test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

+5 rising rings

2»

Comments

• waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    litaaers said:

You need to work on your delivery. Its a little.....ineffective.

The sad part is that your message gets lost in the silly, hyperbolic rant.

Rant it may be but the message is not lost at all. Its loud and clear and 90% or more of the people who ever ran PoM can relate to it.
  • kalimoucho44kalimoucho44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User

The +4 versions can be had with a reasonable amount of grind and are good enough for most players. People are not going to leave the game because they do not have the +5 version.

Some people are willing to commit countless hours to gamble for the +5 rings. This time spent may be more valuable to cryptic than selling the item to players and have them reduce their playing time afterwards. It's all about getting players to spent time in the game. The more time spent in the game, the more likely money will be spent at some point.

You are right, so forget about it.

Just a point : I won't leave the game because I don't loot a +5 ring, I never talked about that ?

In the opposite, I won't stop playing because I loot all bis stuff of the game.

Second point : reasonable amount of grind can be variable from a player to another.

Well it's just rethoric, nothing important.

I enjoy the game, no matter the loots :)
    Tr BlackbombA
    French guild : L'Ordre Du Dragon Noir
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User

Rant it may be but the message is not lost at all. Its loud and clear and 90% or more of the people who ever ran PoM can relate to it.

Recent statistics show that 87% of statistics referenced in an argument are made up.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Some people are going to get their rings in a few runs. Some will never get them. The RANDOM number generator doesn't guarantee anything. I've done over 800 E/NDEMOs and havent got either of the +5 power rings yet. I may never get them. However, some of the most exciting moments I've had in this game were due to RNG. Maybe they could introduce an orange ring exchange at some point but if they raise the chance of getting a +5 ring to what some are proposing, then everyone will have their rings and stop running half of the queues. I know I'm done w/ demo runs after I get my rings...
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2017

2000+ PoMs and nothing!
    this is HAMSTER! Why have the content and the items if no one ever HAMSTER gets them?
    We play the game because it is fun!HAMSTER like this is NOT fun!
    There are people out there with multiples and most of us have never seen one!!

You don't find the game fun anymore only because you have bad drops? If you don't see the fun in the game why do you still play it? We cannot have everything, so don't be so pissed off. I gained also only 3 rings+5 in 1 year of farming hudreds of ToD, POM or n/edemo, rings which were not good for my chars but this is the drop rate. I know people who did not saw any ring +5 until now.
    If you want to have a BiS rings or high ILVL/GS you must farm until you get it. Chill out!

Please speak only for yourself and be respectfull with everybody. :wink:

I understand your point, but I empathize with the OP.

It's hard to walk away from the game if you paid into it, and before anyone yaps about "that's yooooour fault", consider that people that spend $ in the game help fund the rest of the true free-to-players (I am fine with this :smiley: ).

I feel a little jipped (played/paid since closed beta), but that's life in the F2P world.

First rule: If you can't afford to pay, DON'T spend $, and walk away happy.

I still feel the financial input should at least drive the development of new pvp maps/new actual dungeons/class balance, etc. It's as if they are pushing for maximum profit margins (spend low/sell high).

It is destined to fail, and perhaps this model is designed that way. Shameful.

I expected better from a WoTC-licensed product. I wish a TSR-like entity would acquire the DnD IP from Hasbro, and, in turn, try to wrench this MMO from PWE's claws (thanks Atari). I, and others, have harped about the horrid business practices of the parent company.

My first MMO and my last.

Again, I empathize with elmoregemstone, and I expected more from a DnD -licensed product.

Cheers
    Post edited by sweatapodimas on
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    The D&D IP is where Hasbro wants it. If/when that changes the plug would be pulled.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    Yeah, RNG can be difficult psychological issue in this game, and very detrimental to the player experience.

Whether it's chasing the +5 legendary ring of your preference, or the Tenser floating disk, or that last superior mark in mSVA, it can suck particularly badly for near-BIS players that only do the runs (open lockbox, whatever), for that result. The chance are really low, and you can spend a huge amount of game seeing every bad RNG outcome as a waste of time.

The drop rates make reasonable sense for those who are not near end-game "BIS" (Best In Slot). Lesser results are still an improvement, and that Big Drop can make your week. For the near-BIS, anything other than the "Big One" is a tiny advance, not worth the time you spent on it.

I'm one of the continually frustrated in this regard. I only play a DPS class that is sorely outclassed by balance issues (for well over a year now!), and I psychologically relate success of the right +5 ring to being more competitive. That's a big part of why I log in every day, and I'm actually "fooling myself". That drop (Tenser disk, +5 Brutality, whatever), won't fix that balance issue.

So here's my opinion: The drop rate of something you feel is super important, isn't actually that important. Relax. Enjoy the game. Play that drop like (perhaps) you play Lotto - nice if it happens, but I'm not basing success of my life around it happening.

Perhaps don't confuse your incentive to play the game with a successful outcome of a super low chance drop. Yes, the DEVs need to work harder on incentive for why near-BIS log in to play the game. Success at super low chance events is not the answer. Every x2 RP, or x2 Enchants, or whatever, makes it worse - more players near-BIS complaining about how bad their outcome to improve things is when they log on.

