test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3 man Dungeons

stargazer9615stargazer9615 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
When doing a three man dungeon and you are slower then others (because I kill all and pick up drops ) why do they kick me out from Instance ?
I have loss many dungeons from this and also less lower rank people are not doing these dungeons anymore because of being left behind and then getting kicked out . This is not fair and I suggest getting rid of the option to kick from instance be removed. We should all have a fair chance at all dungeons.

Best Answers

• danievdwdanievdw Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2017 Answer ✓

When doing a three man dungeon and you are slower then others (because I kill all and pick up drops ) why do they kick me out from Instance ?
    I have loss many dungeons from this and also less lower rank people are not doing these dungeons anymore because of being left behind and then getting kicked out . This is not fair and I suggest getting rid of the option to kick from instance be removed. We should all have a fair chance at all dungeons.

Because they are farming and want to do quick runs. They want to do that in (say) 3 minutes instead of 10. 20 runs per hour instead of 6. I suggest you run your team, set your own ground rule and pick your own mates to run.
    Getting rid of the option will not help too much. They will just leave the dungeon. i.e. if they can't kick you, they kick themselves.
    In addition, if there is no kick option, if one of you just sit on the camp fire and never move, what could the team do?
    One way (that you may not like), go with them. Finish the boss. They will leave. You go back to clean up the dungeon.
    Could not disagree more. If you farm, that means you know the game and you been around. It should be you that make farming parties, since you know the system. Kicking new players for wanting to grab loot and XP and to experience the dungeon, is a asshat thing to do. I personally always stick around with the obvious new players and help them out. That is what a party is about, and a MMO, and all the good thing. Seriously guys, stop being dicks.

Answers

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Because they are farming and want to do quick runs. They want to do that in (say) 3 minutes instead of 10. 20 runs per hour instead of 6. I suggest you run your team, set your own ground rule and pick your own mates to run.
    Getting rid of the option will not help too much. They will just leave the dungeon. i.e. if they can't kick you, they kick themselves.
    In addition, if there is no kick option, if one of you just sit on the camp fire and never move, what could the team do?
    One way (that you may not like), go with them. Finish the boss. They will leave. You go back to clean up the dungeon.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Some dungeons you can't go back after and clean up.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I'm in the middle ground, if both of the other guys are new/low level I'll move at the same pace as them and make sure they get through it but if one races off I'll move at their speed until the first 2 bosses are down to make sure I get the seals (bit of extra AD) then I'll go back and help the other guy if they need it.

I do feel they should allow players to enter them alone using private queue (i.e. private queue allows for a party of 1)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The best option for a leveling character for doing the dungeons for the story, challenge etc... is to form your party in zone chat. This was true when these dungeons were actually challenging 5 player affairs and it is still the case.

If you hit 'O' at the start, select 'My Party' and see what actual level the other two people are, then you can get an idea as to how it will go.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    danievdw said:

Could not disagree more. If you farm, that means you know the game and you been around. It should be you that make farming parties, since you know the system. Kicking new players for wanting to grab loot and XP and to experience the dungeon, is a HAMSTER thing to do. I personally always stick around with the obvious new players and help them out. That is what a party is about, and a MMO, and all the good thing. Seriously guys, stop being dicks.
    I did not agree or disagree what they are doing. I didn't pick a position. I was pointing out disabling kick would have a different bad effect. OP asked why he/she was kicked. I provided a probable answer. I proposed something OP may choose to do (and within his/her control) to improve the experience or he/she can just ignore that. Nobody can force how others to do things regardless what the others do are good or bad.
    And, frankly, it is pretty obvious he/she did not meet the people like you (who helps). Personally, I don't think "wait for the world to change" is the solution.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    kalindra said:

danievdw said:

Could not disagree more. If you farm, that means you know the game and you been around. It should be you that make farming parties, since you know the system. Kicking new players for wanting to grab loot and XP and to experience the dungeon, is a HAMSTER thing to do. I personally always stick around with the obvious new players and help them out. That is what a party is about, and a MMO, and all the good thing. Seriously guys, stop being dicks.

On principle, you're right.
    But since nobody "explores" the dungeon more than 10 times, but farm it probably for more than 100 or even 1000 times, in this case (non epic dungeons) I thinks it's sensible to do it the other way around (explicitly searching for non-epic groups, taking speed runs as default).

