test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sugestion on GWF rework

treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
edited May 2017 in The Militia Barracks
This is my suggestion on gwf rework, i don't remember if TR or GWF was first in the "fix" line, i recognize that damage is the most important component in the game nowadays, this rework is focused that way, still there is a very interesting side of stuns/aggro that i tried to maintain because some people enjoy that playstyle and find a way to play all playstyles is the goal.

All changes have a purpose if i changed a power by x and not y amount it has a reason, if this power did this and now does that, etc, but basically it's "take here put there".

Hopefully when it's time this post will serve as a base for some of the changes, check it out, throw some theories at it and say what you would change.

What needs to be fixed:
Daring shout DR debuff is not dropping after GWF hit;
Instigator path cap can be picked with only 20 feats in the path;
Living wall 10% from being behind the GWF is working when it feels like to.
At-wills are not getting damage reduced on unstoppable.

Mechanic:
Sprinting will give the GWF 40% of his hitpoints as a shield that will drain away after 2 seconds, can only occur every 10 seconds.
Unstopable will grant you 15 to 30% of your hit points as temporary hit points (no DR).

Feats Destroyer;

Deep gash:
To: 40% of your power over 6 seconds tick each 2 seconds;

Focused Destroyer:
From: Destroyer has a 25% chance to stack hitting any number of targets and each stack gives 3.5% aditional damage.
To: Destroyer has a 50% chance to stack in any number of targets and each stack gives 1% aditional damage;

Destroyer purpose:
Everything same but set a limit per power usage of determination gain of 33%;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instigator path:

Instigator's vengeance:
From: You deal 10% more damage and whenever you are struck in battle you gain additional 10% damage, this bonus will stack up to 50% and last 6 seconds.
To: You deal 10% more damage and whenever you are struck in battle you get 10% more damage, your allies have 25% chance to grant you a instigator's vengeance stack each time they are hit lasting 6 seconds.

Stunning flourish:
From: Flourish has 5% extra chance to crit and stuns targets on last hit by 1 second.
To: Flourish has 5% extra chance to crit and stuns targets on last hit by 1 second and marks them.

Nimble runner:
From: Sprint and punishing charge give you 10% more speed and deflection;
To: Your sprint and punishing charge give you 5% more speed and deflection for 5 seconds, this power doesn't stack but refreshes, additionally when you sprint you stun all targets in a 10' area for 1 second, once every 5 seconds.

Warrior's rush:
From: Mighty leap cools down 25% faster and silences for for 1 second on impact;
To: Mighty leap silences foes 1 second on impact and cut all your currently recharging cooldowns by 25%.

Flanking maneuvers:
From: When you critically strike a foe from behind you knock them prone for 2 seconds
To: When you critically strike a foe from behind you knock them prone for 2 seconds and whenever you use a control power you get 5% additional damage for 10 seconds, doesn't stack but refreshes.

Crippling strike:

From: Spinning strike and Avalanche of steel will slow down targets hit by 50% for 5 seconds.
To:Spinning strike and Avalanche of steel will slow down targets hit by 50% for 5 seconds when this effect expires targets hit will be marked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sentinel path:

Living wall:
From: You give your allies 5% DR or 10% if they stand behind you.
To: Same thing but DR to GWF 5% not 10%.

Countless scars:
From: Each time you are struck you get 1% DR stacking up to
To: Each time you are struck you get 10% DR 2% by each hit.

Defiance:
From: Slam and spinning strike generate 25% additional threat and your defense is increased by 25% while they are active.
Slam will deal 50% additional damage and grant all allies within it's radius 10% Damage resistance, spinning strike will generate 25% additional threath and increase your deflection severity by 20% while active.

Grudge style:
From: Sure strike has 5% more crit chance, sure strike and reaping strike generate 50% additional threat;
To: You now have 7,5% more critical chance....

Master at arms: Deflection and whenever you deflect and attack you gain 5% more damage for 10 seconds.