Again my opinion: The DEVs can't actually improve the situation until they address the balance issues. Right now, near-BIS characters of all classes slaughter all content (boring!) - so balance complaints are few. You don't have to be a GWF or HR to get the DPS invite (all others can stay home!).
    When this happens, you'll stop seeing that +5 ring as the reason you logged on, and go smash that challenge!
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    I got a Rising Defense and a Brutality +5 back to back from ndemo lol..
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Yeah, RNG can be difficult psychological issue in this game, and very detrimental to the player experience.

Whether it's chasing the +5 legendary ring of your preference, or the Tenser floating disk, or that last superior mark in mSVA, it can suck particularly badly for near-BIS players that only do the runs (open lockbox, whatever), for that result. The chance are really low, and you can spend a huge amount of game seeing every bad RNG outcome as a waste of time.

The drop rates make reasonable sense for those who are not near end-game "BIS" (Best In Slot). Lesser results are still an improvement, and that Big Drop can make your week. For the near-BIS, anything other than the "Big One" is a tiny advance, not worth the time you spent on it.

I'm one of the continually frustrated in this regard. I only play a DPS class that is sorely outclassed by balance issues (for well over a year now!), and I psychologically relate success of the right +5 ring to being more competitive. That's a big part of why I log in every day, and I'm actually "fooling myself". That drop (Tenser disk, +5 Brutality, whatever), won't fix that balance issue.

So here's my opinion: The drop rate of something you feel is super important, isn't actually that important. Relax. Enjoy the game. Play that drop like (perhaps) you play Lotto - nice if it happens, but I'm not basing success of my life around it happening.

Perhaps don't confuse your incentive to play the game with a successful outcome of a super low chance drop. Yes, the DEVs need to work harder on incentive for why near-BIS log in to play the game. Success at super low chance events is not the answer. Every x2 RP, or x2 Enchants, or whatever, makes it worse - more players near-BIS complaining about how bad their outcome to improve things is when they log on.

Again my opinion: The DEVs can't actually improve the situation until they address the balance issues. Right now, near-BIS characters of all classes slaughter all content (boring!) - so balance complaints are few. You don't have to be a GWF or HR to get the DPS invite (all others can stay home!).
    When this happens, you'll stop seeing that +5 ring as the reason you logged on, and go smash that challenge!

This most surely wins the thread?
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    OP's delivery was tactless and rude, ("You suk! Now listen to me and follow my advice.")
    But certainly the reward system needs a rework.
    I concur with the oft-mentioned tolken system standard. You grind out credits toward buying the exact item you want.
    Still a grind, but finite duration (eg. 100 runs=+5 Ring) and guarantee of your preferred item.

Edit.
    TOKEN system. A Tolkien system involves only One Ring.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

OP's delivery was tactless and rude, ("You suk! Now listen to me and follow my advice.")

That's what I want! The ONE ring that binds them all.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    +1 Ambush upgraded to +5 in a later expansion.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    guys, even i want those awesome rings, but somethings are not meant to be given out to everyone. it makes people that have those rings feel special...if you know what i'm talking about. i even want the old titles for my gwf "avatar of war", "dragon stalker", "titan", "caturday survivor?", etc...but if every one has them, it takes that special feel out of those things. what if every gwf was running with the title "avatar of war"? that would make me want to puke...just saying :)

that being said, i think that the devs should improve the drop rates of some actually useful items.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    @elmoregemstone
    "The world is tactless and rude. "
    You are not appealing get to the world. You are appealing to us (fellow players).
    Focus on the facts, present evidence, lose the crude hyperbole and you'll be more successful.
    I actually agree with your underlying theme (RNG reward system is flawed) and have been very critical of Cryptic over the past 3 1/2 years I've played.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited April 2017

I wonder how many people in here are paid to defend the HAMSTER?

I wonder how many whiners are rabble rousers paid by the competitor?

Seriously, I don't think any one is defending this. More like accepting it and carrying on. People going off the deep end over this really should evaluate their priorities in life...
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

I had the rings in a display case in LotRO. It was a housing item you had a chance to get, when you did the Saruman raid T2 HM.

Back on topic. The +5 rings drop. The drop rate sucks. RNG sucks. That beeing said, I have ca a dozend +5 rings, 3 I use. If you cant take the grind anymore, take a break. It might be chance, but my drop rates seemed to be better after I did not play for a while and some friends confirmed this feeling.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    asterotg said:

I had the rings in a display case in LotRO. It was a housing item you had a chance to get, when you did the Saruman raid T2 HM.

Back on topic. The +5 rings drop. The drop rate sucks. RNG sucks. That beeing said, I have ca a dozend +5 rings, 3 I use. If you cant take the grind anymore, take a break. It might be chance, but my drop rates seemed to be better after I did not play for a while and some friends confirmed this feeling.
    This last bit [again] seems to ring true to me also. I was farming Thayan Lairs in Dread Ring for various stones and there was an almost perceptible moment at which the reward quality would drop down to a Green Item and some Vanguard Scrips. Then I looked into it a bit more and realised that those ARE the only rewards on some days! Oh how stupid I felt!
  • sancidsancid Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    in 100+ cn runs I've gotten 1 shard of orcus and 1 +5 rising crit ring. In 400+ Ndemo runs, and I also got a few +5 vision and some of the other salvagers, but also got +5 defense, a +5 regeneration(also salvage), a +5 orcus, and recently a +5 power :). I think they are about right, or rng just likes me.