test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shroud of Souls Bugs & Issues

Comments

• vernando122vernando122 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I have the same fatal error problem, please help
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Cannot play at all. Keep getting this error every time I try to do anything, including standing still, changing graphics settings or you know..
    ANYTHING.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• doyler1doyler1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Pre patch i had used a hud command to bring my powertray to the bottom of my screen i can no longer get this command to work, even using the gensendmessage. any thoughts?
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    i am experiencing the issue with graphics cant even play right gpu is intel hd 3000 with 8gb RAM 2.3 duo duo core
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Went to Pe from somi on my Dc and it resert my feats and powers. Can't recall what feats I had, grrr. Pls fix
  • alienrabbit#6747 alienrabbit Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    pitshade said:

This is still working for me: alias anvil "gensendmessage Vipaction_Salvager activate"

"genaddwindow" is not working

Upon launching the game, I was informed that my graphics have been reset to default... now as I move around River District, there are a bunch of shadowy gray squares flashing on my screen. I have no idea is this a new graphics bug or something that was 'fixed' a long time ago with my old settings.

ETA: Turning off 'Post Processing" fixed the issue. It was the first thing I tried and I have no idea what other effects it may have.

i see a bunch of pixelated squares "raining" around too, but only when i enter dungeons. all my graphic settings are set to the lowest possible but now i don't remember if the "post processing" one was on or off. i should check it out.

i'm also having those fatal errors other people are mentioning (and i do click on the safe mode option) and it happens after 10 minutes of gameplay. i'm kinda used to this error since my laptop is not really appropriate for gaming, but it usually happens only after 4 or even more hours of gameplay, not that quickly. i'm pretty sure this update just made the whole game heavier for low-end users like myself :/ i hope this doesn't make neverwinter unplayable...
  • arrowgon#3496 arrowgon Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Two minor issues. First, there is now a problem with the guild Roster page. When you go to resize the name or account column, the column disappears. Second, apparently any word with 'come' in it is considered inappropriate and automatically changed to $*%($. For example, when I tried sending a guild mail and included such words as 'welcome' and coming' they were changed just as if the profanity filter was on (which it is not). This only happens in the subject box or in the chat window and does not have a problem with the body of a mail message.
  • princesstwilieprincesstwilie Member Posts: 12 Arc User

@nitocris83 More info about unexpected resets here. Follow-up question, do people experiencing the problem remember if they were sitting on a free respec on affected characters?

I'm not 100% sure now, but I think I had a free respec leftover from the Anointed Army nerf.
  • princesstwilieprincesstwilie Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Update, I just got reset AGAIN while changing loadouts. This time it was on the new loadout, and my (best attempt at recreating) old loadout was unharmed.
    Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/p5YnSQq.png

Seems if certain conditions are met, you have to expect your loadout won't last forever?
    edited May 2017

I woke up and did some google fu~ Looks like this is an issue with the application/game design and needs to be fixed. My drivers are up to date.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --

• cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    guys remember these graphics is not a priority remember so dont think they are gonna be fixed i am done.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    @alienrabbit#6747

I started running into more issues after posting that, reset Post Processing but found another toggle that has seemingly fixed the issue without causing other ones. I am at work now and can't remember the name, but on the same tab, below Post Processing, there is a slider. Below the slider there is another on/off selection with a technobabble name. Try disabling that. It worked for me.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • konamerekonamere Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Devoted Cleric Powers/Feats cleared.

After the patch I went through all characters invoking and setting new profession tasks if needed. If I remembered I also checked the character sheet to see what the item levels were at. I know the Devoted Cleric powers were okay on that pass. On my second pass to clean up inventory/get rid of the green outlined loadout tutorial windows the powers and feats were cleared only on my DC. The first 5 powers are left with one point in each. The only interaction with loadouts was clicking on the green outlined tutorial windows and clicking "done" when I was able to. I did not click save or anything else.

Many hours later I tried clicking on manage loadout and new 1 and it displayed my feats for a second then was clear. I could not get that to happen again. I still have not clicked on the save button.

Just started to put some time into my cleric the last few months and it was becoming my second favorite character. I hope the powers and feats can be restored. If they can't be restored, could someone indicate whether it will be possible to find out what powers and feats I had prior to the patch.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The reset has been reported already, and sadly it is unlikely that you can find out what you had before. If you have a recent copy on Preview, otherwise only your own notes or memory exist. I had to redo both of my DCs last night but at least it seems to be a one time thing (once for each loadout it seems)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

apparently any word with 'come' in it is considered inappropriate and automatically changed to $*%($. For example, when I tried sending a guild mail and included such words as 'welcome' and coming' they were changed just as if the profanity filter was on (which it is not). This only happens in the subject box or in the chat window and does not have a problem with the body of a mail message.