Sentinel aegis:
Restoring strike deals more 40% damage and gives you 20% additional incoming healing for 12 seconds (doesn't stack), additionally 30% of it's heal will be converted to a heal over time.
While unstoppable you gain 80% deflection chance;
Every 10 seconds you gain a shield for 50% of your HP that will only be consumed if you take damage superior to it's value in 1 blow also loosing all your threat on the target.

Powers:

Not So Fast -> 40% + Damage;
Mighty leap -> 60% + Damage;
Roar, frontline surge, takedown -> 20% + Damage;
Come and get it-> change to 30% the buff;
Punishing charge -> 200% + more damage;
Daring shout-> Area increased by 5'
Hidden daggers buff down to 20% damage down 20%;
Grand fissure-> 100% + damage;
Wicked strike -> Third hit hits less 30% damage but 2 first hits hit for 30% more damage;

Spining strike -> 10%
Avalanche of steel -> 50%

Change in Class features:

Destroyer: 2% per stack, 15 seconds uptime, changing from 3 and 5 respectively;
Steadfast determination: 5% per second, additional 10% per rank up to 6.67% (now it's about 10 times less);

Powers that REALLY need visual rework:
Mighty leap;
Wicked strike;
Reaping strike;

Ok, this is the base, what will make the balance within the class but this will make GWF go from the best dps to the worse so there needs to be an additional damage increase across all powers to make sure everything scales with everything.
How much i'm not sure because it needs to be put side by side with other classes and it's quite complicated, based on the changes above the destroyer damage should be down by something around 20% in multi target and 35% in single target so i would say this global increase to be between 25 and 30% otherwise it's gwf mod 5 again.

The base damage equation will be for most powers (177 + weapon damage) * (Hidden multiplier specific for each power) * (1- (Rank increase) + (Rank you already have unlocked* Rank increase), so when i say "Punishing charge -> 200% + more damage" it's actually turn the "Hidden multiplier specific for each power" from 0.45 into 1.35.

As explained here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228351/pc-pve-basic-damage-healing-calculations

But why 200%?. I didn't do much of a millimetric precision but yes something more like a comparative, right now assuming that we hit, let's say 5 targets with punishing charge, the damage dealt won't be that bad but there are competition powers and downsides, at the current gwf state it is preferable to use at wills to clean trash and if a big guy stands there in the middle just hatch him really hard, so multi target encounters powers need to stand off and get somewhat closer to single target powers also to gain some viability in pvp about punishing charge: it's not buffed by hidden daggers (and hidden daggers is a power almost exclusively damage directed, without stuns etc so it should still be part of the rotation for the best damage) and it's a power that does little more than damage, the cast time is pretty big and it will put the gwf in a bad position so it needs to be a really high buff up from what it is now for people to consider in use it.

it's more or less this the explanation for the changes.

Post edited by treesclimber on

Comments

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Edit in the post above i forgot to mention, intimidation should be affected by all damage multipliers. There was a topic earlier in the forum addressing this feat, my opinion at the time was the same, a path (sentinel in this case) should not rely it's damage fully on a feat, so i took a look and 125% with current weapons and it's a amount that will come close to 70% of restoring strike , i changed the amount of Come and get it buff because it's currently really low, i don't remember the amount, still the 30% should represent at most 6% damage increase wich turns the power still pretty damn bad out of the sentinel path, tbh, i don't think a buff bigger than that would be bad because the pull will be a tiny influence on it's component.

And lowering the threath is not an option, kaelac wrote an article a section on a article about threat, 1 damage = 1 threat, when comparing damage values to those of OP base values and cast times, for a sentinel to pull threat for himself from a justice paladin all the threat inserted in the path right now is more than necessary to pass the 110% threat barrier when the target will change it's threat holder. From experience, using a build with only Intimidation is not enough to draw targets attention for over than a little bit.
    I though this power deserved a more long explanation since it used to be the core of sentinel.

edited May 2017

What needs to change is that we get a dodge and that Takedown gets its prone back. The other two trees need work, but Destroyer is mostly fine. Taking GWF self-buffs and transferring them to base damage would be the way to go. That would make all 3 paths have good damage. Nerfing good powers and boosting bad ones will not work with GWF. They all need to be good. FLS and Takedown have been useless since they lost their prones. You are trying to nerf GWF damage by what? 100%. Removing our DR from Unstoppable? That is not even a valid option.

