test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shroud of Souls Bugs & Issues

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone! The team is following up on both technical issues (crashes), performance of features (loadouts, lag during siege event), and basic gameplay issues (buying in bulk, explorers boon, etc). I have also passed on the feedback on the profanity filter and they are exploring alternatives to accommodate player feedback. There's additional isolated cases and reports that are also being included but prioritization will likely be given to issues impacting a larger portion of the players and those making the game unplayable.

The team is in the investigative stage, attempting to repro or document the issue internally. I don't know what issues can be resolved without requiring a new build at this point but as soon as I hear more, I will let you all know.
  • crystah#0734 crystah Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    ixanatar said:

So I play every day, and didn't have this issue any day ever, except for today, after the update.

Tonight, I was able to log into the game after today's update, complete with the new graphics defaults. The content was pretty, but unplayable as usual under those settings, so I started minimizing them back to what I consider "normal"
    and run all the time.
    I think it was these minimizations that immediately crashed the game. Since then, I have spent the last hour at least, messing around to try and get back in, including signing on for a session with your live-chat, and while they were very nice, they couldn't help beyond filing a ticket.

I can login as far as the character screen, and any attempt to get into options from there then black-screens the program (not the computer). Not very impressed right now! Effectively, I've bricked the program by minimizing some (not all) of the graphics settings, and the error code suggests something is missing. I know some graphics settings were removed during this update: was something "necessary" removed?

Error code is as follows: "Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query. Reason: 0x887a0006 (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG).

My computer is working fine aside from this Neverwinter problem.

I am having the exact same issue. Nothing wrong with my computer it worked just fine before the update. I can log in and play but not for very long and I'm back to a black screen and a fatal crash to desktop.

I hope this is fixed soon.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @nitocris83 blue insignias can't be donated as Gems to the SH coffer anymore.
  • baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    BUG:

As I progress through a fight, the area immediately around my character occasionally gets blurred and out of focus. It appears to happen most often when transcedant negation proc's and I scored a critical hit using the trans vorpa on the weapon. Gwf for reference.

The effect is like you are looking through glasses with the wrong prescription, or like your eyes are watering bad and cannot focus.

Again it is just the area around the character.

ADDITIONAL NOTE:

Once the bug happens, the blurred area seems to grow. It dissipates quickly once the fight is over, but I shudder to think what would happen on a extended fight like Tiamat or the Nothic Stone-gazer in Master Spellplague. Evidence shows that nthat bluured area may fill up the screen.

• shanefrazier93shanefrazier93 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I cannot believe this hasn't been brought up yet.

Why in the world, why on God's green earth, would you restrict the use of the letters "com"?

I understand you're trying to cut down on gold spammers, but this is an absolutely terrible way to go about it.

I just tried to send a GM help ticket because I couldn't complete a quest, and it was unable to send because it "contains profanity." After a lot of hair-pulling, I realized it's because this asinine system picked up the word "complete" as containing the letters "com".

So I just decided to send you another help ticket about how I can't "cumplete" a help ticket, and THAT was NOT censored.

Maybe that'll drive the point home, though.
  • mayathesoftmayathesoft Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    we are 4 dc here (Europe) who have seen their powers & feats reset, and also impossible for me to buy more than 1 profession ressource at at time, the problems have been reported to the french forum.
  • yashmak#1787 yashmak Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Did anyone already pointed up the bug about the new IL system? Whenever I inspect a player the Item Level I see is different from the one he sees in his Character Sheet for about 1500-2000 points.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @baeyorn said:
    > BUG:
    >
    > As I progress through a fight, the area immediately around my character occasionally gets blurred and out of focus. It appears to happen most often when transcedant negation proc's and I scored a critical hit using the trans vorpa on the weapon. Gwf for reference.
    > .

