test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter M11b General Feedback

123457»

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    What rank is your guild btw? In my alliance the R20 guilds donate influence to other guilds that need it.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    Looks like great work on Mod11b so far.
    One feedback point:

Loadouts *should* be able to change mount insignias.
    They are already free to slot in and out and they are part of a build.
    I just don't see any reason why not, is all.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Sittable chair technology (per today's environmental design blog):
    As the devs work through the back catalogue of chairs, I'd suggest tackling existing roleplay hotspots first. The Moonstone Mask, Driftwood Tavern, and whatever the inn in Ebon Downs is called.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I have to say the elven chairs (300k ad each) are a bit pricy for needing 40 of them. 300k * 40 = 12mil AD needed for CHAIRS! (If you are going for elven theme)

Oh and yes I am an elf fan *whistles* So I demand reduction in price else it's racism against elves! ;)

P/S: Maybe also the other 2 standards too.

edited May 2017
    @asterdahl @terramak
    Not sure if it's reported yet, I believe one of the Oak Lumber should be Oak Log.

Because you can buy the Oak Log here to be processed into Oak Lumber

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    OK, now that I have had a chance to try 11B on Live, I have two things to complain about.

First, the Stronghold Marauder event. I am ignoring the lag issue, as that was really only a problem the very first time - maybe there was just some extreme server load at that time. However, the Issue I cannot ignore is the quality of the rewards. Just compare the rewards for running this for say, 30 minutes to the rewards for 30 minutes of DF event (assuming 2x4 dragons). The marauder rewards are pretty pathetic by comparison. Currently there is no reason for anyone to run the marauders more than once per week, just for the 600 Influence reward.

Second, the "nerf" to the Mysterious Merchant equipment. It came as an annoying surprise to me to find that the items I wanted had been reduced to IL 450 and the stats lowered accordingly. I know I had complained about those items being better than the Masterwork items (meaning that there was little reason for people to bother with Masterwork), but I had hoped the Masterwork items would get a small boost, like a set bonus...not that the Mysterious Merchant's items would be "nerfed" like this.

At any rate, yea...the loadouts are a nice QoL improvement.
    Hoping for improvements...
    Lol you thought they'd boost MW and not lower the vendor stuff? You've been around long enough to know better ;)

• alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    I am really surprised that the devs said this was a boost to small guilds. The temporary structures are super expensive, meaning you have to at least be a moderate size guild to produce the materials and have people to tend them.

The MW temp structures are great for guilds that are established. They can take all the copious materials and guild marks they have and turn them into some sweet AD. What the temp structures don't do is help everyday players in small and medium guilds unlock Masterwork. The traders are confusing, you still need several steps to get what you want, you can't tell which trader will provide what (and the official wiki is incomplete), and none of it is clearly tied to the MW profession quest you are running.

Even if you know what you need (I need gold nuggets because I am trying to unlock MW I... you find you can't get them because you have to unlock the profession to use the vendor.) This is all just really far from the goal that was stated.

Sure, ostensibly the new event helps with vouchers, but not with the lag and the current rewards. The lag after about 15 waves is really very bad. It often gets unplayable around 20-25. And if things turn south, you don't do much better than at wave 15. At wave 15, the rewards just aren't a lot of Guild Marks or even a lot of donation amounts to help a small guild. Especially since a small guild likely lacks the super-strong players that will let you do 15 waves. Our alliance is very strong, and we still find the event to be boring, too long, and unrewarding. We aim for wave 15 due to lag and time, but it just isn't inspiring/rewarding compared to Dragonflight.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!

Even if you know what you need (I need gold nuggets because I am trying to unlock MW I... you find you can't get them because you have to unlock the profession to use the vendor.) This is all just really far from the goal that was stated.

Uh, you don't need gold nuggets to unlock Jewelcrafting.

To unlock Masterwork I Jewelcrafting you only need 500 Perfect gems and 250 Aberrant strips, as well as three blue-quality items made with "rare" recipes. It may take a bit of time to get them all done (or you can just buy the items on the AH), but this will give you Mastercraft I, which allows you to make Gold nuggets or to buy them from the vendor.

