test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamonds?

edge2500edge2500 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
Astral Diamonds (AD Not Rough-AD) Should be an account currency, like Zen. That is all. And yes, I know, there are ways to transfer but it's just an unnecessary step.

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    They cant do it. It would create problems.

For example, how would you deal with the hard cap on refined AD allowed per character? If you increase that limit, to account for multiple characters on an account. You effectively raise the hard cap on the auction house. This can lead to inflation, as well as allowing gold sellers to move more product easier.

Conversely, if you keep the AD cap limited to what is now a per character limit, to a per account limit. How would you deal with accounts that have multiple characters who might have more combined AD than any one single character can currently hold?

Put simply, there are bigger issues at work here.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    Zen is not a Neverwinter only currency. AD is a Neverwinter only currency.
    Zen can be used in other game. That is why Zen is kind of outside of the game (Neverwinter).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • edge2500edge2500 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    But...You can already transfer your AD between all of your characters anyhow...Rough AD cap per character can still be kept as is, just make AD an account currency, like it technically already is--- but without the added superficial steps... ;)
    edge2500 said:

But...You can already transfer your AD between all of your characters anyhow...Rough AD cap per character can still be kept as is, just make AD an account currency, like it technically already is--- but without the added superficial steps... ;)

Experience player does not care because they don't gather AD everyday, probably, not even every month. I don't recall when the last time I did that. May be 2 years ago.
    Most new players do not know to care because they start with 2 characters and do not have too much AD.
    When new players become experience players, they also won't care anymore.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edge2500 said:

Yes, you can already transfer. but that does not change the hard cap. No character can have more then 100 million refined AD on them. It is a hard limit, the game wont let you exceed it. And you cant just get rid of that limit, because that limits the auction house. There is no point in listing any item beyond 100 million, because no one character can carry more, and therefore bid more, then that limit.

So, once again, if you allow people to combine ALL their AD into a single pool, how do you deal with that limit? Because changing it WILL effect the game.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    There are ppl with 100 kk AD on multiple chars. Not me, but some. What should they do? Transfer it to Zen?
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    edited May 2017

Yeah, that could present a problem so I see what you mean...But, it still seems like hurting the many to pander the few.
    edge2500 said:

Yeah, that could present a problem so I see what you mean...But, it still seems like hurting the many to pander the few.

I don't see who else is hurting. Nobody complained anything about that until now.
    It's just a matter of convenience. No one is literally hurting :smiley:. Also, just because no one complains does not mean there's no issue. Some people just don't get on forums and post. But It's not a big deal, just a simple suggestion to the devs.