Same thing was happening to my GWF, especially with WMS. I found a setting that seema to fix it. If you find the tab that has Post Processing on it, under that setting ia a slider and under slider is another setting. The tooltip doesn't really explain what it does, just that disabling improves performance. I disabled that and it removed the blurring and also an issue with gray squares on my screen while moving rapidly.

I still have an issue where gateway portals (dig site holes, Biggrins Tomb) have 'snow' visual static on them.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Did anyone already pointed up the bug about the new IL system? Whenever I inspect a player the Item Level I see is different from the one he sees in his Character Sheet for about 1500-2000 points.

You apparently don't see their item level from guild boons unless you are in the same instance.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • duurduur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User

@nitocris83 More info about unexpected resets here. Follow-up question, do people experiencing the problem remember if they were sitting on a free respec on affected characters?

I'm not 100% sure now, but I think I had a free respec leftover from the Anointed Army nerf.
    I was sitting on a free respec. And my DC was reset when I did a map transfer and some of my other chararcters have one too... and I don't have their build documented... so I don't dare to play them :(
    Play for fun, Work to get rich, These two are not compatible!
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

Hi everyone! The team is following up on both technical issues (crashes), performance of features (loadouts, lag during siege event), and basic gameplay issues (buying in bulk, explorers boon, etc). I have also passed on the feedback on the profanity filter and they are exploring alternatives to accommodate player feedback. There's additional isolated cases and reports that are also being included but prioritization will likely be given to issues impacting a larger portion of the players and those making the game unplayable.

The team is in the investigative stage, attempting to repro or document the issue internally. I don't know what issues can be resolved without requiring a new build at this point but as soon as I hear more, I will let you all know.

Day 3 of not being able to play. Looks like the patch did nothing for my problem. By new build you mean like when? Next Thursday's patch before I can try again to play? I'll keep an ear out! Thank you for everything Julia you're doing a great job keeping us in the loop.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    BUG REPORT: Unable to buy more than 1 (one) resource at a time, just like on Neverwinter Preview. It's time to reset the professions vendor to sell 100 at a time. One at a time is useless, time consuming busywork.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Go back to 100 at a time purchases inmediatamente!
  • lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    Since the update, when quing for pvp, i am no longer asked if i want to join, when a round pops, instead it instantly loads up the pvp.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Go back to 100 at a time purchases inmediatamente!

Should be patched today.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    haha last night i've notice that even some itens names are being changed by profanity filter, like

"necklace or loyal $(&panion"

that is really weird, plus is funny to see people trying to agree in a gold run on ilusionst gambit skirmish now :expressionless:
  • lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Also that bug is back again, at least every second try i try to put something into the AH:

[6:21] [Error] Unable to post your items for sale. Items placed back into your inventory

[6:21] [Error] Unable to post your items for sale. Items placed back into your inventory

[6:21] [System Notify] Items were successfully posted for sale.

[6:22] [Error] Unable to post your items for sale. Items placed back into your inventory

[6:22] [Error] Unable to post your items for sale. Items placed back into your inventory

[6:22] [System Notify] Items were successfully posted for sale.

[6:22] [System Notify] Items were successfully posted for sale.

so year, 11 trys to get 3 items into the AH...

Post edited by lonewolfmk1 on
  • vernando122vernando122 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I still keep getting the Fatal error after may 5th patch, this makes the game unplayable to me since SOS dropped on may 2nd.
  • qantaqa#7374 qantaqa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    BUG REPORT: in relation with censoring. NW also censors the field website of the guild information tab. How are we supposed to enter a website in the field URL website, when we cant use an .com extension?

Right now our guild website can not be reached from within the game, as is has an .#$( extension.

Also in relation with others above. We cannot tell our queue group for dragonflight to dismiss the companions at black and blue dragon.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

Also in relation with others above. We cannot tell our queue group for dragonflight to dismiss the companions at black and blue dragon.