Most of what you said is above -.-" ok, you simply just read the begging and said "it's a nerf", removing DR from unstopable has a purpose, right now GWF can get huge amounts of DR, classes/paths without RI will never manage to kill a GWF however HR and GF (not TR's in this case, i don't think sabo can hurt a flee with at wills) will slice through like soft pancakes, temporary hit points are considered no DR absorption so each time a gwf goes unstoppable will get more temp HP for HR's and GF's, taking a lookon the "average damage take per unstoppable" in pve this is not a drastic change as well, it's small but fills the purpose.

• masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I skimmed your proposals, but didn't see the #1 biggest mistake they have right now. Without the destroyer end cap, you can't effectively gain your determination. The "dealing damage gains determination" should be moved to the core mechanic.

Also, instigator would still only last 6 seconds? It should be as long or LONGER than the destroyer endcap (much harder to achieve).
    masteroga said:

I skimmed your proposals, but didn't see the #1 biggest mistake they have right now. Without the destroyer end cap, you can't effectively gain your determination. The "dealing damage gains determination" should be moved to the core mechanic.

PVP there is no need and pve i tried to avoid that to to maintain what represents each path, remember that determination out of destroyer path is not that relevant for damage, if you pick your at will damage % (something around 50% at most) and apply the unstoppable uptime of around 50% for a sentinel for example and then the real damage increase that should exist if at-wills actually got reduced by unstoppable, since that's bugged now ( i made a mistake in sentinel, i had "at-wills no longer deal less damage while unstopable", i deleted in my local document but not here, anyway, it's fixed), then you would see that the simple use of wrathful determination and maintain wrathful determination at full determination would pass that amount of damage, for dangerous swings or controls GWF would need to use sprint, and even after all this, damage would still maintain, sentinel and instigator should be about 40% more dps capable than now.

And like always instigator's vengeance, like everything in the game stacks like "devs like to stack stacks" so 1 simple stack addition will refresh any number of stacks and add 1 if not 4 already, with a 25% change of gaining a stack from supposedly 9 entities in your group (4 players and 5 companions) the uptime should be near permanent if not permanent.

• masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    So....the solution to not gaining determination via damage for all paths, is to rely on wrathful determination? I thought the entire idea is to increase variance of skills and feats, not simply shift one mandatory skill/feat for another.

With a good tank, you can literally take 0 damage on just about every boss fight (and even some trash mob sections too) So you will have 0 determination the entire fight! How is that good?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

What needs to be fixed:
    Daring shout DR debuff is not dropping after GWF hit;
    At-wills are not getting damage reduced on unstoppable.

Not sure if Daring Shout's mark is bugged like that, but, eh, it's not really a big deal.

To my knowledge, the At-will change was actually done in Mod6, because you were effectively punished for trying to deal damage through your class mechanic. Why the tooltip wasn't updated was beyond me.

And the "dealing damage to enemies builds Unstoppable" needs to be for all GWFs, because the primary weakness of the Sentinel and Instigator involve the part about getting hit.

Feats Destroyer;

Deep gash:
    To: 40% of your power over 6 seconds tick each 2 seconds;

Focused Destroyer:
    From: Destroyer has a 25% chance to stack hitting any number of targets and each stack gives 3.5% aditional damage.
    To: Destroyer has a 50% chance to stack in any number of targets and each stack gives 1% aditional damage;

Meh, Deep Gash still sucks
    And Destroyer is still riddled with loads and loads of damage bonuses, which makes it really annoying. As someone once pointed out, why do GWFs need to hit enemies a couple of times for their toothpick to sharpen into a sword?

Instigator path:
    Instigator's vengeance:
    From: You deal 10% more damage and whenever you are struck in battle you gain additional 10% damage, this bonus will stack up to 50% and last 6 seconds.
    To: You deal 10% more damage and whenever you are struck in battle you get 10% more damage, your allies have 25% chance to grant you a instigator's vengeance stack each time they are hit lasting 6 seconds.

