test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

River District - Portal Stones & Ornately Carved Boxes

lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
Anyone know why I can only get fireforged portal stones from the Ornately Carved Boxes?

I don't have any portal stones in my inventory.

I've done all the Nostura Branch, completed Confront Kabal but haven't completed Heart of Fire.

Haven't done any of the Gyrion branch.

Do I need to complete heart of fire?

On another Alt I have all three options, have completed all the "Confront tasks" but haven't completed all the third tiers of the quest branches

tis a bugger because I want the fey weapons (when I can finally grind out those bloody Arcane Magical Writings) :(

Best Answer

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited May 2017 Answer ✓
    OK, I've gone through the quest log and whilst I have completed " Confront Nostura" and "Fey Wizadry" in the campaign tree, I haven't completed the quest "Defeating Nostura", maybe that will unlock the stone.

that's it - you need to complete the quest "Defeating Nostura" not just complete the campaign task "Confront Nostura".

Post edited by lantern22 on

Answers

• chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    It may be because you already have a Fey portal stone in your inventory.

If you already have one, and you open a box, you won't have the option to select another one.

Edit: Oh, you mention you don't have any portal stones at all. Well, if there isn't one hiding in your inventory, then I don't know.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Completing each of the "Confront" tasks should unlock the corresponding portal stone from the Ornately Carved Box.

Are you saying you completed Confront Nostura on the toon in question, but you don't get a Fey Portal Stone as an option from the Ornately Carved Box?
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min

Completing each of the "Confront" tasks should unlock the corresponding portal stone from the Ornately Carved Box.

Are you saying you completed Confront Nostura on the toon in question, but you don't get a Fey Portal Stone as an option from the Ornately Carved Box?

Yes, that's what I'm saying - I've completed the the "Confront Nostura" and also the "Fey Wizadry" tasks and no Fey Portal Stone option.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Ok... have you gone with Archdruid Morningdawn to the Lynching Tree?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

Ok... have you gone with Archdruid Morningdawn to the Lynching Tree?

yeah that was the bit that I was missing.

thnx all
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Standing under the Tree of Elemental Balance in PE. The person that sends you on the seed quests to Ebon Downs and Pirate's Skyhold with Minsc.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    Thats a really nice way to say thank you btw :)