Well, that affirms my point. How many times, in the 100 or 1000 times you farm, do you actually do a run with a fresh newbie that is exploring and lagging behind ? I can think of a handful of times I have, and I been around. So does it really destroy your whole farming day to not kick that newbie, at least, if you are then completely beyond just helping them along ?
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Why do these farmers not form groups. It is really unfair for Zergers to ruin a players first dungeon.

When i do farming i always start with "Pls let me know if you want me to slow down" and then do it at the teams pace. It might be a better option to have a run solo option. I would love that esp for ETOS :)
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

mynaam said:

Al daai goed

Jis, maar dit is n lelike avatar daai :p

Indeed, it really does not take that much from a person just to be a little bit considerate.

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I would prefer a solo que option but as it is, every story has two sides.

There are ppl running with their first char, who want to explore the dungeon. There are ppl running on undergeared alts farming AD, changing character, to farm with multiple chars at the same time, going AFK etc.

Keep in mind, that the kick option is not available for some time at the beginning and as long, as there is 'valuable' loot on the ground, so it takes some time, before anyone can get kicked.

I dont run 3 player dungeons anymore, but in my experience 9 of 10 ppl running them are lvl 70 players farming with alts. How could I say that? New players dont have multiple class artifacts, companions from account packs, hand me down gear or are in a SH 20 guild.

I love this, this is a MMOG, you have to help the other players. How about this? This is a MMOG ppl can play as they want, within the COC, and in a group everybody should contribute, at last somehow.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • danieltoaderdanieltoader Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2017

This is not fair and I suggest getting rid of the option to kick from instance be removed. We should all have a fair chance at all dungeons.

I disagree with you regarding the removing of kick option. I also farm this type of dungeons for AD and i can tell you that i never kick someone when i used my top toon or i was not kicked when i used my weaker one. The goal is to follow the group and if you are weak you will take the loot which is dropping behind them, is a win-win situation anyway. Also your toon is lvl-ing up when your are in a group and farm :) . You can ask for a few minutes AFK and is ok for everybody, but being quiet and mapping the dungeon to long do not expect that the group to wait for you.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    pitshade said:

The best option for a leveling character for doing the dungeons for the story, challenge etc... is to form your party in zone chat. This was true when these dungeons were actually challenging 5 player affairs and it is still the case.

If you hit 'O' at the start, select 'My Party' and see what actual level the other two people are, then you can get an idea as to how it will go.

The problem with the "form your own party if you want to experience the dungeon" philosophy is the stupid "anti-bot" rules that prevent true newbies from even using chat until they've leveled past most of this content. The true, new player running Cloak Tower for the first time at the appropriate level can't use chat, can't tell you to slow down or ask for help or anything else.

They have to complete 5 deed chains before they can use the chat, trade, auction house, mail attachments, etc. It's a lose-lose for new players.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I don't defend those restrictions. They only punish legitimate players, ths botters don't have any trouble getting through them. But for the people who have unlocked chat, forming a group in zone is likely to give a more favorable outcome. Failing that, in a queue made group, the Social Ui 'O' key can show the true levels of the other two players, allowing for an informed decision regarding whether to stick with the run and/or how to proceed.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Maybe we need a solo oprion for the 3 player where you can do a solo speed run or solo farm.
  • happydust#8317 happydust Member Posts: 1 New User
    Me and my girl just started playing this game. Was pleasent surprised when we realised that we could do skirmishes just the 2 of us.
    Disapointed when we later realised that we had to bring some other player in our group when we do dungeons, because of mainly 2 things.
    1. speedrunners. The first one to join our group just speeded ahead and skipped mobs on the way. We like to explore and take our time when playing, felt that the other player destroyed for us, what's the fun in just runnig and picking up loot? so we kicked the player.. another player joined.. same thing =(
    2. to easy. no chalange from the mobs or bosses. Got pretty bored because there was no challange. Would be better with just the 2 of us. Why can't we run at least the "3man dungeons" with just 2 players?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Me and my girl just started playing this game. Was pleasent surprised when we realised that we could do skirmishes just the 2 of us.

Disapointed when we later realised that we had to bring some other player in our group when we do dungeons, because of mainly 2 things.

1. speedrunners. The first one to join our group just speeded ahead and skipped mobs on the way. We like to explore and take our time when playing, felt that the other player destroyed for us, what's the fun in just runnig and picking up loot? so we kicked the player.. another player joined.. same thing =(

2. to easy. no chalange from the mobs or bosses. Got pretty bored because there was no challange. Would be better with just the 2 of us. Why can't we run at least the "3man dungeons" with just 2 players?

Make a friend, queue private, have the friend leave.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.