test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Good Enchants For Buff GF?

lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
Hi,

I currently have a Pure Plague Fire on my GF, but the DC I run with most often also has one of those. I need to upgrade my enchant on my DC so I'm thinking of moving the Pure PF to my DC and then getting a new enchant for my GF.

Given that I don't want a Plague Fire and also not looking for DPS, more for Debuff what is a decent Enchant to use.

Terror?

Frost?

From what I have read, Frost doesn't proc crushing pin (if it does, this would be my choice)

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Neither Plague nor Frost proc Crushing Pin. You can proc Crushing Pin with a variety of powers, the most popular around being Guarded Assault + Offhand, Terrifying Menace, or Griffon's Wrath. Unusually, Chromatic Storm Lightning and Aura of Despair both proc Crushing Pin on targets affected.

If you can handle constantly passing your Plaguefire, then there's no reason to buy another debuff enchant.
    If you're lazy and just prefer to swap characters, I would personally put the Plague on your DC and buy a Pure/Trans Frost on your GF. The Frost has to be pure/trans, otherwise you don't get the debuff.

Frost is just nice all around, although the debuff uptime is sketchy. Plaguefire technically has a better debuff uptime, but takes a bit more work to keep up the debuff.

Terror is just... terrorble. The only reason you'd want it on a GF is for PvP or for the debuff which reduces enemy damage. If you're trying to reduce enemy damage, you might as well pick up the king of enemy damage reduction, a Trans Fey. Terror has an offensive debuff, but it's not very good by virtue of being a capped debuff.

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Thnx for that.

The main reason for swapping out the PF is because the DC I run with also has one, so its a waste of a debuff.

I think I might go for a Pure / Trans Frost.

On a side note - I do have a Trans Vorp on a DPS toon that I don't play that much, so that is an option, maybe for a dual spec GF when loadouts hit?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Vorpal is the DPS GF's best weapon enchantment.

Unless you're only looking at Crescendo and ET, which, in that case, would be Flaming.