test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

VIP & auction house keybinding no longer working?

cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
before today, I had both VIP window and auction house custom bound to my choice. now neither works. is this by design, or something that is not working as intended? I tried rebinding them, but it still doesn't work.

anyone know what's wrong?
Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1230100/unknown-command-genaddwindow

It's this, which @terramak never followed up with us on. Maybe it was removed intentionally. (*$^%&#!!)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    but wouldn't that have affected me before today? it was all working perfectly fine up until logging back in after maintenance.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

but wouldn't that have affected me before today? it was all working perfectly fine up until logging back in after maintenance.

The link Becky provided is for Preview server. So, no, you were not affected until after the update today.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    oh yeah, didn't spot that.

well that's an utter ballache, it's been that long since I opened the VIP window manually I forgot how to do it.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    LOL no more using this to exploit in PVP : D and create tons of target dummie Mailboxes and such ...
    I don't pvp so I wasn't exploiting anyway
    There is a world of difference between "disable VIP summons in PvP" and "nuke all commands from orbit", I think.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    /gensendmessage Vipaction_Root 1
    /gensendmessage Statusself_Vip activate

/gensendmessage Auction_Root 1
    /gensendmessage Menubar_Auctionbutton activate​​
  • hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    Thank you!

Hero of Neverwinter award to you.
  • limecrime#5773 limecrime Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Anybody knows how to return hud_traybox_allpowers panel?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone! I circled back with the very busy and tired @terramak (needs more tea) and the command was removed intentionally. Having said that, we would love to hear feedback on how/why players were using this command, what exact windows players wanted open, and go from there to implement different approaches.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    I used it as a hotkey for AH and it was very helpful. Sad to see it go.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

edited May 2017
    nitocris83 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I circled back with the very busy and tired @terramak (needs more tea) and the command was removed intentionally. Having said that, we would love to hear feedback on how/why players were using this command, what exact windows players wanted open, and go from there to implement different approaches.

I assume if you wanted to state a reason you would have, but I'm asking anyway: ?

No offense, but for players it's painfully slow until requests get filled and those commands actually were a nice toolset to get stuff done yourself without waiting for months. I guess in the end exploits once again ate something useful here. It's a pity.​​
    shiani1 wrote: »
    I used it as a hotkey for AH and it was very helpful. Sad to see it go.

./gensendmessage auction_root 1
    ./gensendmessage menubar_auctionbutton activate​​
    edited May 2017
    From what I'm hearing, the most-missed use that there is no workaround for is showallpowers. I didn't use it, so I'm not sure on the naming. The one that added a tray of teensy icons you could drag from to swap powers instead of needing to open the sheet. (And loadouts is not the answer because only swapping powers doesn't require a campfire.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I use alias commands in a file and then bound them to keys. That still seems to work fine for me for the VIP stuff anyways.

alias ah "genaddwindow auction_root"
    alias defeat "gensendmessage Stuck_Defeatme activate"
    alias killme "gensendmessage Stuck_Defeatme activate"
    alias bank "gensendmessage Vipaction_Bankvendor activate"
    alias shop "gensendmessage Vipaction_Professionvendor activate"
    alias tp "gensendmessage Vipaction_Overworldmapteleport activate"
    alias salvage "gensendmessage Vipaction_Salvager activate"
    alias anvil "gensendmessage Vipaction_Salvager activate"
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited May 2017

we used it for creating shortcuts to windows that cryptic doesn't allow us to make shortcuts to in the options section because they don't think of everything, and players often find workflows that are just nicer for them and getting a shortcut added for 1 person asking is impossible. Even asking for a new option to be added that a ton of people want is shouting into the void, plus, cryptic can't even get all their own short cuts working (looking at you short cut to open mounts tab). So we make our own. It is bloody stupid to eliminate everything and then ask what should be added back. but that is the cryptic way of solving problems, except they take 2 years to add stuff back and then expect to be congratulated for it.

Yes, i am bitter, no, it is not your fault nitocris, but no matter how friendly the faces and words of cryptic staff are you guys have serious problems when you nuke first, and leave the rubble for us to deal with.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    I mainly used the AH and VIP ones, at least I'm able to swap to the other commands. Many in my guild used the power tray as they swap powers frequently - so having a way to resummon that would be helpful.