The Instigator's Vengance thing is still really stupid, because enemies drop dead within the blink of the eye by the time they touch you once (most mobs) or deal so much damage that if you get hit once, you die (most bosses). The 25% chance thing still makes the Instigator capstone inconsistent, since some bosses attack extremely slowly.

All in all, most of these changes don't address the Instigator's primary issue: being a weaker Destroyer. Differentiate the two paths, such as Destroyer being for personal DPS and Instigator being for the new GWFs or being half buffer/half DPS.

Sentinel path:

Living wall:
    From: You give your allies 5% DR or 10% if they stand behind you.
    To: Same thing but DR to GWF 5% not 10%.

Countless scars:
    From: Each time you are struck you get 1% DR stacking up to
    To: Each time you are struck you get 10% DR 2% by each hit.

Defiance:
    From: Slam and spinning strike generate 25% additional threat and your defense is increased by 25% while they are active.
    Slam will deal 50% additional damage and grant all allies within it's radius 10% Damage resistance, spinning strike will generate 25% additional threath and increase your deflection severity by 20% while active.

Grudge style:
    From: Sure strike has 5% more crit chance, sure strike and reaping strike generate 50% additional threat;
    To: You now have 7,5% more critical chance....

Master at arms: Deflection and whenever you deflect and attack you gain 5% more damage for 10 seconds.

Sentinel aegis:
    Restoring strike deals more 40% damage and gives you 20% additional incoming healing for 12 seconds (doesn't stack), additionally 30% of it's heal will be converted to a heal over time.
    While unstoppable you gain 80% deflection chance;
    Every 10 seconds you gain a shield for 50% of your HP that will only be consumed if you take damage superior to it's value in 1 blow also loosing all your threat on the target.

You can give the Sentinel as much DR as you want, but it doesn't change the fact that they have no additional ways to absorb damage. Your changes also assume that the Sentinel can get hit enough times to build up their stacks, which... doesn't really work out in practice as it does in theory.

Change Sentinel's Aegis to the following: the damage you deal is converted into Temporary HP, capping out at 150% of your total HP. In addition, when you enter Unstoppable, your attacks force your target to attack you, and Unstoppable mitigates 50% of the damage that you take.

The reason I suggest changing it this way is because this allows Sentinels to have a defensive foothold while waiting for their main defensive mechanic (Unstoppable) to kick in.

I like the ideas, but very few of them address the core issues:

-Destroyer is fine, it's the personal DPS path, it should be all about dealing max damage. Leave as is.
    -Instigator and Sentinel need to stop being tied to getting hit, because it just doesn't work.
    -Same with Unstoppable: Instigators and Sentinels won't be able to use the GWF's signature feature because there's nothing left alive to use it on, or because the Instigators/Sentinels will be eating the dirt before they get the chance to use Unstoppable.
    -Instigator, unless overhauled significantly, will still be the poor man's Destroyer. Give Instigator an identitiy, such as having some buffs on the side of DPS (ex: Instigator's Vengance grants you 40% extra damage for 13 seconds after activating Unstoppable, in addition to giving your teammates 20% extra damage during the duration) . Another way to make Instigator unique is to have it be easier to manage for newbies: Instigator could give all of its damage stacks from simply activating Unstoppable/dealing Critical damage in addition to providing some nice team utility, in exchange for a lowered amount of personal damage output when compared to Destroyer.
    -GWF limited moveset syndrome is because you effectively need all these various self buffs to sharpen your stick into an actual weapon. The self buffs need to be partially transferred to weapon damage to make it so all paths have some degree of damage (whacking bad guys in the face is what the GWF is all about).
    -Other powers need to be overhauled to have extra uses besides hitting opponents (ex: Reaping Strike could mitigate 30% of incoming damage while charging. That would actually be more useful than the actual attack).

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    @defiantone99 Thanks for the nice words before I appreciate it.

This is not a good rework and it work make us even more worthless in PVP. I give you props for trying to come up with ideas but destroyer shouldnt get any nerf at all to damage. It needs a pretty significant buff to even match conqueror gfs in PVP. But gfs are a completely other topic which should be addressed at some date.

