test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devotion DPS Healadin Stat Prioritization: Crit VS. Recovery

mazdaguy80#8291 mazdaguy80 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited April 2017 in The Citadel
Hey folks,

I currently run the Justice tree, and trying to maximize my damage as much as I can through Boons, Encounters, Feats, etc...

After reading the following thread, I started thinking that I might be prioritizing Crit a little too much, at least, for my current gear level.
https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1230006/perma-sof#latest

So here is my current build, more and less. Currently at work and this was from the top of my head. I'll update it once I get home and have time to do so.

Moderator edited out banned website.
Feats and Powers: http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/op?b=3ck9:1159kmh:fbps:ai5ll,1uij353:1uu547p:1000000:1uu5000&h=1&p=ood&o=28

Anyways, my idea is that I'm putting a little too much focus on Crit at the moment (companion enchants, feats, boons), and instead, I should switch the focus to recovery to try and get my AP gain higher so I can get a 100% uptime on Prism and CoP SoF.

What do you think? Any and all opinions are welcome.
Also, any advice one any other aspect of my build is also welcome...

Do note, I do plan to replace the non-mythic artifacts, when I get suitable replacements. Recommendations?
Post edited by mazdaguy80#8291 on

Comments

• Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Power. And then more power.

Critical is important for ProtOPs (Templar s Wrath), and there are a lot of ways to bring your dailies up faster such as burning set, pets, ap cloaks, etc. Power makes everything hit harder. As a DevOP, on the defensive side, lots-o-hp (and maybe lifesteal if you opt for a Stealadin). Also, get your RI up to 60%. DevOPs really only have one "recharging" encounter-- whatever you pair with Vow and Bond.
  • Options
    Oh, and as a DevOP, don't worry about CoP; it is good, but focus on an encounter that either does damage directly or procs your prism.
  • Options
    veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Preface: Take this post as helpful recommendations not condescending. If you want to talk in-game, you know my account name, feel free to PM me or add me.

So, as you probably already know from looking through that thread as well as other perusing, I like to do my homework in regards to numbers. My suggestion is if you are running as 1 Dev OP in a group and no more, you should be running BL,VoE (Vow), BoV. Period. No questions, no swaps. You have both BG and HW, there is very little excuse mathematically to not run as many heals as you can. BL provides that, at least 9, but it's actually more... So I recommend unequipping CoP it's very likely a DPS loss for you at this point.

As to Crit/non-crit... You don't need 6k Crit. I'm at 5k crit and 4k Recovery and would gladly like to have about 6-7k recovery for the extra AP gain. The biggest hurt for you is your running twisted set. If Minsc was here he would tell Boo 'That is not good at all Boo!'. Really a fire set or the new relic weapons (whatever Sable is running [Oath something?]) are more viable options. Snail mount is good too... But it's expensive so I understand. (I don't have one either...) Running an AP cloak is a 100% must have since you don't have either of the aforementioned. Don't go crazy with Recovery though either. Keep it sane, if it's over 10k it's too much, there are other ways of getting AP gain that don't involve sacrificing that many stat points.

Prism lasts 16 seconds at 4/5. That's a ton of time, you only need to be gaining enough AP to reach 100% AP gain every 16 seconds. I have fire set and 4k recovery, and I manage about a 22 second rotation with correct use of Tab. I'm running a Devoted Sigil, and that is WAY overkill when I pop it, closer to 8 seconds when that thing is running. Perma SOF is not needed. Perma Prism is alot more reasonable to get to though.

Less crit, a bit more recovery, swap out that talisman on the companion. Sable has been talking my ear off about Lifesteal, but the more I dig into it, the more I find that it's a viable option, although certainly no more important than say ArpPen or Recovery. There's a sweet spot for every stat, don't go hog wild on 1 thing, even power.

Still not clear? Contact me in-game we can probably get a lot more in-depth quicker than me typing out massive walls of text for the next hour :)
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I just looked at your build; you have a really solid setup. You might change from Twisted to the Burning Set (not a killer if you don't; farming it kind of sucks--you need those wands to guarantee the motes---new Fey Artifact weapon in River District gives AP gain on encounter use every 30 seconds) or pick up a mount with an AP gain bonus (there are several epics that do this). Really, with what we (read: veywiil) found is that if you run Vow, (edit: Bond) you will, in all likelihood proc Vengeful Judge at least once, probably multiple times during your Prism window. You see Vengeful Judge fly up, hit tab and you get 35% cooldown +5% AP. Here's the reality: You've taken Lighttouched, and with Bond and Vow, you'll be healing like crazy so your Dailies should come up pretty fast no matter what.

