test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DPS Unite, Must be an easier way to get Legendary marks

Can developers please get the Superior mark of Uvar, Superior mark of Ild and the Superior mark of Stig available at the Wondrous Bar. Its taking me over 3 months and i still have not advanced My Weapon set to Legendary due to Bad teams, no Tanks or DC's or just no teams. Any other suggestions will be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    The marks I get are unbound, I use my support toon to get runs and pass the marks over to my dps toon, although this does cost me keys as I don't have the time to stack up free unlocks on my support toon, but that's my own time bound issue.

I have found it so difficult to get a run with my dps toon I gave up and took off all my frost resist gear and put back on my normal gear.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    sinn7777sinn7777 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    i have a dc and ill never unlock fbi/msva because simple fact its to time consuming for a support to unlock it. 2 ways to fix it remove requirements of the dg after a new mod comes out like u did in mod 5 with lost mouth/shores/ 2nd way to fix it is give support classes a free ride through the campaign. yea that sounds unfair but lets be honest how many people have dcs as a main or a gf/pally. if its less then 20% of ur community base that's a problem. give players a reason to make supports or remove requirements for supports to do the new content. lots of players have 4k alt dcs but wont put the effort into unlocking new content simple fact it just takes 2 long to do it. 3rd option give players the ability to buy it out of the zen market.
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing, I did two runs last night, 6 legendary keys yielded 3 marks, lets just cut through the crud and let me buy them for AD or Zen.

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    This makes sense you have to effectively Buy them anyhow by buying the Keys, so let us buy them even in the zen store if you must. Getting a group to run FBI etc is insanely difficult these days, I have just unlocked FBI for my GF now (damn that was painful) so I may start pugging with him to see how I get on from here!
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Players have to run the content for the ability to open the chests (2 can be opened multiple times daily by fishing and completing HE's) and or obtain LDK's from the Zen market, second they have to get into a group(s) that can clear the dungeons, this is where making and maintaining friends and being in an active Guild/Alliance comes in handy (also players of support classes can benefit from it by having available players to assist with campaign progression).

Encouraging players to run HE's for additional chances to open chests cycles players back into the available pool for HE farms, as an undertone it helps other players who have yet to restore their weapons obtain the parts they need while those in it simply for the reputation for chest opening get what they want as well, the ends justify the means.

Fishing gives players the chance at refinement (Brilliant Diamonds, Black Opals, etc.) for themselves or to sell, some may find fishing boring though the ends justify the means.
    sinn7777 said:

i have a dc and ill never unlock fbi/msva because simple fact its to time consuming for a support to unlock it.

2nd way to fix it is give support classes a free ride through the campaign.

Your Guild/Alliance "should" be assisting support classes in campaign progression...

Players that obtain LDK's instead of running the content are putting themselves into an often unpromising situation by buying into the "RNG". On this end running the content to open chests and not getting something wanted/sought doesn't "feel" as bad as getting LDK's and the same thing happening.
    mahburg said:

This makes sense you have to effectively Buy them anyhow by buying the Keys

False.

Some players don't want to run the content so they let their money/AD grant them additional chances to open chests then complain about the results when it's "RNG" no matter how it is approached.

ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    kydavi#1678 kydavi Member Posts: 68 Arc User

We have suggested every option. I made 2 posts asking for them to be made unbound. Others have suggested a vendor that trades blues and purples for oranges, while even another suggested putting the marks in lockboxes. I think the only "easy" option is to join a rank 20 max player PVE guild with a tank or a DC, buy a couple of stacks of Zen keys and farm the marks for your DPS on the support class with your guild/alliance.

I ended up doing pretty much that; got my tank MSVA ready and started farming marks for my dps character, but it shouldn't have to be that way, any character should be able to run the content, but the only players I know who have their relic set at legendary are all support, it is hard for any dps under 4k to get them.
    kydavi

Main: Nidara Devilspawn- Ranger
    Alt: Aradin Coldblood- Fighter
    Alt: Lucrezia Vileborn- Warlock
  • Options

Players have to run the content for the ability to open the chests (2 can be opened multiple times daily by fishing and completing HE's) and or obtain LDK's from the Zen market, second they have to get into a group(s) that can clear the dungeons, this is where making and maintaining friends and being in an active Guild/Alliance comes in handy (also players of support classes can benefit from it by having available players to assist with campaign progression).

