test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deepknight's Brigandine vs Life Silk Spinnret

nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
Which of these two armor sets are best for both devo and tank Pallys? I know we are supposed to stack HP and Power. I have both sets and with the life Silk you lose 24000 hp but you gain 1400 power along with recovery and def, for the purpose of power sharing which one is better?

Comments

• metikulousmetikulous Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    post that was swallowed - see post below
    Post edited by metikulous on
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I'm a DevOP and I use the Deepknight's Brigandine; the extra HP helps when the goblins of RNG don't go your way, and the extra HP really help with Aura of Courage (one of your top sources of damage).
  • metikulousmetikulous Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    For purely power sharing purposes only you would use Lifesilk spinneret. Had some calculations done but forum ate my post. Edit: Yay for Monday morning math. Let me know what I messed up =).

Devotion
    Lifesilk Spinneret
    1,444 x 25% => 361

Deepknight's Brigandine
    No power => 0

Protection
    Lifesilk Spinneret
    25,248hp x 10% => 2,524.8 x 25% => 631.2 + (1,444 x 25%) => 992.2 Edit: forgot original power

Deepknight's Brigandine
    50,495hp x 10% => 5,049 x 25% => 1,262.3
    *Hp can be buffed by toughness feat (9%) and energon (5%)...can't remember if any more buffs so...
    50,495hp x 1.14 => 57,564.3 x 10% => 5,756.4 x 25% => 1,439.1

Hp can't be transferred from companions, can save you from a death, and adds to aura of courage damage so I feel that Deepknight's Brigandine is BIS in both cases.

Bonus Aura of Courage
    Lifesilk Spinneret
    25,248 x 1.3 = 328 per hit
    Deepknight's Brigandine
    50,495 x 1.3 = 656 per hit
    Deepknight's Brigandine (hp buffed)
    57,564 x 1.3 = 748 per hit

The question is does power sharing +361 (dev) and +636 (prot) power from lifesilk outweigh gaining that extra aura of courage damage? Remember people have to stay with 30' of you for 6 seconds to gain the benefits.
    Post edited by metikulous on
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Thank you for that explanation, so HP over power FTW.
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    You forgot to multiply by 25% for Lifesilk. With 50k HP it's total 5k power, Lifesilk - 2.5k + 1444 so almost 4k power.

Personaly I find Deepknight's Brigandine BiS for both Dev and Prot. Obvious why for Prot, but for Dev because of couple reasons:
    1. HP cannot be gained from bondings.
    2. It affects AoC which is one of primary sources of damage.
    3. It increases survivability.
    4. Aura Gifts doesn't stack so IMO taking gear with the most power and ignoring HP (Survivor's Wraps, Jarl's Gaze, Relic Ward armor) plus stacking defensive stats over HP (Azures or Black Ice) to get more base power through Assassin's Covenant is not worth losing that HP and personal damage and survivability. And power gained that way should be comparable to using power mount equip power and SH boon. So everytime there is Prot around all that investment is wasted.

I've been arguing about that with some people who go for Assassin's Covenant and power over HP.
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    @trzebiat#2067 I hv had this same argument with a couple of my guildies as well, I am running vivified resto relic head arms and boots and Deepknight's Brigandine, and it works like a charm but have been lured into trying the survival wraps jarls gaze and life Silk for the power share, hence the original inquiry, I tried it last night and it's works either way but I think I'm going to stick with my original set up thx for the info
  • spiderfire#4162 spiderfire Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Having not had the deepnight drop for me yet, I can't do a good compare. Currently, I have the vivified chest piece.

Meticulous, ty for your math as it helps to clarify some things. Can you add in the dmg modification you get from the additional power to AoC? AoC is affected primarily by 4 things: HP, power, ArPen, and AoC rank. An addition 1000 power seems to increase overall AoC damage by approx 3%.
  • veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User

AoC is affected primarily by 4 things: HP, power, ArPen, and AoC rank. An addition 1000 power seems to increase overall AoC damage by approx 3%.

My original assessment and testing did not confirm these results, I believe AoC to be a flat damage number, unmoveable by power(%damage buffs). I shall cover this in my next round of testing.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!

AoC is affected primarily by 4 things: HP, power, ArPen, and AoC rank. An addition 1000 power seems to increase overall AoC damage by approx 3%.

My original assessment and testing did not confirm these results, I believe AoC to be a flat damage number, unmoveable by power(%damage buffs). I shall cover this in my next round of testing.
    AoC can be buffed. From recent FBI run (with DC and MoF Rene CW, I have around 230k HP, Orcus set, Air, Earth Archons and Siege Master), the last AoC hit:
    "[Combat (Self)] Your Aura of Courage deals 141504 (50294) Radiant Damage to Drufi."
  • veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User

AoC can be buffed. From recent FBI run (with DC and MoF Rene CW, I have around 230k HP, Orcus set, Air, Earth Archons and Siege Master), the last AoC hit:
    "[Combat (Self)] Your Aura of Courage deals 141504 (50294) Radiant Damage to Drufi."

Given the unmitigated and mitigated values, I would say that it does look like it is being buffed and debuffed based on DR and damage. My apologies.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Aoc damage increases with buffs.
  • thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    Yeah, my AoC hits for between 6k and 11k solo and over 60k in decent groups.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    This is from Sharpedge: "the damage dealt by aura of courage is buffed by other effects, such as buffs provided by clerics or wizards. It cannot crit and it will not proc off of itself (so cannot self loop) also, it receives no benefit from power."
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • spiderfire#4162 spiderfire Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Obviously, it may or may not have been affected by power when sharpedge did his testing, but it is definitely affected by power now. I've convicted experiments where the only difference in stats was a little power, and saw differences in dmg (to the practice dummies).
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    I'm curious as to if the OP looked at Morlanth's Shroud? The stats are comparable to Lifesilk and is MUCH easier to obtain.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • ase#2329 ase Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    is the Deepknight's Brigandine only in chest or can it be dropped at the end of the skirm too ?

I'm curious as to if the OP looked at Morlanth's Shroud? The stats are comparable to Lifesilk and is MUCH easier to obtain.

That's what I am using right now, waiting to check on Deepknight's Brigandine.
    ase#2329 said:

is the Deepknight's Brigandine only in chest or can it be dropped at the end of the skirm too ?

I have only seen it as a chest reward, same for other dungeon specific gear, so I don't think it can drop as completion reward.
    Soooo Morlanth's Shroud or Brigandine ?
    Cos, Morlanth gives nice power and recovery too :)
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Brigandine transmuted to Morlanths so you get the HP and the cool smoke effect....win/win
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I think brig is BiS for prot-OP. I'd only wear a shroud or spinneret if I was trying to do prot/devo loadouts and needed a chest piece that struck a happy medium.

The HP contribution to "base power" through Oath of Protection is very hard to beat. And it's relatively accessible for end-game gear (sure you're stuck with RNGesus but throne isn't the worst to grind).

But this game has a pretty low "good enough for your role" threshold and I'm confident that shroud and spinneret are well above that. Chasing BiS isn't always a great return on investment, especially for support classes. Having or not having the brig won't make or break your prot-OP.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    also, consider the mysterious merchant version: Magelord's Tunic, which has the same stats.

Anyone got a screenshot of Morlanth's Shroud armor?