test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shroud of Souls Bugs & Issues

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Welcome to the Shroud of Souls! Please report issues specific to this release in this thread. This is incredibly helpful, especially for the first few days post-release, in getting information escalated.

Thanks!

Comments

• princesstwilieprincesstwilie Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    My DC got her feats and powers reset. Any idea why? Still got a free respec token, but my original loadout is wiped out.
  • lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2017

My DC got her feats and powers reset. Any idea why? Still got a free respec token, but my original loadout is wiped out.

Same problem, i click on "save loadout" and it wipes my char. Seriously, 1 min into this expansion and i am already pissed off. That must be a new record, well done Cryptic.

Edit:
    I just got told that maybe giving the Loadout a name might have been a mistake... i mean seriously?! If that is intended, i expect a tiny little warning sign, like "hitting this will fully respec your char, do you want to continue?" I dont even... ok i am stopping now. Suffice to say i wont touch this "feature" with a ten foot pole anymore. But hey, hopefully other players might benefit from a free respec.
  • princesstwilieprincesstwilie Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Same problem, i click on "save loadout" and it wipes my char. Seriously, 1 min into this expansion and i am already pissed off. That must be a new record, well done Cryptic.

I wouldn't go quite that far. It only reset me once, which is a nuisance for sure since I wasn't expecting it, and I had a handful of respec tokens leftover from Simril, but in concept it's a pretty nice change.

Wish I could just restore to what I had, or at least got some kind of notice before having my feats and powers wiped (ability scores and boons still intact) but I doubt it's going to happen so I already filled them back in as best as I can remember.

What's weird is it only happened on my DC. Nothing happened on my OP or mostly unused CW/SW. A couple people in zone chat complained about getting reset, but most people are saying they didn't get reset, so the inconsistency leads me to believe something got messed up

Edit:
    I just got told that maybe giving the Loadout a name might have been a mistake... i mean seriously?! If that is intended, i expect a tiny little warning sign, like "hitting this will fully respec your char, do you want to continue?" I dont even... ok i am stopping now. Suffice to say i wont touch this "feature" with a ten foot pole anymore. But hey, hopefully other players might benefit from a free respec.

That is greyed out for my DC (I never touched it), but not on my other characters. I'm not sure I understand what's it's for though...
    DC loadout: http://i.imgur.com/eICx0bA.jpg
    OP loadout: http://i.imgur.com/tS78TJu.jpg

Renaming (which I did just recently) doesn't seem to have done anything strange unexpected...

It also keeps saying "Respec failed. You haven't made any permanent choices on this character" any time I toggle to the new loadout. Doesn't do that for any of my other characters, and I'm not sure what it means; I would expect a new loadout to have nothing set yet.
    http://i.imgur.com/NSBcCT9.jpg
    Post edited by princesstwilie on
    edited May 2017
    I got a full reset, including ability scores and boons. But i think i have started to grasp the reason. It seems you can save different loadouts, that not only carry different equipment but also different feats, boons and powers. Which would have been nice to know beforehand, because then i could have respect my char in a usefull way for pve and pvp, instead of just choosing the feats and boons identical to the pvp build i am playing and just wasting 15 min of my time and a free respec.

Why couldnt Cryptic just implement it like Diablo 3 recently? You go to Loadouts, give your current loadout a name and hit the save button. If you want to return to that loadout, you hit the name given before and you get reset the way you saved. I mean, whats this "current loadout" all about? Do i change my "current loadout" everytime automatically when i change something on my char? What kind of sense does that make? It basically wastes one loadout, because if i am experimenting with different builds, it automatically saves them in the current loadout, meaning that i cant return to my original build (save for using the second loadout (which means i can basically only save one loadout) or buying other loadouts for Zen).
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @nitocris83 More info about unexpected resets here. Follow-up question, do people experiencing the problem remember if they were sitting on a free respec on affected characters?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I'm in a bad situation.
    For unknown reasons, I've 125 power points. The max number of power point is 124: I got 1 more (total 125) from an experience overflow, I cannot use it and I cannot activate the second loadout.

[EDIT]
    Solved. Sorry - can a mod delete this post? TY

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF

@nitocris83 More info about unexpected resets here. Follow-up question, do people experiencing the problem remember if they were sitting on a free respec on affected characters?

Dont think that i had a free respec on my GF.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Guild boons do not swap while changing lodouts.

I have the same ones choosen no matter which lodout I have active.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for all the info so far. We're still trying to figure out the Loadouts issue, if it was a miscommunication or if there's a bug. Lots of eyes on things. We're also aware of the lag for the stronghold Siege event.