Veywiil is a BL kind of guy, me? I'm partial to Divine Touch; it recharges really fast, and has a crazy heal attached to it. (And it doesn't get interrupted.)

As it stands now, your iLevel is about 80 points higher than mine. You're good to go.

In groups, my set up is:

At wills: Radiant, Oath
    Encounters: Vow, Bond, Divine Touch
    Dailies: SoF, Divine Justice
    Features: AoWisdom, AoCourage

90% of my solo:
    Encounters: TW, BL, DT

Frost Giants and stuff like that (solo):
    Encounters: Vow, Relentless Avenger, Smite

Orcus:
    Encounters: Vow, Banishment, Bane
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for all the input. It's much appreciated.

Before I reply, a little anecdote, before I came along, my alliance looked down upon us Devotion OPs. Fast forward a few month forward, and 4 other OPs in my alliance have changed their build to reflect mine. Loving it. Last night, I had over 155m in a nSVA run. :smile:

A few clarifications and my areas of focus:

1. When I said CoP, I made a mistake. I meant SoF. I'm aiming for a 100% on SoF, so enough AP gain to be able to get a daily in every 12 seconds, without a buff GF or DC. My AP gain right now, standing still is 49.7%. When you throw in Artificer's Influence/Persuasion and Ring of Focus stacks, it goes up to around 60%. Someone mentioned perma SoF is not needed, but when trying to run some of the harder content without a DC, it definitely helps. (ie. SVA, FBI) And who doesn't want to be able to daily every 12seconds?

2. I had the Burning Set but replaced it with Twisted set. I know the set bonus from Burning Set is pretty good, but I replaced it since my AP gain was at a point where I didn't need it anymore. In addition, in regards to the Twisted Set bonus, at first I was worried the Paranoia stacks would end up being higher than my Bloodlust stacks, but after running it for at least a month now, I can confirm that this is not in case, and I have Bloodlust almost always maxed at 24 stacks. The only time I don't see this is when I'm running with PUGs and tanks that can't hold aggro.

3. I was working on my relic set and will probably eventually get it... almost there actually... but my eventual goal, is to get the Feywild set, as you have already recommended.

4. I respecced last night and upgraded a few enchantments. I now sit at 3114 ilvl (vonin empowered + overloads). I've updated the my gear (not posting the link since that site is banned) and build to a more accurate representation of my character (some of my enchantments were wrong). It's still off by a bit on the banned website (shows 3093, but I'm at 3114).

5. I'm looking to replace the Sigil of the Great Weapon and Sigil of the Oathbound to something that fits my build a bit better. I was thinking of maybe putting in a Sigil of the Hunter (Power, Recovery, Stamina gain) and Wheel of Elements.

6. Also, not sure about my companions.. I keep switching my 5th (Energon) and testing others. I've tested with a 4th archon (water), the Repentant Cultist (was lucky enough to get one)... Was thinking of putting in a Con-Artist/Sellsword/other debuffing companion and making it my active. I also have a Lillend, would her active proc my boons? What about the Astral Deva's active? Young Yeti? Siegemaster? Another Sprite (Flame or Ice)? Ugh... so many options.

7. When talking about Crit vs. Recovery? Does anyone know if the boons can crit? Aura of Courage? If the answer is yes to either of those, then Crit is definitely a valuable stat. I thought I saw the boons crit the other night, but I think it was actually BL that was critting. Can someone confirm?

8. Finally, a few things about how I run my Pally. You'll notice, I already run it very similar to what the recommendations have been.

I always have VoE and BoV slotted, even when soloing.
    Note: Reason I solo with these is 1) for the 30% dmg increase, 2) My companion triggers my boons, and shared healing, increasing my survivability. I have no problem soloing 4-5 giants in SoMI. :wink:

My 3rd encounter switches depending on the situations:

Soloing, Dungeon trash. Dungeon bosses with lots of adds: Blinding Light
    Single Target Bosses: Bane. I will also run use CoP (for the 30% dmg donus) if another pally is running Bane.

I always run Courage and Wisdom for my auras, and switch out Courage for Truth or Life if another pally in the group as they tend to run Courage too.

Also, I'm aiming for 55% RI since, Radiant Strike gives us an extra 5%... am I wrong in going for this?

Anyways, all good info so far. Thanks so much for the feedback. Will look to probably replacing my mount bonus in the immediate future, and replace my companion's talisman. I'm on PS4 and we didn't have much options until mod 11. Will be grinding the HAMSTER out of IG.
  • Options
    sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User

Thanks for all the input. It's much appreciated.

