test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sacred Weapon-What does it actually do?

rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
I see a few people who swear by Sacred Weapon, but apparently I don't understand how it works or when you should use it. Could someone please explain this power to me and when (and where) you should use it optimally?

Thanks

Fat E

Comments

• junius#6073 junius Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    It adds 3 charges of bonus radiant dmg to any single target atk like at wills, smite, and bane of all things. I dont know the exact nu.bers but it does do good dmg. If i use it its mostly in single target in conjuction with CoP and smite.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited May 2017

It adds 3 charges of bonus radiant dmg to any single target atk like at wills, smite, and bane of all things. I dont know the exact nu.bers but it does do good dmg. If i use it its mostly in single target in conjuction with CoP and smite.

You're a ProtOP, correct? If so, it seems to behave a LOT differently for DevOPs....it doesn't do much of anything for DevOPs.... I appreciate the comment though!
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I tried it and wasn't really impressed. If I'm after a boost to single target damage I'll slot Vow.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

You're a ProtOP, correct? If so, it seems to behave a LOT differently for DevOPs....it doesn't do much of anything for DevOPs.... I appreciate the comment though!
    You are right @rubytrue .

It's a Prot OP power. It only works for primarily single target powers (no Radiant Strike, or Templar's Wrath for example)

I don't have an ACT log to post atm, but I've had max hits of 150k+ with it... and I've not built my OP for DPS by any stretch.

slappdaniel posted some ACT logs with it hitting for 350k+ on heavily debuffed mobs.

I tend to use it when running farm level content (T1&T2 Dungeons, etc)... basically when people are looking to run the dungeon as fast as possible...
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
    It certainly doesn't come anywhere close to the numbers you or slapdaniel report on a DevOP....for us, it does next to nothing.
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    It crits and benefits the most from running with Vorpal and crit build like Draco's. I use it all the time in FBI with Smite/TW or Bane/TW on Hati (for the taunt from distance).
    The problem with Vow is it's 50% capped DR debuff. So good for soloing bosses, but with a group of other 4 people and access to more DR debuffs it's wasted.
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Being single target is not good for an OP in most situations imo so even tho I like Sacred Weapon I don't have a use for it most of the time. That being said if I want to feel powerful I slot CoP, SW, VOW on the protop and my at-will hits like a daily.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I believe Sacred Weapon is 21.25% (15% plus 45% of that amount) bonus damage at 4 points, whereas Vow is 26% (20% plus 30% of that amount).

The difference is with vow you pick a target but with SW it's 5 hits on whoever's in the way - also, I may be wrong but I assume it doesn't work with aoe powers? Most of our powers are aoe.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    edited May 2017
    armadeonx said:

I believe Sacred Weapon is 21.25% (15% plus 45% of that amount) bonus damage at 4 points, whereas Vow is 26% (20% plus 30% of that amount).

The difference is with vow you pick a target but with SW it's 5 hits on whoever's in the way - also, I may be wrong but I assume it doesn't work with aoe powers? Most of our powers are aoe.

Right,

Primary powers to use with it are:
    1. Smite
    2. Shielding Strike / Oath Strike
    3. Divine Judgement
    Also, it's not an either / or.... you could use both Vow and Sacred. I think most folks use CoP thought.... I think the primary advantage of using Scared is a cleaner rotation. As generally you are going to have a cool down with Vow between targets.... which is often while clearing trash.... Now Vow might be a better option on bosses with longer more sustained fights + the extra threat.

Encounters would be:
    • Q - Sacred Weapon
    • E - Smite
    • R - Vow of Enmity
    rubytrue said:

It certainly doesn't come anywhere close to the numbers you or slapdaniel report on a DevOP....for us, it does next to nothing.

My guess, you are not packing as much power or crit as a DevOP. You are also likely (I'm guessing) running in groups without a DC... since you are healing. (Or maybe the DC is in full DPS buff/debuff mode) Or you only are using Scared Weapon while soloing and not hitting mobs with group buffs / benefit of hitting debuffed mobs...