You could call them Pets instead for the time being? I realize it's silly.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Since Shard of Night went live i started getting stuck on almost every loading, it became annoying since i had to restart the game at least 10 times during 1 hour. Loading was longer as well.
    I decided to delete the game and re-download it again, since i didnt know what was broken which caused the stuck issue while loading. After reinstalling the loading stuck issue was fixed but new issue popped out.

It seems like the limit for Lowest possible settings has been raised and i cant reduce it to what it was before reinstallation even tho the settings are the same. Sure, the game looks better and all but the movement speed is much slower than it was. Mouse pointer moves slower, turning camera around my character is slower, combat animations are slower. I would rather have game which looks worse but playable than good looking game which is not playable.

I know my PC is weak and barely handling NW, cant change that atm. Is there a way to set Graphic settings to lower than the in-game options offer?
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Since the start of Shroud Of Souls the Master Spellplague Caverns are lagging like hell. It is unplayable.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Zarifrax's Coffer went directly to overflow spot, despite plenty of space,
    and would not allow me to move it. (Haven't rebooted, but even if the
    issue resolves itself, this is a bug.)

Update: Item REQUIRED that it go in the first bag. So I had to delete an item.
    Attempting to move it in either way to another bag if your first bag is
    full results in the usual Bag Full error message.

photo ZarifraxsCoffer_zpszcty3ayg.jpg
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • zeppelin#6461 zeppelin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I cant play since this mod came up. crashing with "out of memory" error and "error device removed". Im seeing that everyone that is having this problem and put their video card have intel graphics , same me: i3-370m integrated intel graphics. Could be a thing with Intel ? Never had a crash problem in the two years that im playing this game, until this mod.
  • zelfironzelfiron Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Ok so my issue... Ever since new mod I have been unable to play! I log in (Which always takes me forever because of some issue I cant figure out to this day*) and if Im lucky enough I get the EU2 Proxy server, My characters screen shows up I choose my character and the game starts to load the map.... Screen goes black then game crashes. No game time for me. Then I get the Direct3D Error (but my directx is up to date) Talm bout im out of memory or "x is missing" I wanna play honestly but if its a case where im gonna have to change my system at the moment, its not gonna happen :/ any who...

* Unable to log in consistently. I will launch the game from ARC and this little box pops up saying its connecting to server or some HAMSTER I typically have to try and launch the gamearound 5 time before the launcher pops up. When it DOES come up I have another hurdle. I have to keep spamming the wrong password multiple times (sometimes up to half an hour) before i get the Invalid Username Password nessage to know that ive made a link to server only then can I put in the password and log in. And then to make it worse when that happens and I do connect I get ANOTHER error message/ (Unable to establish connection" or whatever. I have to click spam the play button before it says connection successful and only then will the game finally start! (Spent at least 2 hours just from launching ARC to actually logging in one day <.< not good. ANYWAY! When the bloody game does start I always have to log in yet again when its fully loaded because for some reason I can never connect on the first try. But wait theres more! When I do start the game and I have to use the proxy for some reason it doesnt work without it, I HAVE to get EU2 or else I have to repeat the entire process again! Now this has been going on for some time Ive complained about the login issue before but now I just cant be assed anymore. If I cant log in I might as well just get rid of the game yeah??? Help would be nice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Zelfiron: Control Wizard
    Siana: Trickster Rogue
    Andromeda: Devoted Cleric
    Death Strike: Guardian Fighter
    Blind Fury: Great Weapon Fighter
    Phantom Reaper: Hunter Ranger (To be Changed to Huntress when I figure out how to)
    Helena: Oathbound Paladin
    Bad Juju: Scourge Warlock
  • d3drkshadowd3drkshadow Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Been having a graphical glitch with weapon master strike since 11b did the drinking buddy with sgt. knox then the tanked title
    went to fight the wraiths and that's when it started happening everywhere I use WMS now. Weapon master strike is pulling a different textures in its strike area. Tried changing all kinds of graphics settings. never seen anything like it before. screenshot below

wms error
    Post edited by d3drkshadow on