As always, I likely won't have immediate answers other than "yes, we're aware" but please continue providing details, repro steps, etc. Thank you everyone!
  • swoods74swoods74 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    All my clerics had a forced reset on them when i logged them on. Other toons i have did not.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    kreatyve said:

Professions resources are only able to be bought 1 at a time rather than 100. I believe this is a bug.

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1229939/shroud-of-souls-preview-patch-notes-nw-80-20170403a-0

Temporary stores: Masterwork items can no longer be purchased in bulk.

so either your issue falls under this heading, or your issue is accidentally effected by this change. Either way, removing the ability to buy anything in bulk is stupid.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    edited May 2017
    http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1230100/unknown-command-genaddwindow

as per this thread, the genaddwindow command is not working. @terramak was looking into it but we never got an update as to what was happening with it.

Honestly, this is a huge issue. There are so many helpful things that genaddwindow allows people to do
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Explorer Guild Boon doesn't work anymore. Our explorer guild is rank 10, and when i farm explorer's nodes with the boon checked as active, it gives me 1 resource.
  • darknessdestory7darknessdestory7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    im having the same problem with exploreer guild boon not working only giving me 1 as well
    when I have the chat window selected to type something, but have not yet typed anything, the blinking cursor doesn't appear. This makes it difficult to know if i have the chat window selected or not if i accidentally activated it somehow or if I meant do it on purpose but i have no visual feedback if it worked or not unless i start typing.
  • eastwardeastward Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Any news on: /bind F8 genaddwindow vipaction_root
    I cannot get VIP window to work anymore. Nor can I bind the genaddwindow key... This started this morning!!!
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Heading into a meeting in 4 minutes to recap launch day issues with the team, then heading home to rest up a bit. I'll be back tomorrow with any new updates unless there's emergency messaging this evening. Thanks again for taking the time to share concerns/observations/etc.

im sitting on 10+ free respec stacked from winter festival,and my dc got that "wipe" experience
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    This is still working for me: alias anvil "gensendmessage Vipaction_Salvager activate"

"genaddwindow" is not working

Upon launching the game, I was informed that my graphics have been reset to default... now as I move around River District, there are a bunch of shadowy gray squares flashing on my screen. I have no idea is this a new graphics bug or something that was 'fixed' a long time ago with my old settings.

ETA: Turning off 'Post Processing" fixed the issue. It was the first thing I tried and I have no idea what other effects it may have.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    eolee said:

Explorer Guild Boon doesn't work anymore. Our explorer guild is rank 10, and when i farm explorer's nodes with the boon checked as active, it gives me 1 resource.

Can you give me the name of the character this happened on? Thanks!
    eolee said:

im sitting on 10+ free respec stacked from winter festival,and my dc got that "wipe" experience
    Those count as "purchased respec", even though you didn't pay for them yourself.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• shadows1313shadows1313 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    eastward said:

Any news on: /bind F8 genaddwindow vipaction_root
    I cannot get VIP window to work anymore. Nor can I bind the genaddwindow key... This started this morning!!!

Try /bind x gensendmessage Statusself_Vip activate for vip and /bind x "gensendmessage Auction_Root 1" for ah.
    They modified the old commands a bit seems so these should work instead.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    The first invocation pass, both of my DCs feats and powers were fine. The second time through they reset. Please tell me this is a one time deal!

ETA: Neither had Free Respecs remaining.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • eastwardeastward Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    /bind F8 gensendmessage Statusself_Vip activate
    worked perfectly! Thank yoU!
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Well for me, more lag and getting stuck at loading again.
    Also Morlanth's Shroud is Bound on Character, its a unique item but not useful for some classes. Can it be changed to Bound to Account?
    blur#5900 said:

Also Morlanth's Shroud is Bound on Character, its a unique item but not useful for some classes. Can it be changed to Bound to Account?

It's a story reward like Makos' Ring, so I doubt they'd want to do that.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    The artificing task Cut Oak Lumber takes 5x Oak Lumber as input and gives 5x Oak Lumber as output. Presumably the input should be Oak Logs, not Oak Lumber. This isn't a display issue... with Oak Logs in inventory, I can't perform the task.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
    edited May 2017

eolee said:

Can you give me the name of the character this happened on? Thanks!
    Eole@eolee in Infernal Paragons
    @nitocris83
    Some players of my guild tried other maps and it was the same issue in Vellosk for example

It was Skyhold Maps