The system is changing any word with "com" for simbols, really hard to talk like that btw... since gold was also blocked must be something with gold spammers.

i think it is useless btw, they will just say
    "G.o.l.d" or
    "G O L D" or
    "G_o_l_d"
    from now on for ex... still really hard to talk this way ...
  • vjarlvjarl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    In the fight with Morlanth, I got her down to 0% health, but she refused to die. I was stuck in combat still and could not zap out of the room and reset. I killed myself and reentered the room. This time I noticed that she summoned adds and a dragon. I killed all of them and was able to get the complete.

I think the issue the first time was that I kept hitting her with stuns (Rogue) and even though it said she was unaffected, I do not think she could perform the summons (or at least she never did). The second time through, I used fewer stuns. Reported with an in game ticket as well.
  • teledrielteledriel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    rafaelda said:

apparently any word with 'come' in it is considered inappropriate and automatically changed to $*%($. For example, when I tried sending a guild mail and included such words as 'welcome' and coming' they were changed just as if the profanity filter was on (which it is not). This only happens in the subject box or in the chat window and does not have a problem with the body of a mail message.

The system is changing any word with "com" for simbols, really hard to talk like that btw... since gold was also blocked must be something with gold spammers.

i think it is useless btw, they will just say
    "G.o.l.d" or
    "G O L D" or
    "G_o_l_d"
    from now on for ex... still really hard to talk this way ...
    Or talk about Companions ..

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Back in the office gathering all the most recent info. Thanks everyone! I'm flooding the Devs with all the reports so I don't have an ETA on any official update or status at this time.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    I also had the explorers guild bug, caverns map, character Headsplitter, guild Humor is God, R9 explorers guild, boon selected, only one resource. A guildie reports it also happens with the new zone maps.
  • kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    Seems that mSP doesn't drop Fartouched Residuum, I haven't seen any after 4-5 runs and there's none on AH.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    kacezet said:

Seems that mSP doesn't drop Fartouched Residuum, I haven't seen any after 4-5 runs and there's none on AH.

Same i did 7 runs of ungrateful mSP and nobody in my party got a single Fartouched Residuum, whereas there's already dozen of dragon turtle scales
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Update: I'm working on how to best share the relevant issues/info with the correct people so I'm parsing through design versus tech issues versus feedback. I may be reaching out to people individually for more details or asking for general details on this thread.
  • teflons7teflons7 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Auction House crashes the game to desktop when attempting to select a specific stat type for equipment searches. As soon as I click on the drop down menu, it happens. Others in alliance have experienced this as well.
    Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR
    Beefthor Battlebeard - 70 GF
    Beefer Sutherland - 70 CW
    Whatever it was that was taken out of the advanced graphics settings with this build if I remember correctly it limited the file size of some graphics setting. The drop down was right above the 'Limit Frame Rate' option. I had to use the setting on 256mb before or I'd have what I think was a huge memory leak caused by the game making my game crash. I wonder if this setting being removed is causing this issue that several of us are experiencing now that makes the game unplayable. I could be entirely wrong but, as far as I could tell that was the only real significant difference with tweaking the graphics. Thank you- I know you guys are probably slammed with reports but Thanks for trying to keep us updated. I really hope those that are affected don't have to sit out for very long! Fear of missing out is real. :cry:

@nitocris83
    --

• lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    konamere said:

Devoted Cleric Powers/Feats cleared.

After the patch I went through all characters invoking and setting new profession tasks if needed. If I remembered I also checked the character sheet to see what the item levels were at. I know the Devoted Cleric powers were okay on that pass. On my second pass to clean up inventory/get rid of the green outlined loadout tutorial windows the powers and feats were cleared only on my DC. The first 5 powers are left with one point in each. The only interaction with loadouts was clicking on the green outlined tutorial windows and clicking "done" when I was able to. I did not click save or anything else.

My DC got its feats reseted as well, when i logged in.
    edited May 2017
    My DCs feats got reset but currently I can't even play so... not #1 on my priority list. Having the respec token back would be nice :)
    Post edited by bitt3rnightmar3 on
    --