Instigator needs to be reworked to change your self buffing powers (battlefury and come and get it) into buffs for teammates. Yes that includes stamina refill from battlefury. Id also like to see a feat that reduces all cooldowns by lets say 25% for the gwf and 10% for allies if you pick this tree... maybe slip it into the capstone not sure. That and make our proning moves actually prone if you choose this path.

Sentinel doesn't need DR buffs it needs less incoming damage buffs ESPECIALLY while unstoppable. All the DR in the world wont save you from a dunk or a combat hr. Also have this tree gain alot more unstoppable while getting hit. well because its a tank. That and buff the "living wall" feat to make it 10% less incoming damage for the gwf and 10% less incoming damage to allies when they are within 20 feet of the gwf. That would make it worth having in a team fight.

Destroyer changes.. make the stacks easier to get. Make destroyer stacks last the same time as destroyers purpose stacks. But if you go Destroyer you should take 10% more damage but do 10% more damage in return.

Powers that need adjusting overall.
    1. Wrathful determination: If you look at wrathful determination id say make it the opposite of shield warriors wrath for the GF. Make it 20% damage buff after 20 hits. 1% damage buff for each attack.
    2. Come and get it.. lets just make this buff last for the next 5 seconds instead of just for the next attack.
    3. Unstoppable.. can we please break of of courage breakers? That way there is at least one class that cant be permanently courage broken so we can break this meta of courage breaking and getting pushed off the node so we can play in serious premades more?
    4. Throwing knifes.. Why do we have them? seems silly to me. How about we just switch it for a mark that points to them and marks them but at the same time gives the 40% buff like we have right now?

Im sure I could think of more stuff if I had the time but here you go for now.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
    edited May 2017
    @masteroga No, completely not, the solution to bring damage to all paths is to raise the base damage off powers and then some in specific, Wrathful determination has consequences in survival, carrying it would be a choice of the player to do, assuming you are running content suitable for your IL you would much probably intentionally trigger determination, either for the temp HP or the CC resist, so lets say you use Steel Blitz for example, with a 50% uptime determination in sentinel path (Lancer told me that the no penalization to at-wills during unstoppable was intended from the Devs), so you would have the steel blitz damage + the survival and CC from unstoppable + 80% speed increase in at-wills, now compare it to wrathful determination, seems a good price to pay. And in a situation with a majestic tank wrathful determination would be the way to go, what you consider the problem is not the problem and that is the speed of determination production because most players in the forum (me included) give a lot of consideration of "outbound" players, 3k players running 2k content with a "need to get hit build" and expect to get results close to "hit for more hit build".

@rjc9000
    -Deep gash represents about 4,5% of my damage in a destroyer build in multi target solo, while in dungeons that value may come down, an change to 2 second tick and 40% power is intended to make another big feature of this feat less reliable and increase it's damage, that feature is life steal that can be applied over time and grant a very good survival to the gwf.

-Your point of view is for a group above the requirements, assuming that you take a regular formation team (ya know 1 tank, 1 healer 3 dps) with 11k IL into FBI, not with bonding runestones, it is expected for the instigator's vengeance stacks to be up offten. My point of view is "suitable for the content for their IL", i honestly would not like to see instigator as a buffer but more like a stun tatician that it used to be.

-Well you provide a way to get temporary hit points but for that you must already be in battle and already give damage when many times you need to charge and stand strong for your allies, if you think about it with the 40% HP shield + Sprint Temp HP you can simply dive into giants AOE's, survive and go unstoppable, in this situation i find it very unlikely that there is any faster way to get determination, and think about it, cooldown 10 seconds, since you sprint and take damage until your determination runs out, how much time do you have? Yes this needs skill to sprint right on the moment needed but that is up to the player to get experience, and dominate it and the primary CC immunity mechanic of the GWF is sprint, not permanent Unstoppable i maintain my suggestion, but probably a warning for "stamina charge ready" would be required, as for shield the HP bar simply needs to go blue.