You can then buy the gold nuggets and gold ingots you need for the first two steps of Mastercraft II. For the third step you need a Newly "Minted" gold coin, and as your chance to make that is just around 30%, you should either buy that or get someone who already has Jewelcraft Wasterwork II to make it. Finally you need the "Set of Newly Minted Coins", and there is no way around that - you have to make that yourself, with your 30% (or so) chance. That can get painful and expensive.

This will get you Jewelcrafting Masterwork II, Getting to level 3 is painless - you just buy 20 gold ingots form the vendor - that's it.

We aim for wave 15 due to lag and time, but it just isn't inspiring/rewarding compared to Dragonflight.

Pretty much agree. I am OK with doing 5-wave event once per week, just for the +600 Influence. The vouchers are simply not worth the effort.

On the other hand I try to do DF at least twice per day - that's an event I really enjoy, and the reward/effort ratio there is fair.
    My allies and guildies were severely disappointed at the reward too, they showed up very hyped for the event, enjoyed the mob smashing but then the rewards appeared..

Coughs, looks like we're also gonna just do weekly 5 wave and then just dfs as usual - Easier organizing, better rewards, less time consuming.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    This has to be the worst execution on an update that I've ever encountered post mod 6. I haven't been able to do anything with the game at all since May 2nd after patch. Honest feedback- This is the longest I've been off the game without wanting to take a break since I started playing. Last time I was sitting out a week was because the fiber optic cable coming into my neighborhood got severed by idiots. Clearly no ones fault. This time it's because of client crashes.

Upside: Maybe all these bugs and inconsistencies will be fixed by mod 12 and I won't be any worse off?
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

edited May 2017
    @asterdahl @terramak
    Patch Notes: Version: NW.80.20170417a.7

Items and Economy
    Professions

Artificing: The task to create oak lumber no longer requires oak lumber, which requires oak lumber, which…
    This task now properly requires oak logs.

Thank you. Now we can have fireplaces. :)
  • nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Well.

I have to say that PW has really outdone itself in its quest to make me unhappy.

First... limit me to ONE possible action at a time to refine some oil that I need for Mastery 2 in Alchemy.

Second... Set it up so that the refinement process has, at best, a 20 per cent success rate.

Third... Make the ingredient I thus refine a component in the SECOND refinement process that I need to perform for Mastery 2, and Oh, yeah, give that process a max best of 20% success rate as well.

So. W/o digging out my stats book and running the appropriate calculations, rough math says the following. Six oils are needed for part one. W/ TWO out of ten likely successes, that's 30 processes on average. But wait, I need that oil also for step 2... 30 processes THERE to make the other needed component. So I REALLY NEED the original 30 processes, PLUS ANOTHER 150 PROCESSES to make oil for the second component.

180 processes that each take a nominal 3 hours, that I can only do one at a time. I'm ignoring all the costs in materials, guild marks, and time that you're going to incur either making base components for the oil or component two, btw. And this does NOT account, now that I think about it, for the 30 processes that need to be performed for the second component, which I believe ALSO take 3 hours each.

THIS. IS. INSANE.

Suggestion. Make the *&%$#$#$ Alembic PURCHASABLE OR SALEABLE. Bind to character is simply insulting. And make it salable at the CRAFTING merchant for GOLD, for pity's sake. After all, the OTHER items like Iron/Steel/Mithril mortars, philo stones, and crucibles are already available on the AH or in packs. You'll do a seriously brisk business in Alchemy or whatever packs IF you do.

One more thing.. this is THE TIME to spot botters. Let me say again... TWO HUNDRED TEN PROCESSES, ON AVERAGE, to get the necessary components for Alchemy Mastery Two. For some one like me, that translates into SEVENTY DAYS, given that I'm only going to average three processes A DAY. Which is why I'm REALLY REALLY ANNOYED.

POINT BEING... max processes is about TEN a day. Presuming you have the same INSANE choke point set up in the various professions, anyone who hits mastery 2 in ANYTHING in twenty-one days flat... is a botter.

