test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming update new build questions

mcfly#2257 mcfly Member Posts: 20 Arc User
Strange...I posted this thread before and it disappeared. Here is the second try.

Hello,
my OP is my first char in this game what means I'm rather new. I'm still doing the campaign quests and hunting for better gear, boons and more talent points. Until now I was following the shadowknight build which was posted in this forum. With the new mod we can choose a second build and I tend to go tank/tank heal and damage. I'm not sure which way to go but I would prefer 1 devo build and 1 prot build.
So here are the possibilities:

1. Prot-tank: That would mean I would continue to follow the shadowknight build.

2. Devo-tank/heal: I find this build appealing-->
https://youtube.com/watch?v=5qMrVQEcgxg

The author claims he can tank and heal everything. I like this because I'm in a small guild and we have only one healer. The healer is a dc but he prefers to play with his gwf. So I could tank and heal while my friend could play his gwf.

3.Devo-tank/heal/damage: Here comes rubytrue's lifesteal paladin into play. There is no guide about his build but he offers alot of information in his posts. I really like the idea behind this build. He says he can tank everything expect Orcus. I'm far away from doing these high instances so that would be no problem. Like the build number 2 healing and tanking at the same time seems to be possible. Additionally rubytrue is very satisfied with the damage.

4. Prot-damage: I found this build for prot-damage-->
https://youtube.com/watch?v=0Lg0T7JLZiE&t=600s
This guy claims it's the best build for pala damage even better than any devo-damage build. When I would choose this as damage build I would adapt it for aura gifts.

I hope you can help me what makes the most sense and the most fun. For example is prot or devo damage better…
Sry for my bad english.

Comments

• rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    If you are on PC, look me up in game. There are a few of us who do some runs together and bounce ideas off each other. Sable Shadowstor.@rubytrue
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Also bear in mind that in a couple of months we'll get 'loadouts' which means you'll be able to run protection and healadin builds from the same character. That's why the other post was talking about a 'universal' build.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mcfly#2257 mcfly Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Also bear in mind that in a couple of months we'll get 'loadouts' which means you'll be able to run protection and healadin builds from the same character. That's why the other post was talking about a 'universal' build.

Hi armadeonx,
    I'm pretty sure that the loudouts will come with the next update Shroud of Souls (next tuesday) . That's the reason why I started this thread. I hope I'm not wrong but the vid says I'm not.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=VDBgxtpD0cM

@rubytrue: I play the PC version. I'll contact you ingame. thx.
  • veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I highly recommend you talk to me ruby and gathor before doing anything with the new build, we have performed some extensive testing on the preview server regarding loadouts, stealadins, healadins, and temp/tankadins. I'll try to reach out to you as well, there is something I was supposed to talk to @rubytrue about last night but forgot, and it's a big thing.

I would also like to note, that it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to out dps a healadin with a prot paladin. at 4kIL+ I find it VERY unlikely given the testing that ruby and me did. The only thing takadins can do better is tank and debuff. That is not an opinion, that is a fact based on evidence.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
    I had a very nice conversation with veywiil ingame today. He helped me and answered alot of questions. thank you.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The only edge that a prot pally has on DPS is with high crit. Damage via healing mechanics give the healadin a huge boost but of course that would vary a great deal between solo and group content.

That's one of the reasons my prot has 3 points in prism and 1 in Beacon of Hope - the point in Beacon is to trigger outgoing healing in addition to prism.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • michaelrn1982michaelrn1982 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I very often find myself on the bottom of the dps charts, but thats ok. Just means I'm doing my job as the tank. @rubytrue and @veywiil#8685 run as devo and do some pretty nice damage. It really comes down to what do you want to do.

I do have plans on testing a devo build with my current gear set this weekend (or before Tuesday) to see how the loadout will fit into my plan (considering running devo for pvp and prot for pve).
    Gathornia The Divine

Check out the Shadowknight Build for OP Protection here

[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (446273) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (514415) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (521299) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (555505) Physical Damage to you with Wand Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

I actually recommend going ProtOP until you get at least the Burning Guidance boon; once you get Burning Guidance and start dipping into Healing Warmth, DevOP starts to become a totally different monster. The nice thing about loadouts is that you can do both now (errr...soon).
    rubytrue said:

I actually recommend going ProtOP until you get at least the Burning Guidance boon; once you get Burning Guidance and start dipping into Healing Warmth, DevOP starts to become a totally different monster. The nice thing about loadouts is that you can do both now (errr...soon).

Yes the devo build makes no sense without bg and hw. So I have to wait a little until I get the boons. If I don't get it wrong veywiil told me that when it comes to damage in groups devo>prot and solo prot>devo. I don't how your stealadin works solo but after I have seen you latest vids I guess you will dimiss the stealadin build?
    I have tried to contact you yesterday but you were afk or bussy.

What I'm interessted in is what is better for prot solo play purifing fire or aura gifts?

edited May 2017

rubytrue said:

Yes the devo build makes no sense without bg and hw. So I have to wait a little until I get the boons. If I don't get it wrong veywiil told me that when it comes to damage in groups devo>prot and solo prot>devo. I don't how your stealadin works solo but after I have seen you latest vids I guess you will dimiss the stealadin build?
    I have tried to contact you yesterday but you were afk or bussy.

What I'm interessted in is what is better for prot solo play purifing fire or aura gifts?

You can still do a stealadin build, it just won't be as tanky as if you dump the points that went into lifesteal into defense; that, and it seems, according to our test run, that the massive amount of lifesteal really led to a lot of lag resulting in suboptimal damage output. So no, I won't be using a stealadin build anymore.

I'm not so sure that a ProtOP necessarily out DPS's a DevOP in solo content; it might, I'm not sure, but the reality is that solo, I kill stuff fast enough that for all intents and purposes, I wouldn't notice any difference even if ProtOP did more damage solo.

If you are going ProtOP, I'm not sure that you need to drop either Purifying Fire or Aura Gifts; Prism isn't as effective on a ProtOP since you aren't doing a lot of healing. You will want Aura Gifts no matter what; the question then becomes, as a ProtOP, do you want Prism or Purifying Fire?

When loadouts hit, I plan on a making a group and solo DevOP; for the solo build, I plan on dropping Prism and adding Purifying Fire, but I am keeping Aura Gifts for both builds.

(Sorry I missed you ingame...I was AFK for a while and should of logged out.)