And i said deflection because deflection will always cut the damage taken by the GWF by it's severity so it's viable in every possible situation, supposing a 100 hit and 80% DR, deflection will be there and make that damage 10, but if the GWF has no DR at all deflection will still turn the damage into 50, which is an applicable damage income decrease in all situations and after shields gone and with all threat on the GWF not just 80% would sometimes not be enough but also if pass that value the DR currently on the GWF that could be 80% even without unstoppable would be a waste of resources, this way a GWF can build more freely.

And reaping strike does mitigate damage (under DR not damage income reduced);
    Basically i tried to maintain the old playstyle.

@trentbail21

There is an opportunity to maintain the stun build, by neglecting the CC (that honestly can only not be neglected in low lvl areas) so i would vote for that instead of a buffer, buffer we already have, stunners, TR scoundrel maybe.

So....40% player HP as shield for dunks + 40% player HP on sprint to be tactically used and 80% deflect chance that can go to 60% severity during unstoppable is not enough?

1. I like the way WD but this is points of view.
    2. Hum.....thinking fast about it i can't see why not;
    3. Courage breaker is a joke, i mean what other skill works in immune bosses, cap be fast reaplied and ignores almost all form of CC resist? But this is a TR topic.
    4. The 40% now it's way too powerful comparatively to other setups, giving it marks would only make it more powerful, so no way for diversity, increase base damage of all skills and reduce the buff seems like a nice way to approach it.

@defiantone99
    Why the heck would i want to nerf GWF, the only thing you come to the forums to do is give suggestions about content and occasionally confirm bugs if that affects you, wich i find acceptable or if something has an infinite chance to change your paingiver by 1 million to 999 999 you make the living hell out of that change, you are the kind of people that wont let this game get from his knees up to his feet, yes i want to be a healer, not everybody is obsessed by damage or debuff, yes i want to carry a healer companion and be seen as much valuable as someone carrying a dancing shield, yes i want a slow well rewarded run that really makes me work for it so please take in consideration what other's want and ways to provide everyone a good game state because now all of us matter and the devs really listen carefully and you have high impact as all of us do, stop being a selfish dps fanatic. I honestly don't get why some of you are claiming that this is a nerf, pick the amounts:

Initial 100 000 damage;
    Before changes: 100 000 * 1.4 * 1,465*1.5 = 307 650
    After changes: 130 000*1.2*1.27*1.5 = 297 180
    So, 3,5% higher....there is your super nerf that may even not be a nerf at all because:

1.These are the expected values in single target, multi target with the massive changes i included to make multi target powers closer to single target will bypass the current multi target value with ease, situationally better than marks build require which could lead to a non powerful challenge build.

2.The faster stacking of destroyer and the immediate no buff need in multiple situations would often increase even further the damage, contravening the 3,5% damage loss for the currently best build

3.In spite of most gwf damage being "buffable" by hiden daggers in the current meta build, most is not all.

edited May 2017
    I hate how people only see gwfs as pve characters.. gwfs are good for pve already we just need loving in pvp is all. How many mods do we have to be the worst or second worst character?
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited May 2017

I hate how people only see gwfs as pve characters.. gwfs are good for pve already we just need loving in pvp is all. How many mods do we have to be the worst or second worst character?

@trentbail21 I think @xsayajinx1 and icydrake have more than proved that GWF is a very powerful class in pvp, they have 1v1'ed notable members from all or most the other classes and beat them consistently, that makes me believe that, even though, just like other class, there maybe a few issues, it all comes down how you build your toon and how it fits your playstyle. Correct me if I'm wrong but you have stated you're a swordmaster pvp gwf, aren't you? I think that's the problem there, probably saiyajin and icy would tell you going that paragon for pvp would result in less mobility (lack of threatening rush, key for fights) which in turn is less chance to hit the enemies, less hits on the enemies= less stacks of destroyer, less damage dealt, lower effectivenes. You' also giving up indomitable strength so crescendo may cause your combos to take longer, that translates into less cance to kill/finish off someone. WMS is way too clunky, good luck hitting someone with high mobility with that atwill.

