test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Where oh where has my framerate gone? How to fix mod 11.5 lag?

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
edited May 2017 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
GPU = NVidia GeForce 730M. All my in-game graphics settings are already at low. Any way to get back a playable framerate instead of this choppy, laggy nonsense would be appreciated.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Maybe when they fix the game from crashing entirely and giving application errors to people post 11.5 it will also fix your problem? There have been quite a number of Fatal Errors reported with the game application.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    I agree the OP and does anyone have a workaround or any solution for theese ingame lags? Svardborg is unplayable for me, also FBI. Theese lags gonna kill my motiviation to play NW. Can anyone help?

• Options
    faredawg1faredawg1 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    This change has made the game unplayable for my system. And my system is old. But im hearing from people with new and great rigs that have the same problems i am having. Is there a set up that works with MAX settings at all? What was the purpose of this change?
  • Options
    hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    I had a frame rate problem that plagued me for over a year. I found out it was the HPET windows timer.
    Once I turned it off, everything worked again. I went from 10-20 fps to 60+ fps almost everywhere.

From an Admin (Elevated) Command Prompt:
    To disable HPET in Windows run the command... bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
    To enable HPET as the timer run the command... bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    What does HPET stand for? I'm not going to try HAMSTER like that until I know what it is.
  • Options
    remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User
    Was new to me also, but found this: https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/do-you-have-hpet-enabled-or-disabled.2362109/

Sounds like it's a valid option at least tho.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    guys turn off the anti aliasing x 16 way to high for low end cards turn off shadows as well turn particle to 0
    make sure it is full screen not windowed full screen ..

make sure flash apps is not running in minimized browser windows...
    lots of crome and firefox windows open will / could eat your system resources and video memory ..
  • Options
    draslyodraslyo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    The frame rate is so bad when i am able to log in not able to move character. Before the last update did not have any issue. Guess i'll wait to see if anything is fixed after Thursday maintenance. Hope it will be fixed hate to leave a game i have been playing for 4 years
  • Options
    velahryn#7236 velahryn Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Disabling HPET > doesn't work..
    Disabling Steam and use direct .exe file > doesn't work.
    Flush and clear dns cache and change it > doesn't work.
    Reinstall whole game > doesn't work.
    Lowering all visual graphics to LOWEST > doesn't work..

This seems like a server sided problem and have no ideahow to solve this!...
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    also in the case of some systems and laptop there are in fact 2 video cards and you need to right click run with and select the right video card not the slow onboard intel one

you also may have overrided never winter setting in your graphic setting in windows and its trying to adjust it / over ride it from there .. you may be able to set a new profile for your graphic card to use for nevewinter under the nvdia or amd control panels in windows
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Thanks kalina, I long ago made sure NW was bound to my GPU and customized it in the nvidia control panel.