5. I'm looking to replace the Sigil of the Great Weapon and Sigil of the Oathbound to something that fits my build a bit better. I was thinking of maybe putting in a Sigil of the Hunter (Power, Recovery, Stamina gain) and Wheel of Elements.

6. Also, not sure about my companions.. I keep switching my 5th (Energon) and testing others. I've tested with a 4th archon (water), the Repentant Cultist (was lucky enough to get one)... Was thinking of putting in a Con-Artist/Sellsword/other debuffing companion and making it my active. I also have a Lillend, would her active proc my boons? What about the Astral Deva's active? Young Yeti? Siegemaster? Another Sprite (Flame or Ice)? Ugh... so many options.

Also, I'm aiming for 55% RI since, Radiant Strike gives us an extra 5%... am I wrong in going for this?

Little Feedback:

#5 - I might recommend (if you are not worried about always using 4k hps Artifacts.. which it seems you are not) Symbol of Air (1k Pwr & Rec, 600 Mve) and Fire (1k Pwr & Def, 600 Rec) as good artifact replacements. Symbol of Earth is also good for OP's with 4k hps and 1k Arm Pen. You didn't mention your typical Active Artifact, I'm assuming Sigil of Devotion?

#6 - I currently run the following Companions when running my OP as Dev. / Rebel Merc. (Active), Earth & Air Archon, Fire & Ice Sprites. I also have Sylph that I sometimes sub for one of the Archons, but I'm not going to assume ppl have that Pack Purchased.

I wouldn't be too worried about the 5% Arm Pen... you'll never be in the race for the DPS (also only some bosses even need the 60%... trash is like 45% or less)... so get it to 60... as gear allows... don't make any sacrifices to get there..

-= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
  • Options
    Since you are running both of the Artificer's bonuses, you might want to consider one of the Heart of Dragon artifacts as your active artifact. I run Heart of the Black Dragon at mythic; it provides 1K ArP; 1K Recovery; 600 AP gain-->here's the kicker; if you activate it and miss your target (I do it on purpose) it's cooldown is reduced to 15 seconds making your Artificer's, in effect, close to perma. (If you do hit your target, it is a one minute cooldown, but the Black Dragon artifact has an awesome debuff.)
  • Options
    In regards to Artifacts... I did look into using a "Heart of the Dragon" artifact, to get a 100% uptime on my Artificer bonuses... would just be an additional thing to add into my regular rotation...

It would also mean I would lose the Sigil of the Devoted... I currently run it as my active, and if I don't run it as my active, then, it might be better for me to replace with an artifact with stats that correspond more with build.

I'll look at the artifacts that have at least 2 of: Power, Recovery, ArPen, HP, AP gain

I did look into the Symbol of Fire before, but it was beyond my reach at the time. I might revisit this option.

Thanks for the tips.
  • Options
    hawkblaze1954#5209 hawkblaze1954 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Would the mirage set work with proccing prism/healing warmth/burning guidance etc,etc..? Guessing that these entities are classed as "allies", although heard some reports that the die quick so? Kinda hesitant to diverge from acquiring the Fey set to test this
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I think Fey is the sure bet - generally with these type of 'minions' they have very little HP and die in 1 or 2 hits.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    hawkblaze1954#5209 hawkblaze1954 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Easy content and soloing would definitely be a lot worse than fey. I was thinking of 3-5 man group content. A 10 second up time (of 30 seconds) of 3 "illusions" might trigger proccing prism/healing warmth/burning guidance etc,etc..? resulting in more DPS and healing? Oh also forgot to throw in bond of virtue as well.
  • Options

Easy content and soloing would definitely be a lot worse than fey. I was thinking of 3-5 man group content. A 10 second up time (of 30 seconds) of 3 "illusions" might trigger proccing prism/healing warmth/burning guidance etc,etc..? resulting in more DPS and healing? Oh also forgot to throw in bond of virtue as well.

That is actually a really interesting idea; furthermore, the healing from a DevOP might actually keep them alive a bit longer, I would think....
  • Options
    mcfly#2257 mcfly Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

I just looked at your build; you have a really solid setup...

Maybe it's a stupid question but can you explain how you can see someones build?
  • Options
    isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Everyone plays differently and does things differently. I personally believe recovery is useless for a Healadin,because if you spec correctly your encounters are already sitting at 2-3 second cooldowns. Plus with the feat that gives you AP gain from healing spells... Do I really need to explain this one lol? In combat I am sitting around 58-60kPower 15k Critical Strike 6k Armor pen(need to get it to at least 8-9k) Critical strike is very important as it not only increases your heals(not that important) but your damage output overall.