Encouraging players to run HE's for additional chances to open chests cycles players back into the available pool for HE farms, as an undertone it helps other players who have yet to restore their weapons obtain the parts they need while those in it simply for the reputation for chest opening get what they want as well, the ends justify the means.

Fishing gives players the chance at refinement (Brilliant Diamonds, Black Opals, etc.) for themselves or to sell, some may find fishing boring though the ends justify the means.

sinn7777 said:

i have a dc and ill never unlock fbi/msva because simple fact its to time consuming for a support to unlock it.

2nd way to fix it is give support classes a free ride through the campaign.

Your Guild/Alliance "should" be assisting support classes in campaign progression...

Players that obtain LDK's instead of running the content are putting themselves into an often unpromising situation by buying into the "RNG". On this end running the content to open chests and not getting something wanted/sought doesn't "feel" as bad as getting LDK's and the same thing happening.
    mahburg said:

This makes sense you have to effectively Buy them anyhow by buying the Keys

False.

Some players don't want to run the content so they let their money/AD grant them additional chances to open chests then complain about the results when it's "RNG" no matter how it is approached.

Not at all False, just an opinion that differs from yours, no one is complaining about RNG it is what it is, however as with any lottery you have to enter to participate, if you cant get in because of the restrictions on group composition then it precludes the ability to participate with your main.

I will likely run my GF to ensure access however I am fortunate in the sense I have several characters, most players are not so lucky.
    My contention on making them available in the store (like superior marks) is therefore perfectly valid imho!
  • Options

I ended up doing pretty much that; got my tank MSVA ready and started farming marks for my dps character, but it shouldn't have to be that way, any character should be able to run the content, but the only players I know who have their relic set at legendary are all support, it is hard for any dps under 4k to get them.

If players have friends/a supporting Guild/Alliance being DPS matters very little if at all, on the other hand relying on getting a group via zone/lfg chat is something different though the former is a "less" restrictive alternative.

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

• Options
    mahburg said:

Not at all False, just an opinion that differs from yours, no one is complaining about RNG it is what it is, however as with any lottery you have to enter to participate, if you cant get in because of the restrictions on group composition then it precludes the ability to participate with your main.

I will likely run my GF to ensure access however I am fortunate in the sense I have several characters, most players are not so lucky.
    My contention on making them available in the store (like superior marks) is therefore perfectly valid imho!

It is false because buying keys is not required though you stated it was.

The marks being BtA allows players to run the content with a class that can more easily participate, if the marks were BtC a number of players would have far less of a chance at them.

There's no "luck" involved with having multiple characters. Players were given harder content they wanted and now some want a "buy out" option which would negate the content being harder/more rewarding for those that get through it in the first place. Players can't have it both ways (harder content and a "safety net" to buy marks if they grow tired of the grind).

• Options

mahburg said:

It is false because buying keys is not required though you stated it was.

The marks being BtA allows players to run the content with a class that can more easily participate, if the marks were BtC a number of players would have far less of a chance at them.

There's no "luck" involved with having multiple characters. Players were given harder content they wanted and now some want a "buy out" option which would negate the content being harder/more rewarding for those that get through it in the first place. Players can't have it both ways (harder content and a "safety net" to buy marks if they grow tired of the grind).
    Correction a "small Minority" wanted much tougher content (many of whom glitched their way through the same content), it was the same minority who whined about the Pally and had that nerfed even though it helped many players (some of whom themselves joined in the whining) once they got their gear, it was a classic example of pulling up the drawbridge imho.

River district has been dialed back compared to SOMI why exactly is that do you suppose?
    My Main soloed its way through SOMI without any problems (GWF) but cannot get into pug runs.

Our guild has had to work to get support characters up to assist in planning runs to correct these issues, which is fine for those in guilds, for indy players its almost hopeless and I would suggest the majority of players have elected to walk by this content, what is the point of creating such a scenario. I for one am so glad the mimic king is back (had my doubts initially), perhaps we will see an end to knee jerk reactions such as SOMI and Stronghold siege leaving only the "elitist" guilds with any hope of BIS gear!

