test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

4 years? Already?

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
edited May 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
I just realized it's a little over 4 years since I started playing the game - April 30th 2013 was the first day of open beta. Sure, there were other players that started earlier - if I remember correctly, those who bought a particular starter pack got a 5-day head start, and there were some players who got in even earlier - I think there were some closed beta weekends before that.

Are any of those oldtimers still around ? Caturday Survivors...you know who you are.
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I started a month later, early June. A friend, who introduced me to the game on Caturday weekend when the servers came back, still plays from time to time.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2017
    adinosii said:

I just realized it's a little over 4 years since I started playing the game - April 30th 2013 was the first day of open beta. Sure, there were other players that started earlier - if I remember correctly, those who bought a particular starter pack got a 5-day head start, and there were some players who got in even earlier - I think there were some closed beta weekends before that.

Are any of those oldtimers still around ? Caturday Survivors...you know who you are.

I started back in Alpha, I am still around. My first Alpha test was October 30th, 2012. :)

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    I've started a week or so after the cat-astrophe, so no cool cape for me :/
  • mistranmistran Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    still around witha caturdaycloak, one of my guildies used a caturday cloak as a transmute :D
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Started just after Caturday...was an "oldtimer" long before NW came out lol
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I created my wizard on April 30th 2013, but I tested the CW class and DC class on week-end beta3 to choose the class of my first character. I think the week-end beta3 was on March 22th 2013. I used my Caturday cloak to transmute the old Black ice cloak. I used the black ice cloak to refine my Lostmauth's Hoard Necklace. It was a hard decision. It's sad to lose a good transmute for refinement reason.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    I started 3 months AC (after Caturday).
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I survived Caturday.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    I was around.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    February 16, 2013 was when I first login during the closed beta. I was playing Perfect World and got a promotional mail to come test this game. Our chars from back then got erased but even the game was a bit different too, still remember the queue time to login :P

Made my 1st char at May 12th and our guild was formed May 30th and we exist since then. Wow 4 years...

A small trip down to history

The original Battle of the bridge skirmish (Hint: you can see this in IG skirmish too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnCF5yNVxhI

This is the neverwinter we "fell in love" (back in 2013)

WARNING: Memories for the following video can make you hate current CN :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfW5wl0xRTM

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    ohhhh Azharzel the dracolich is a boss orcus drufi nostura kabal anything are cats.
    BACK in time the bosses and the mobs were on the right difficulty for the player.
    AFter mod 3 started the move without logic while we got more power the dungeons got nerf.
    AND cryptic keep doing it give us more powerfull items and the difficulty is 3 years old kids.
    ALSo i remember parties to worry about how to do a dungeon not : how to do 15m intomitable or 10m ice knife.

BRing back the teamplay positioning etc i mean not like now press 2 buttons.

THOSE are real game problems and not why " my bonding give lesser points to my item level"
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    I've been here since closed beta.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    My DC that I no longer play on has Caturday Cloak and title.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Now I feel like a latecomer, arrived in early mod2.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    there is a /played command that will show you how many total hours you played of you life in game post your results guys
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Caturday survivor here. I started maybe a month before that happened (long ago, memory hazy).
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    I started playing the first weekend of open beta and still get excited to play.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2017
    zebular said:

I started back in Alpha, I am still around. My first Alpha test was October 30th, 2012. :)

I have been here since Alpha as well. I was actually here before the first forum revamp which is why my name is Ambisinisterr instead of Ambisinister. When the forum was revamped everybody had to re-register and the old names were reserved and I found it easier to add an r instead of getting my old name back.

Here's an example of the posts before posts. I wasn't involved in this thread but...honestly...after all these years I honestly don't remember what I did post before the revamp and probably couldn't find one of mine if I tried.

• stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    I started in beta though I was around when the forums started. Veteran of Caturday and many forum wars, I put the game aside for a couple years due to a industry job and some personal things, but I have been playing Pseudo regularly when I'm not playing ESO.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Joined June 2013 (shortly after launch). But I took a few breaks from the game, including during the time of the fabled Caturday weekend.

Got back into things in 2016 and have been pretty regular since. It's a different game now than it once was though...
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I remember Open Beta day, having a "You are waiting in queue: 13k" message on-screen for a few moments. Caturday cloaks on two characters. Valindra's Invasion gave me a Skeletal Dog. Also still the owner of a Cloak of Lesser Etherealness. Ah, memories...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • auntjimimaauntjimima Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    I arrived at start of hr release. Still rocking 1 main hr. Leveled 2 alts to 60 for more refinement / sigils. But I don't even touch them any more... Except on winter festival.
  • auntjimimaauntjimima Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Least ethereal mess cloak is BA. ^^ I use in PvP sometimes lols.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I remember the first Summer Festival.. and how I deleted my first character that may have had the caturday cloak, a DC with totally screwed up stat rolls. We didn't have race reroll back then and I opted to roll a Drow when the race came out instead of the Sun Elf I had created and didn't want to buy another character slot for an alt. Not long after sharandar came out I hit level 60 and the rest is history. :) My husband still plays his first character too.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    I did closed beta but under a different handle. A week before Caturday I had decided NWO was going to be my new jam and started a new account with my real life email, started my GF and then had to hit the road for work. I was gone on a buisness trip when Cat-pocalypse happened so was not logged in during that time. no caturday cloak for me :(

BUT... NWO is still my main game on PC, during Elemental Evil and SKT I did spend a large amount of time in GW2 but if things continue like they have under Foss NWO will continue to be the thing I look forward to doing every day when im home from work.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I came just before mod 6. No good times to be nostalgic about.
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I started in closed beta. Can't believe it's been that long. I wish I still had my Caturday cloak...used that on one of those CN purple necklace drops (BiS at the time, no artifact eq :neutral: )

Ha! I still have my ethereal cloak on my main CW. More of a collectable than of any practical use.

Cheers, it's been a long and interesting road.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    I have the Caturday Cloak sitting in the bank.
    No idea why.

I guess it's one of the many inventory hogs. ++cryptic! Good job!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!