test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cool suggestion for Paladins that went for the Devotion path

np55np55 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
They only got one Encounter power that improves the party's overall damage. Almost every time whenever I pug a dungeon and we get a DevOP... The tank Leaves because they prefer the Cleric's buffing abilities. I thought of simple and cool idea to fix that. Why not make "Sacred Weapon" a party effect; making everyone's weapon glow with radiance and instead of 3 charges, make it stay up for 5- 8 seconds with a reasonable cooldown.

Share your thoughts and opinions!
Post edited by np55 on
Tagged:

Comments

• tko21tko21 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I think it could also apply some bonus effect depending on which paragon you chose. For protection each person that hits an enemy while buffed can apply a 0.5% damage debuff that stacks 5 times and only 1 person can apply 1 stack. For devotion they could apply a damage resist debuff and works the same way as the damage debuff. Of course it would have to last only 2 - 3 seconds so it isn't OP (heh...).
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    np55 said:

Paladins only have one Encounter power that improves the party's overall damage. Almost every time whenever I pug a dungeon and we get a DevOP... The tank Leaves because they prefer the Cleric's buffing abilities. I thought of simple and cool idea to fix that. Why not make "Sacred Weapon" a party effect; making everyone's weapon glow with radiance and instead of 3 charges, make it stay up for 5- 8 seconds with a reasonable cooldown.

Carrying one buff/debuff encounter is not enough?
    OP also has aura to do buff/debuff.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Any tank that leaves with a healadan is an idiot and doesn't know about the power share, auras, cooldown reductions, buffs and debuffs, and the fact that they can heal a tank from near zero to full health pretty much instantly.

And I don't even play one, I have a pally tank, a dc and a cw.
  • np55np55 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2017

np55 said:

Paladins only have one Encounter power that improves the party's overall damage. Almost every time whenever I pug a dungeon and we get a DevOP... The tank Leaves because they prefer the Cleric's buffing abilities. I thought of simple and cool idea to fix that. Why not make "Sacred Weapon" a party effect; making everyone's weapon glow with radiance and instead of 3 charges, make it stay up for 5- 8 seconds with a reasonable cooldown.

Carrying one buff/debuff encounter is not enough?
    OP also has aura to do buff/debuff.
    It isn't enough... Bane stacks really slow and only 3 times. I only see it being used in a boss fight, applying these marks separately takes for ever and sometimes you apply it on a ally by accident because they jump everywhere trying get Combat Advantage on a monster. Auras? They're amazing, but if you run with a ProtOP using the same Auras you NEED to change yours to something different because they don't stack... The only Auras we got for buffing are Courage and Wisdom. We don't need anything else other than those two because we can heal everything INSTANTLY.

• oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Aura of Truth and Protection could be handy too in hard dungs. Ideal for two pallies. Courage/Protection and Wisdom/Truth
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • np55np55 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    We don't even have a Daily that buffs the party's damage... I find that very absurd because if you look at the DC, they have two Dailys and over three Encounter powers that improves the party's overall damage!

Yeah we can reduce everyone's Cooldowns! The DC can do that too, just pop a Daily with Hastening Light and BOOM... Everyone's cooldowns are completely reduced.
    Post edited by np55 on
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    np55 said:

They only got one Encounter power that improves the party's overall damage. Almost every time whenever I pug a dungeon and we get a DevOP... The tank Leaves because they prefer the Cleric's buffing abilities. I thought of simple and cool idea to fix that. Why not make "Sacred Weapon" a party effect; making everyone's weapon glow with radiance and instead of 3 charges, make it stay up for 5- 8 seconds with a reasonable cooldown.

Honestly I've suggested many times they should extend the buff of sacred weapon to beyond 3 strikes because the animation is one of the longer more drawn out ones and 3 hits is well rather sad. They nerfed Paladin's Devine Justice & Devine Protector but can't even slight boost sacred weapon out to 5 hits with a +1 at Rank 3 and another +1 at Rank 4.

I doubt we'll see Paladin's causing all people's weapons to be boosted cause we already have Aura of Courage which allows everyone to do damage, Aura of Vengence also gives damage by all parties when any party member takes takes, or Aura of Wrath which can increase party members damage by noticeable amount as their HP decreases.

Not to mention that if their a healer in Devotion path and take the Light path you can provide up to 25% of your power to others who stay within your aura for 6 seconds. Still I find that doesn't trigger nearly enough because Paladin's move slower than most others so they can often rush forward or back cancelling the benefit before it triggers--I'd love to see the Light benefit perhaps down to 4 seconds. Even my Justice Protection Paladin has saved 15 feats to give his party members that remain close 25% of his power even if that hurt's his DPS a bit so options do exist.

Sacred Weapon should be extended to at least 5 hits up from 3 today.
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    Vow of Enmity should be for all allies.... Sacred Weapon should be a fire that spreads to other targets reducing their defense.... Burning Light should have its charge up removed and it reinforces allies with a defense boost.... Healing Font should act like a weaker Hallowed ground and affect all allies instead of just one every few seconds.