I still contend that the Marks in the store would be a fair compromise for all players to get what they need (plus it would generate revenue for the company), otherwise why have Coal wards and Superior marks in the store at all, should they also not be only available through grinding end game content?

• Options
    Whomever wanted harder content no matter how many or how few are players right? Right.

Support classes are the backbone of Guilds and should be assisted whenever possible (daily quest, campaign progression, etc.) so if Guilds don't do that or become slack they are hurting themselves.

The higher ranks Guilds have done/are doing what they feel it takes to ensure they are in the best possible position, to most if not all the ends justify the means. Smaller/lower rank Guilds/Alliances have the same things ahead of them though it will take them longer.

Coalescent wards and Superior marks can be used for anything refinement based (enchantments, runestones, artifacts, artifact equipment), not just relic set items. The aforementioned items (not relic items) are MUCH more accessible to the player base as a whole, legendary marks are available to a MUCH lower amount of players. ALL players can't even get into groups so how would selling legendary marks help them.

Just because an idea is simply perceived to generate revenue doesn't mean it's a good idea. Coalescent wards/Superior marks will pretty much ALWAYS be useful to player base as a whole, legendary marks, not so much.

There's a difference between needing and wanting...

• Options
    I have actually just recently come to the conclusion that I am never going to get the marks I supposedly need for the relic weapons with the time and resources I have. After some 40 runs and 3 keys on every run, I have 4/4/11 of the orange marks leaving me with 41 marks to obtain. If they were 100% drop rate I might do the additional 16 runs but I am not going in there any more to RNG for these weapons. I am all set with that and spending zen on keys for this effort....

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    residentgearhedresidentgearhed Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    My point is mainly that the DPS have wait hours just to get into Assault on Svardborg. Then the group may stink. My guild chose to pass up on the Relic Weapons and go straight for the Mod 11 ones. A few run it but only a few. I finally have my Legendary Pact Blade but only 2 Superior Marks towards my Grimiore. I have already given up trying to get that. 13 Superior Marks I'll be waiting for months. Set bonus is good enough. Also I’m done with Fishing and Killing Turtles.
  • Options
    draco16#8040 draco16 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Make a tank and a DC and you will have plenty of access to Msva. You can also join an active guild that does the dungeon on a regular basis. I realize people like the glory of topping the leaderboards but if you want your marks play in the community by creating a DC or op to help get your marks. The key is to contribute and not just take or expect that others will do it for you. If you have a DC, gf or op and would like to be part of a guild the regularly runs Msva don't hesitate to contact me.
    The Draconic Brotherhood GH 20
    Escape the Ordinary GH 20

Lord Havok GWF
    Lady Icethorn CW
    Brother Heals DC
    Lord Bubble OP
    Sister Tetera GF
  • Options

Whomever wanted harder content no matter how many or how few are players right? Right.

Support classes are the backbone of Guilds and should be assisted whenever possible (daily quest, campaign progression, etc.) so if Guilds don't do that or become slack they are hurting themselves.

The higher ranks Guilds have done/are doing what they feel it takes to ensure they are in the best possible position, to most if not all the ends justify the means. Smaller/lower rank Guilds/Alliances have the same things ahead of them though it will take them longer.

Coalescent wards and Superior marks can be used for anything refinement based (enchantments, runestones, artifacts, artifact equipment), not just relic set items. The aforementioned items (not relic items) are MUCH more accessible to the player base as a whole, legendary marks are available to a MUCH lower amount of players. ALL players can't even get into groups so how would selling legendary marks help them.

Just because an idea is simply perceived to generate revenue doesn't mean it's a good idea. Coalescent wards/Superior marks will pretty much ALWAYS be useful to player base as a whole, legendary marks, not so much.

There's a difference between needing and wanting...

Look anyone who has run Fangbreaker knows you pretty much need a party with a ton of scrolls of life, you don't get those for free either do you? therefore you are paying for this content one way or another. Therefore why not accept the reality of this situation and just put them in the store as well?

Currently the achievement for FBI shows 0.16 percent of the playerbase have it, that screams an issue right there IMHO!
    Given the fact that it is a critical gateway exercise for that gear one would expect it to be higher no?
    What makes it worse is how many of those obtained the achievement (especially the vocal minority I mentioned earlier).

