test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PSA: CtA Campers Out of Control

dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
Some lazy people are flooding the CtA queue with tin can low level toons... no problem there.... but then they camp and make the rest of us earn their AD!

No issue with farming AD, but u gotta at least help with the fight.

A few unsavory guilds are even sending packs of 2-3 campers per CtA, forcing all the rest to do all the work.

Don't be a Richard.
Farm all day if you like, but you must fight. Stop the camping.
JrUzbQw.jpg?1
I am Took.
"Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    eh, went into one and there was 4 of them. I left.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I didn't even touch the CTA this time. My stock if Savages was good and the last time I tried farming one was Storming the Keep. Ended up in a instance with 2 campers and the three of us weren't able to kick, so we left. Does vote kick require 4 people now?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    pitshade said:

I didn't even touch the CTA this time. My stock if Savages was good and the last time I tried farming one was Storming the Keep. Ended up in a instance with 2 campers and the three of us weren't able to kick, so we left. Does vote kick require 4 people now?

I think kicking is disabled in CTAs and other scaled skirmishes, because people used to kick lowbies to farm faster. So now you can't kick anyone.

I ran it six times, just to get the daily AD on a couple of characters that didn't have the achievement previously. Camper in one group, rager in one group. Not too bad, I guess?

Also, double enchants so now I have tiny piles of rank 1 and 2 Vicious enchants.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    it was exciting to do CTA events, but rewards are way too low to be acceptable, they (devs) still hadnt update ANY CTA events, way too lazy to update for years.
  • sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    What about scaling rewards, I'm not talking about damage because not all classes are dps. What about ilvl reward scaling, while a new level 70 should have at LEAST 1600 just from greens (1.8k if they have account bound blues)(2k if they have their arti set already), why not give higher ilvl players a bit more rewards, I doubt many bots out there are 2.5k+
    Neverwinter
    Fearless Wolves - GM
    Slorik - GWF
    Eevil'N - CW
    Sybyl - GF

Star Trek Online

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Take the 2 mins and report them. At least then, if they are bots, support can ban them. If they are just lazy I would hope they are on your ignore list already...
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    This time i did CTA only 3 times, just for achievement for my lvl 70 alts i not play much. In 2 out of these 3 runs, campers were ppl with 3k+. Sad :(
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    Hmm, I smell a little double moral standard here. Why is CtA so popular among chars with an item level >3k? Why is Master of the Hunt so popular and is run much more (after the key change) than Kessel or Tuern? The answer and the truth is: the vast majority of us does not run the skimishes because they want to play the content but to get through with the daily skimirsh AD with as less effort as possible or as fast as possible. That's actually exactly the same as the campers do, just less extreme.

I personally do not care if there are campers or not. When I pug such skirmishes I consider the other players as NPCs and act accordingly. It may take me a minute or two more if I have to fight all the way alone, but that's the reason why I chose such an easy skirmish after all.