@slappdaniel could verify, but I am sure he is close to 100% crit and likely close to 100k power range (after taking damage). Add in some AA power sharing love...
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
    Question:

Does anyone know off hand if Sacred Weapon removes Purifying Fire? Also does Purifying Fire proc AoC? or is it one at will attack / one AoC Proc?
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Member of Ember Legion
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    SW seems to proc of relentless avenger as well. So two AoE powers that seem to proc it, RA and DJ.
  • slappdanielslappdaniel Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    sadus671 said:

armadeonx said:

Right,

Primary powers to use with it are:
    1. Smite
    2. Shielding Strike / Oath Strike
    3. Divine Judgement
    Also, it's not an either / or.... you could use both Vow and Sacred. I think most folks use CoP thought.... I think the primary advantage of using Scared is a cleaner rotation. As generally you are going to have a cool down with Vow between targets.... which is often while clearing trash.... Now Vow might be a better option on bosses with longer more sustained fights + the extra threat.

Encounters would be:
    • Q - Sacred Weapon
    • E - Smite
    • R - Vow of Enmity
    rubytrue said:

My guess, you are not packing as much power or crit as a DevOP. You are also likely (I'm guessing) running in groups without a DC... since you are healing. (Or maybe the DC is in full DPS buff/debuff mode) Or you only are using Scared Weapon while soloing and not hitting mobs with group buffs / benefit of hitting debuffed mobs...

@slappdaniel could verify, but I am sure he is close to 100% crit and likely close to 100k power range (after taking damage). Add in some AA power sharing love...
    @sadus671 summarized everything pretty good. The insane thing about Sacred Weapon is, that it stacks with itself and works with Divine Judgement. Therefore you can do a lot of damage if you keep this in mind. @rubytrue DevoOP's obviously cant compare their damage to the damage of a ProtOP. Even if a DevoOP gets to 100% crit, you wont do as much damage as a ProtOP, since DevoOP's are missing the 10% Life to Power (which translates at BIS gear to a ~37k power buff at ~250000 life for a ProtOP). Because of the new Loadouts i recently tested the so called Burnadin. Its super fun but it cant compete with the damage of the ProtOP. It also creates hardcore lags if there are to much mobs but its still super fun to see tons of numbers explode all over your screen. Back to the topic of Sacred Weapon... i probably wouldnt even consider using Sacred Weapon for DevoOP since it doesnt really fit in. That being said, i haven't tested Sacred Weapon on a DevoOP myself.
  • zeplin055zeplin055 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I popped off a 2.2 mil divine judgement with it circle of power, bane and judge all nicely stacked up. This is on PS4 with my Devo, I do feel like burning guidance will take away the charges though of the skill.
  • np55np55 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    It's your hardest hitting encounter. Mine hits for over 500K each charge with help from Vow and party buffs. I can even kill ppl in pvp with it! . ..Only if they can stand still for a few seconds. xD

*ProtOP*
    > @np55 said:
    > It's your hardest hitting encounter. Mine hits for over 500K each charge with help from Vow and party buffs. I can even kill ppl in pvp with it! . ..Only if they can stand still for a few seconds. xD
    >
    > *ProtOP*

But it doesn't actually *hit* does it? It just buffs your next three single target attacks, correct? Does anyone how much of a buff it provides?
    It provides an additional hit.
    Odd. I've never seen that additional hit....
    It shows in log as additional hit. And can also crit.
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    It is an additional hit. Its like another damaging encounter added to any 3 single target hits you perform. I havent done any particular testing but I have noticed some things during normal play. Relentless Avengers seems to spend all charges of SW because the pushing effect I think counts as a single hit and it applies the dmg to any 3 mobs you blow away. DJ also spends at least 1 charge of SW. But I love it best on an at will. With CoP an d SW my at will hits very hard.