test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

N0T0's PVE MI Saboteur Build

sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
Everyone who is looking for a viable Sabo build that can frequently do as well or better than my build (Lilia Drakon) in PVE, here you go:
N0T0's BUILD
Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog

Comments

• blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    I saw the build works and its a great alternative for those who wanted something else than Executioner.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    TY for helping N0t0ri0us get his build out in the open, Lilia Drakon.

And to N0t0, I can't thank you enough for sharing your build with the world. The TR community does not have many people posting builds and any builds comming out at all is a big deal, let alone well tested ones. Yours is particularly valuble as not very many people still play sabotuer in PVE.

I read the build and have a few questions and small recommendations:

In your paragraph on smokebomb, you mentioned it affects bosses and control resistant mobs. I have never seen a control immune target like a boss become dazed by SB and am unsure if I am misunderstanding you. There are some bosses in low level quests that can be controlled normally and courage breaker cuts through all resistances, but other than that, I am unsure what you could mean.

In your section on armor kits, it says you recommend AP gain. I could have sworn in the past you told me AP gain in stat form was bugged and does not do anything and I should take regen or stamina gain instead for kits. I also remember you mentioning the AP gain stat from artifacts such as the black dragon heart specifically. Did something happen since then or did I just mishear you somehow? I think more than one TR may have told me this but those memories are hazy.

In your section on artifacts, you mention that you use a symbol of air. I thought this was an odd choice considering you own a ranger and probably have the sigil of the hunter unlocked, which grants power and recovery as well but instead of movement, it offers stamina gain.

I noticed in the mount powers and insignias section, the 5 insignia powers you use and your mount stat power are mentioned but not which kinds of insignias you slotted. I would recommend adding what insignia stats you stack to the blog post.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    @trgluestickz Hey Mari! I'm pretty sure it's not the daze from smoke bomb, but the slow that hits the bosses. I'm not sure how much he checks the forums, but I'll make sure he know about your questions and gets back to you.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • coldbeer#1097 coldbeer Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I”ve tried Smoke Bomb on Garakas and he”s kinda powering down for a couple of seconds, bending over. Hiting will get him up, but in those sec gwf and cw can wreak a lot of dmg.
  • sn0wt0ri0ussn0wt0ri0us Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User

And to N0t0, I can't thank you enough for sharing your build with the world. The TR community does not have many people posting builds and any builds comming out at all is a big deal, let alone well tested ones. Yours is particularly valuble as not very many people still play sabotuer in PVE.

In your paragraph on smokebomb, you mentioned it affects bosses and control resistant mobs. I have never seen a control immune target like a boss become dazed by SB and am unsure if I am misunderstanding you. There are some bosses in low level quests that can be controlled normally and courage breaker cuts through all resistances, but other than that, I am unsure what you could mean.

In your section on armor kits, it says you recommend AP gain. I could have sworn in the past you told me AP gain in stat form was bugged and does not do anything and I should take regen or stamina gain instead for kits. I also remember you mentioning the AP gain stat from artifacts such as the black dragon heart specifically. Did something happen since then or did I just mishear you somehow? I think more than one TR may have told me this but those memories are hazy.

In your section on artifacts, you mention that you use a symbol of air. I thought this was an odd choice considering you own a ranger and probably have the sigil of the hunter unlocked, which grants power and recovery as well but instead of movement, it offers stamina gain.

I noticed in the mount powers and insignias section, the 5 insignia powers you use and your mount stat power are mentioned but not which kinds of insignias you slotted. I would recommend adding what insignia stats you stack to the blog post.

Sirjimbob is correct when he says the bosses are affected by the slow from Smoke Bomb, not the daze. ATM as far as I know AP gain works... hopefully. I thought symbol of air was cooler. Definitely a good idea with the mount insignia's but at the same time I'm constantly changing my insignia's, for AD and what not.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Sirjimbob is correct when he says the bosses are affected by the slow from Smoke Bomb, not the daze. ATM as far as I know AP gain works... hopefully. I thought symbol of air was cooler. Definitely a good idea with the mount insignia's but at the same time I'm constantly changing my insignia's, for AD and what not.
    If not what you personally use, I would suggest adding what stats from insignias you recommend people stack then.

Good to know that SB does have an effect on bosses. I'm a scoundrel and get 25% more damage if my target is affected by any CCs so knowing about that slow could come in handy for me.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • coldbeer#1097 coldbeer Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I tried this build, using though the stealth gain from dodge and i noticed an increase in dps for my 2.5 tr. Mobs are easier, while bosses need a dedicated tank, but smoke bomb have a good effect on them. Ty for your build notes.
  • chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    Outstanding work. Thank you!
  • sn0wt0ri0ussn0wt0ri0us Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User

Outstanding work. Thank you!

:D no, thank you
  • svenisperfectsvenisperfect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    So I have a question with regards to the new artefact cloaks that came out. Wouldn't the extra strength you could get from the raider cloak and a greater belt of strength not be more preferable to the Orcus set? Seeing as in the end game I feel hitting harder overall would be preferred to a fluctuating set bonus.

This in regards to not having to wait for duellist flurry stacks to fall off so you can reapply them with a better damage bonus, or just in general make your encounters hit that much harder consistently. I feel like it should work slightly better especially since I get the feeling that a Saboteur is all about the damage overall rather than certain burst points in a fight.

Any thoughts?