Also - whilst we are on the wish list of commands - can we PLEASE have a way to open the Boons screen directly using a keybind. Every other screen has one and Boons is the one we need due to SH boons ca be adjusted.

the windows I want the ability to create a key shortcut for are:

@cerberusxll the shortcuts for AH / VIP have been reposted multiple times now in this very thread. There's no point wanting genaddwindow back for them.
    yeah I know, I saw them, but it doesn't work for me when applying them to a key macro.

the only way I can get it to work, is manually copying and pasting the command into the chat box every time I want to open the required window, which is counter-intuitive to how I want it to function.

if I try to add it to a specific key, it causes lots of different windows to open, which is not what I want to happen, so as it is now, none of the suggestions posted here work for me.
  • ii019ii019 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    What I sorely miss right now is /genaddwindow hud_traybox_allpowers.

In some situations switching one or more encounters during same fight is right thing to do. If I am in Tiamat with CW for example I will want to use Steal Time in clerics phase but Ray of Enfeeblement instead in heads phase. With this command disabled, I must open powers window, scroll down to desired spell and replace it. And usually I have couple of angry devils at my back wanting nothing more then to murder my squishy robe-wearing toon.

Genaddwindow is, well was very useful command and I trust you had good reasons if you decided to remove it but please give us something that can allow changing powers easier. You could let us call that same power bar with some other command or create some similar bar that can be part of UI, with players being able to hide it if they don't want it. Or alternative layout of powers window player can switch to, one that could allow slotting powers to specific slot with single click. Or completely new console command (for example /switchpower powername slot) we could bind.

I hope you will consider this and implement something soon. I am certain many players would greatly appreciate it. I definately would.
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User

yeah I know, I saw them, but it doesn't work for me when applying them to a key macro.

the only way I can get it to work, is manually copying and pasting the command into the chat box every time I want to open the required window, which is counter-intuitive to how I want it to function.

if I try to add it to a specific key, it causes lots of different windows to open, which is not what I want to happen, so as it is now, none of the suggestions posted here work for me.

How exactly are you making the keybind?
    As an example, the command to make a keybind for F12 to open the AH is:
    /bind F12 gensendmessage Auction_Root 1
    or
    /bind F12 gensendmessage Menubar_Auctionbutton activate​​

If binding one of those commands is opening more than one window, you may have a keybind corruption of some kind. You should reset your keybinds with "/unbind_all" and start over.
  • swoods74swoods74 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    here is what i use for vip, /bind "key you wish to use" gensendmessage statusself_vip activate
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    ii019 said:

What I sorely miss right now is /genaddwindow hud_traybox_allpowers.

In some situations switching one or more encounters during same fight is right thing to do. If I am in Tiamat with CW for example I will want to use Steal Time in clerics phase but Ray of Enfeeblement instead in heads phase. With this command disabled, I must open powers window, scroll down to desired spell and replace it. And usually I have couple of angry devils at my back wanting nothing more then to murder my squishy robe-wearing toon.

Genaddwindow is, well was very useful command and I trust you had good reasons if you decided to remove it but please give us something that can allow changing powers easier. You could let us call that same power bar with some other command or create some similar bar that can be part of UI, with players being able to hide it if they don't want it. Or alternative layout of powers window player can switch to, one that could allow slotting powers to specific slot with single click. Or completely new console command (for example /switchpower powername slot) we could bind.

I hope you will consider this and implement something soon. I am certain many players would greatly appreciate it. I definately would.

Game is down for maintenance right now, so I can't test. But, have you tried "/gensendmessage Hud_Traybox_Allpowers 1"?

EDIT: Tested. Doesn't work.
    Post edited by silvergryph on
  • blistonbliston Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I paid for VIP to make life easier. That is to say that I use Travel and Mailbox portals and was using keybinds until the last update. I'm back to square 1.

With the time it takes to find them through the menus, I may as well walk to a mailbox!
    Post edited by bliston on
  • blistonbliston Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Sometimes I crack myself up! This keyboard has an F-lock key which wasn't locked. So keybinds to F keys ARE working for VIP
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

Using mouse to click buttons is absolutely clunky. It just doesn't feel smooth.
    FrozenFire