Bottomline is, sure, there a few things that gwf may need but for the time being you shouldn't make things harder to yourlsef by being swordmaster in pvp, or rather, if you go sm in pvp which is not optimal you shouldnt ask for buffs/changes, it simply is the most well rounded pve paragon and as such IV should keep being the superior choice for pvp, that's some serious balance there and it should stay that way.
    edited May 2017

@trentbail21 I think @xsayajinx1 and icydrake have more than proved that GWF is a very powerful class in pvp, they have 1v1'ed notable members from all or most the other classes and beat them consistently, that makes me believe that, even though, just like other class, there maybe a few issues, it all comes down how you build your toon and how it fits your playstyle. Correct me if I'm wrong but you have stated you're a swordmaster pvp gwf, aren't you? I think that's the problem there, probably saiyajin and icy would tell you going that paragon for pvp would result in less mobility (lack of threatening rush, key for fights) which in turn is less chance to hit the enemies, less hits on the enemies= less stacks of destroyer, less damage dealt, lower effectivenes. You' also giving up indomitable strength so crescendo may cause your combos to take longer, that translates into less cance to kill/finish off someone. WMS is way too clunky, good luck hitting someone with high mobility with that atwill.

Bottomline is, sure, there a few things that gwf may need but for the time being you shouldn't make things harder to yourlsef by being swordmaster in pvp, or rather, if you go sm in pvp which is not optimal you shouldnt ask for buffs/changes, it simply is the most well rounded pve paragon and as such IV should keep being the superior choice for pvp, that's some serious balance there and it should stay that way.
    That was a long time ago. before this whole courage break push meta with all the combat hunter rangers too. Like defiant says GWFs do great vs pugs but when you fight a maxed team and they arent mirroring your comp and have multiple trs, hrs, cws or gfs you just get pummeled. Nothing like getting 2 or 3 hit by a gf or hr. That or getting dunked for 250k when you cant dodge it at all lol.

GWFs and Sws are in need of the largest rework. We should at least be able to use our sprint maybe at half speed while CBed seeing how other classes can use their sprint/dodge mechanic while CBed. Also we should be able to break out of it with unstoppable. Its about time that got a buff so one class could combat this cancerous meta we have right now.

If you dont play a gwf versus a maxed 4k team you just simply know how frustrating it has been for like the last 2 years. People shouldnt have to match your comp just to make gwfs or sws useable in a serious match thats just crazy talk. Until gwfs can do 1.5x more burst dmg then a conqueror gf we wont have balance in this game at all either.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Until gwfs can do 1.5x more burst dmg then a conqueror gf we wont have balance in this game at all either.

That line reads like>>> No one should dare to rival GWF superiority, <<

Now question worth billion. If GWF will deal 1.5x more dmg than GF conq. How this whole situation will look from CW, and SW view point. But there are TR, HR, heck even DC.
    Also remember that any power changes will affect pvp too.

Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • muckingfuppetmuckingfuppet Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    all I would like is the destroyer stacks to be lowered to 5 max instead of 10 and and to be able to get the stacks while in or out of unstoppable
    edited May 2017

all I would like is the destroyer stacks to be lowered to 5 max instead of 10 and and to be able to get the stacks while in or out of unstoppable

enlighten me of possible outcome...
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I don't think any changes should be made to current Destroyer, except to make more powers viable. Other paths, such as Sentinel need to be made viable now.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Messing with sentinel again, it just needs some buffs to it's tree and utility buffs to certain encounters. And that damn intimidation nerf needs reversed again, and just have it 1/2 effectiveness in pvp as non-piercing damage.
    edited May 2017

I don't think any changes should be made to current Destroyer, except to make more powers viable. Other paths, such as Sentinel need to be made viable now.

Keep going. Would like to hear more of your opinion, how far destro dmg outcome could be lifted and yet keep it not OP. :)
    Also if u have any ideas about sentinel.. Just write.. More ideas, and more players participate = better..
    Well, except @defiantone99,
    ghoulz66 said:

Messing with sentinel again, it just needs some buffs to it's tree and utility buffs to certain encounters. And that damn intimidation nerf needs reversed again, and just have it 1/2 effectiveness in pvp as non-piercing damage.