Congrats. You finally figured out a way to nail the cheating slime. However, you've done it at the price of creating an EPIC GRIND FEST. PLEASE FIX THIS SO I CAN ACTUALLY CONSIDER PROCEEEDING TO MASTERY 2 IN ANYTHING.

Post edited by nightstalkor on
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User
    Hi Nightstalkor,

You forgot to mention another point... some of the tasks require masterworks ingredients made by other professions!

Here are some things that can help the situation... all involving AD

- Rushing a 3 hour task only costs 6000AD, so maybe that's affordable now and again? Paying for failure is not fun though.
    - You can buy and refine a forgehammer of Gond artifact. That increases the 20% chance of success to 35%.
    - Most of the requirements for masterworks 2 can be bought on the auction house.
    It is expensive, but you might find it's easier to save AD and just buy what you can - look out for bargains.
    - Once you have level 2 in one profession you can make and sell things, use the AD to buy what you need.

Maybe that will help...
    Yeah it's only worth doing MW if you have a mythic forgehammer of gond...

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Yeah it's only worth doing MW if you have a mythic forgehammer of gond...

So true and even though Winter Festival was very good to me, it did not give me Gond artifact on any of the 15 toons that I ran through it each and every day. :(
    I aim to misbehave
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

@asterdahl

Thank you. Now we can have fireplaces. :)

Except the ordinary profession tasks to make stronghold furnishings are built with a masterwork chance of success, which I sadly overlooked until I started to assemble the materials to try some of them. I do have one character with a legendary Forgehammer (I thought I had a long time before I needed to finish ranking it so it's a few levels off mythic), but 30% chance of success, and even 40% chance, is disheartening. I don't really see the worth in trying to make these furnishings prior to earning masterwork tools, even though they are technically available to anyone with their professions levelled.

I'd be far better off finding a masterworker willing to make them for me if I supply the materials, which gets the job done but isn't very satisfying.

By the way, my confusion on the battleaxe display was a combination of not normally using a crucible for weaponsmithing and the icon used for the crucible on that task having different artwork than the familiar alchemy/artificing/jewelcrafting tool. I thought I was looking at something I don't own any of, as opposed to just not having on that character at the moment. My mistake, but I'm not sure that icon art is used anywhere else so I thought it was a different tool I've not seen before.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    mintmark said:

Hi Nightstalkor,

You forgot to mention another point... some of the tasks require masterworks ingredients made by other professions!

Here are some things that can help the situation... all involving AD

- Rushing a 3 hour task only costs 6000AD, so maybe that's affordable now and again? Paying for failure is not fun though.
    - You can buy and refine a forgehammer of Gond artifact. That increases the 20% chance of success to 35%.
    - Most of the requirements for masterworks 2 can be bought on the auction house.
    It is expensive, but you might find it's easier to save AD and just buy what you can - look out for bargains.
    - Once you have level 2 in one profession you can make and sell things, use the AD to buy what you need.

Maybe that will help...

Oh... you've GOT to be kidding. Lovely. And the crazy part is... my suggestion is a gold mine for PW. If they realize it.

After all...consider. I buy two more alembics or whatever new tool I need at the crafting merchant to have THREE processes at the same time. At that point I STILL need three mithral purple whatevers to get to a 20% success rate. For each of the new alembic etc!
    Now, maybe, just maybe I have TWO sets of whatever I need laying around, especially since I have nine toons. But it's likely that I don't, and most people only run 4 or 5 toons (if the forums are to be believed) so they most likely only have ONE complete mithral set for whatever crafting skills they've chosen to try to work. Honestly, there's not a whole lot of reason to HAVE more than one complete set, since most crafting tasks don't make money!
    So this means I have to buy packs or hit the AH to get more purple power to get to 20%. Which means that LOTS of people are going to buy Packs, and buy lots of those. You need sixteen greens to make one purple, so on average six new purples per profession means about 100 packs of whatever profession.
    My guess is that resources ? (anvils, hammers, crucibles etc) would skyrocket in AH prices, and assets ? would plummet. And PW makes out there by getting its cut of the higher prices in "taxes".
    My suggestion is an IMMENSE GOLD MINE waiting to be tapped. Now we'll see if PW is smart enough to use it.