test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

China Lockbox Odds

masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
China was forcing all video games to reveal lockbox odds on May 1st. Anyone know where the results are?

Comments

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    masteroga said:

China was forcing all video games to reveal lockbox odds on May 1st. Anyone know where the results are?

Yeah PWE China chose to close down the Chinese version of the game before the deadline :)

Which isn't to say that's the reason they closed it down (it maybe have been struggling for unrelated reasons), but it's hard not to think that the odds publishing requirement may have nudged them along in that decision.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    dupeks said:

masteroga said:

Yeah PWE China chose to close down the Chinese version of the game before the deadline :)

Which isn't to say that's the reason they closed it down (it maybe have been struggling for unrelated reasons), but it's hard not to think that the odds publishing requirement may have nudged them along in that decision.
    That totally doesn't reek of fishy smells........
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Did they close their Chinese Xbox NWO server as well?
    Iirc, that is separated from the other Xbox server.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    that seem as "favorism" for thier own people/local server to gain the edge. it make them (PWE) cheating other folks across the globe, it made RNG rigged,
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    The console versions are still up. Website: http://nw.mytvgame.com/

Also Perfect World has released odds for othergames like Dota 2: http://www.dota2.com.cn/article/details/20170502/194771.html​​
    Post edited by loboguild on
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    God. I tried to get an account at wanmei, but it's pretty much not possible for Western folks. Thought you might need to register to see all news, but can't check that. Anyone from Asia by chance and has an account there / can create one and check? ;)​​
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Cryptic does not maintain the game in China. I believe that's all handled by Perfect World Beijing, so it is extremely likely that their odds may be different. Also, last I heard, they were several modules behind us (last I heard they were still on mod 5, but that was like a year or so ago). They may not even have the same lockboxes as we do.

Edit: I browsed their website for Neverwinter today (Thank you, Google translate). It does appear that they never advanced past Module 5, as Tyranny of Dragons was the most current module mentioned. So even looking at their odds, it won't be for any current lockbox.

They never got Mod 6? The lucky buggers.....
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    lol, seem they knew mod 6 was bad,