Keep going. Write more about what changes you would implement. :) Keep ideas going.. :)
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    Gustave Le Bon.

ghoulz66 said:

There is no need to reduce intimidation damage in pvp.

Regarding all the shields instead DR, this is mainly a pvp change, by my choice the part to be addressed would not be DR but yes piercing damage. I am yet to see a endgame GWF defeat a endgame combat HR also i've seen brollax dunk 279k with SE, so there is clearly something wrong with these 2. Many people say " 2 endgame players can hardly defeat each other", well do something about the piercing damage i mention above and remove the bugged 9% extra debuff from feytouched and the game will get a 360 degrees turn around.

• icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    i have beaten Brollax 3 out of 3 matches including him using both fighter ward rank 2 and fighter slayer rank 2. The secret of beating TR reducing the SE damage is a combination of high HP pool, high self regen, 5/5 Ubiquito Shield and TR Ward Rank2. If you use Valahha set that will be even more effective, but I went for Demo set for the kill.

Btw, I was abt 230k HP, if I use Valahha, it goes up to abt 240k HP

PS: TR's dmg is largely a multiplier with combat advantage, so reducing combat advantage's effectiveness can make a lot of diff.

As to HR, I can still beat 95%+ BIS ones, for the ones you know you cant kill due to not being able to out damage their self-heals (BiS heals about 20~30k HP per second), then you can always do hit and run tactic and that will make it hard for them to kill you either. A combat HR's biggest weakness is the speed, if you keep running in and out of PG's zone, it will be hard for them to land heavy hits at you. However , if you have a good DPS partner, you could finish them up pretty quickly.
    Post edited by icyphish on
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Keep going. Would like to hear more of your opinion, how far destro dmg outcome could be lifted and yet keep it not OP. :)
    Also if u have any ideas about sentinel.. Just write.. More ideas, and more players participate = better..
    Well, except @defiantone99,

Since all DPS classes got a facelift from bonding stones (I feel CW and SW scaled well with the enhanced power) GWFs are not OP anymore. More so after HR re-work. I know I don't do the multiple damage x rest of the party I used to. We have had several micro-nerfs, such as the one to Temp HP.

I started playing GWF in Mod 7, had been GF in mods 3-6. It's my understanding a lot of the powers were broken and knockdowns taken away at Mod6, if not before. I don't really know the changes that were made. Currently we only really use DS, HD and IBS. Occasionally BF. I like Flourish, but too slow. SureStrike and WMS/Threatening Rush are the only at-wills worth bothering with. 90% of GWFs are a flavor of High Crit Destroyer for good reason. The rest are PVP IV Destroyer players.

After reviving my GF recently, I realize how limited GWFs are in battle skills. My GF has 3 functional paths and many powers to choose from.

It's time for some of the other powers to be resurrected and knockdowns brought back.

I don't have stong opinions on what to do with the other two paths, they've been broken since I've been playing the class. But I'd love to be surprised at the possibilities.
    icyphish said:

i have beaten Brollax 3 out of 3 matches including him using both fighter ward rank 2 and fighter slayer rank 2. The secret of beating TR reducing the SE damage is a combination of high HP pool, high self regen, 5/5 Ubiquito Shield and TR Ward Rank2. If you use Valahha set that will be even more effective, but I went for Demo set for the kill.

Btw, I was abt 230k HP, if I use Valahha, it goes up to abt 240k HP

PS: TR's dmg is largely a multiplier with combat advantage, so reducing combat advantage's effectiveness can make a lot of diff.

As to HR, I can still beat 95%+ BIS ones, for the ones you know you cant kill due to not being able to out damage their self-heals (BiS heals about 20~30k HP per second), then you can always do hit and run tactic and that will make it hard for them to kill you either. A combat HR's biggest weakness is the speed, if you keep running in and out of PG's zone, it will be hard for them to land heavy hits at you. However , if you have a good DPS partner, you could finish them up pretty quickly.

I saw one of those fights and i noticed your HP going to something like 5% and then regen like crazy, for someone in a guild without HP boon there is no chance to make it through,