• Options

I have actually just recently come to the conclusion that I am never going to get the marks I supposedly need for the relic weapons with the time and resources I have. After some 40 runs and 3 keys on every run, I have 4/4/11 of the orange marks leaving me with 41 marks to obtain. If they were 100% drop rate I might do the additional 16 runs but I am not going in there any more to RNG for these weapons. I am all set with that and spending zen on keys for this effort....

Exactly the point and you are in the small minority that has passed the FBI gateway and you are giving up, this clearly needs addressing.
  • Options
    moogie101#4741 moogie101 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    mahburg said:

Exactly the point and you are in the small minority that has passed the FBI gateway and you are giving up, this clearly needs addressing.
    I've got all the Boons & achievements from SOMI & now am reluctant to go back there. Got both weapons levelled up fully apart from needing a couple of marks to get them to Legendary but can't see me running MSVA for them when I can focus on MOD 11 as the weapons there are equally as strong & FAR easier to upgrade to legendary.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    mahburg said:

This kinda says it all, it was a really dumb decision to use those marks, and only made to try and force people to buy the LDkeys, and it failed miserably.

Sure there are some players that bought hundreds of LDkeys for the marks, but an enormous amount of players that just didn't bother, which is due to the terrible design fault that is the Relic weapons.

Maybe change the weapons to be able to use regular marks or the MSvA marks, but with the MSvA marks you get a guaranteed success, like if you used a Coalescent ward when upgrading.

It wouldn't be anywhere near the cost that some already have paid, but I still think they should do something to make the Relic Weapons more accessible.

I'm still going SH 2.0 weapond for the characters I play more, but that's not an option for everyone.

And as for the M11 weapons, the DPS versions are kinda underpowered imho, for requiring so much grinding...
  • Options
    kydavi#1678 kydavi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Sentiments here seem to be echoing my current view of the Superior Mark grind; got one weapon on my main up to legendary and have now essentially given up on my off hand, 5 IL is not worth the effort. As for my alts, my tank has the relic set, but I'm going to get the lifeforged set from Mod 11 and use the relic weapons to feed them, as I will never get the 30 marks I would need to get them up to orange.

Looking at how this was botched, its clear that even the developers realized that they screwed up, why else would they drop more weapons in the very next Mod unless they know that most people hated the previous set. Its the same story with the relic armor; supposedly BiS, except that the grind turned most people off to it. Lots of people have the boots, cuz they are easy to farm and restore, but hardly anyone I run with uses any of the other set pieces. Too hard to acquire, to grind-y to restore, the set bonus is dirt, and they aren't much (or really at all) better than many of the other armor pieces in the game.

Mod 10 had some good stuff in it; much needed class rebalance, 4 adventure zones, two raids, lots of new gear, and even a fairly enjoyable story, but they screwed up some other elements badly (everfrost resistance, gear grind, and key change in particular).

I remember when I though the grind for the twisted ichor was painful, 20-40 gold/silver edemo runs, but that is downright pleasant compared to the 90+ and counting runs I have put into msva
    kydavi

Main: Nidara Devilspawn- Ranger
    Alt: Aradin Coldblood- Fighter
    Alt: Lucrezia Vileborn- Warlock
  • Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    The main problem with a lot of the content is you need classes to run it that don't need the content. You need DCs to run MSVA and they don't need it, they get asked to run so often they're always out of keys. They don't need the marks, probably don't need the rings either.

On the other hand you have groups of 5 clerics running Nostura over and over for the dust and nobody can get a cleric as they're all trying to get their weapons in the river district.
  • Options
    Yeah, my pally and 4 clerics, all day long, running for fey dust in the river district...at least we were sure no one would die lol...

I unlocked the 100% on the campaign, have my banner achievement, and I am never going back there. Bring on the new stuff - SKT does not exist to me any more.

In a couple days I will trade my purple relics in on the aboleth weapons to ensure there are no more memories of this grind, I even used the 120+ purple and blue marks (and my small stash of orange) I had from the quest for orange marks as refinement this past x2 RP.

Casual Dailies