test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The option to invite to Queue has disappeared from the contextual menu.

tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
edited November 2016 in Bug Reports (PC)
Not much more to say, no one I'm talking with is able to set up a queue, don't even have the option to.

Am I missing a twitter post reporting this issue or something of the like? Because not being able to set up queues appears the kind of thing that would make many come to the forums.
The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?

Comments

• donnythdonnyth Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    same here
    Secrets of the Ring ID: nw-dt25qalqy
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    It only works when you are in the same instance, though you do not require line of sight.

I'm also a little surprised there aren't more complaints about this specifically, but I think more people are likely checking out the new zone than trying to queue for old stuff for the time being.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    i can´t get invites and can´t invite anyone.

i can´t get invites and can´t invite anyone.

For alliance runs, the best workaround is probably to meet up in someone's stronghold.

For other groups, maybe someplace fairly deserted like IWD to try to all get in the same instance.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    I havent even tried to do a dungeon or skirmish yet. However this is a major pain to try and put anything together.
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    Invite premade team to party first for a 5-man dungeon. On queue page, wait for your team member's name to be listed into "invite queue section", select "All" instead of "+" sign on your team member.

For 25-man raids, it'll be similar except that you have to kick party members out after you added them into queue.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    This would seem to be quite a problem once people have the new trial opened up and trying to run it???
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    I agree with all the comments above.
    Not only the right-clicking option for inviting to queue has disappeared, but also the invite to group fails very often.
    And it is really annoying to type directly the names in the queue page: how can we do if the alphabet is different ?
    Besides, I have "invited" by error some people in my queue because they were in my "normal" group before.

You need to restore the right-click option.
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    As other people have stated above, I'm working around it by inviting the queue group from the party.

It is a bit of a hassle but at least it isn't completely broken.
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Or you can type in names to the queue box like some sort of savage. I prefer that way since I don't have to invite 2x.
  • Rumor has it this is now on PS4 as well, do we know if this is a bug or a new "feature"?
  • devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User

Rumor has it this is now on PS4 as well, do we know if this is a bug or a new "feature"?

It is on PS4, but I would have to think it is a bug. I can't think of even a convoluted reason why this would be an intended feature.
  • I'm a software developer and I have no idea how they would have caused this or why they would release a known bug on another platform a week after it was discovered on PC. Anyone know if the preview shard also had this bug and if it was reported?

I'm a software developer and I have no idea how they would have caused this or why they would release a known bug on another platform a week after it was discovered on PC. Anyone know if the preview shard also had this bug and if it was reported?

Relatively few people would have been running queued content in the final SoMI build prior to release, if anyone. There isn't a whole lot of incentive to waste time running stuff on preview beyond the initial "check it out" phase for anything new. All it does is take gaming time from your live progression.

The console patch is some features and fixes from SoMI, and would have been submitted to Microsoft and Sony for approval at some point prior to SoMI's PC launch.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited November 2016
    How can this not even be addressed yet(as in no word from devs on why it was taken away...I see it is now on xbox and ps4 now too)? @mimicking#6533 @strumslinger
    empalas said:

How can this not even be addressed yet(as in no word from devs on why it was taken away...I see it is now on xbox and ps4 now too)? @mimicking#6533 @strumslinger

Because a bug that causes queues to be even more unsavoury and unpalatable to organize [ Ability to move people around to set up proper buffing parties, anyone? ] is a much less urgent matter than that terrible chest-preview bug.

empalas said:

Because a bug that causes queues to be even more unsavoury and unpalatable to organize [ Ability to move people around to set up proper buffing parties, anyone? ] is a much less urgent matter than that terrible chest-preview bug.
    And still never addressed...would seem to be pretty simple to add back...unless they don't really want people to make pre-made queues...that's the only explanation at this point that holds any weight
    I've the option appearing randomly at times when I click on someone's name. What in the Emperor's name are the developers doing to the four poor lines of code?
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    I guess they are implementing a fix, like they did with loadouts.
    You can be in 2 fixed queue groups, to be added to another queue group you have to unlock another queue group via the Z store
    :wink::D
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    It's always worked if you are in the same instance, outside of that though the option isn't there.