test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC/PS4/XBOX] Feedback: "Stealable" or "Griefable" Quest Objectives

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited October 2016 in PvE Discussion
Please let us know what quest objectives you encounter that are able to be "stolen" or otherwise "griefable" by other players. We will provide this thread as constructive feedback for the developers. Please do not take this as a sign that things will change, only that the Community Staff has seen a large amount of players (forum relatively speaking) report or make comments and feedback on such activities.

When reporting quest objectives that are "stealable" or otherwise "griefable," please stick to the following template for your reports. Also, please do use the Official Wiki to locate the specific quest you're referring to and include the link to the quest listing there.

For those who can post in HTML:
<b class="Bold">Platform:</b> text here <b class="Bold">Name of Zone:</b> text here <b class="Bold">Quest's Full Name:</b> text here <b class="Bold">Link to Quest on Wiki:</b> text here <b class="Bold">Objective of the Quest:</b> text here <b class="Bold">Detailed Description of the Issue:</b> text here

For those who can post in BB Code:
[b]Platform:[/b] text here [b]Name of Zone:[/b] text here [b]Quest's Full Name:[/b] text here [b]Link to Quest on Wiki:[/b] text here [b]Objective of the Quest:[/b] text here [b]Detailed Description of the Issue:[/b] text here

Example (this is not an actual quest):

Platform: PC, PS4, and XBOX
Name of Zone: Zebular's Library
Quest's Full Name: Find the Lost Tome of Time!
Link to Quest on Wiki: fppt://werethisanactualquest.thisurlwouldbereal.lol
Objective of the Quest: Obtain pages from the Tome of Time (0/633)
Detailed Description of the Issue: After killing the Flatulent Imp that spawns while approaching a Page, a player can run in and try to loot the page you cleared. This will cause another stinking Flatulent Imp to spawn, disrupting your interaction with the Page and sometimes allowing the player to loot it before you, making you have to wait for it to respawn and kill another staunchy Flatulent Imp...

Comments

• akta#9913 akta Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Ps4 : Malabogs gate in sharandar: calm and assertive: baiting and petting the portal hounds...whoever pets the hound gets the credit for the task
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    PS4
    Dread Ring
    Arcane Sight
    Link to Quest on Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Arcane_Sight
    Objective of the Quest: Dispel Illusory walls to reveal caches, destroy caches.

Detailed Description of the Issue: You can dispel the wall and then go in to destroy the cache, however if you are still in combat someone else can come and destroy the cache, returning the wall to it's original location. If you happen to be standing there (fighting), the wall will reappear locking your character behind the wall where you are perpetually in combat and can neither remove the wall, destroy the cache, fight the monsters or leave. The only option is "defeat me"
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Platform: PC
    Name of Zone: Sharandar: Realm of Malabog
    Quest's Full Name: Bearing Arms
    Link to Quest on Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Bearing_Arms
    Objective of the Quest: Free guardians from plant pods, arm them and defeat the redcap ambush (or run away before they engage you)
    Detailed Description of the Issue: Both the pod and the guardian require you to be out of combat to interact. It's possible for other players to open the pod and arm the guardian while you are still in combat with the mobs that guard the pod.

Quest's Full Name: Patching Things Up
    Link to Quest on Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Patching_Things_Up
    Objective of the Quest: Collect vital sap from thorns and then use the vital sap to heal dryads.
    Detailed Description of the Issue: The dryad interaction is stealable. Each of the dryads is protected by a group of enemies. It's possible for other players to interact with the dryad/tree while you are fighting these enemies.
    akta#9913 said:

Ps4 : Malabogs gate in sharandar: calm and assertive: baiting and petting the portal hounds...whoever pets the hound gets the credit for the task

I'm fairly certain that if you stand closeby the hound while someone else pets it you get credit (has been this was on PC for a long time). Multiple people are also allowed to pet each hound, provided they start their interactions in time.

Name of Zone: Rothé Valley
    Quest's Full Name: Bottled lightning
    Link to Quest on Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Bottled_Lightning
    Objective of the Quest: Sabotage charged lightning jars
    Detailed Description of the Issue: The lightning jars are stealable and have an annoying long respawn timer. But there are a lot of them so it's usually just an inconvenience.

Name of Zone: Well of Dragons
    Quest's Full Name: Collect Thayan Cult Gear (I can't remember the quest name?)
    Link to Quest on Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Well_of_Dragons this exact quest doesn't have a page
    Objective of the Quest: Collect Thayan Cult Gear from backpacks or drops from thayan wizards.
    Detailed Description of the Issue: The backpacks are stealable, and because they are guarded by large groups of enemies it's pretty common for thieves to steal a backpack or both before you finish combat.

Name of Zone: Ice Wind Dale: Ice Wind Pass
    Quest's Full Name: Lost on the Pass
    Link to Quest on Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Lost_on_the_Pass
    Objective of the Quest: Collect fish skulls (?) and rescue terrified caravan survivors.
    Detailed Description of the Issue: The fish skulls drop from mobs, but are also available as interactable nodes. The nodes are stealable. I believe that the terrified caravan survivors trigger rescue for anyone nearby, but the radius is small (and possibly inconsistent) so especially with bears/yetis knocking me around I often get this one stolen out from underneath me.

Name of Zone: Ice Wind Dale: Dwarven Valley
    Quest's Full Name: Plugging Holes
    Link to Quest on Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Plugging_Holes
    Objective of the Quest: Collapse mine shafts.
    Detailed Description of the Issue: The mine shafts are stealable, and protected by sizable groups of enemies. Moreover, the enemies respawn very soon after the quest interaction, so it's possible for other players to steal your node and dump a 2nd set of enemies on you while they ride away snickering.

Name of Zone: Ice Wind Dale: Dwarven Valley
    Quest's Full Name: Dwarf Stew
    Link to Quest on Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dwarf_Stew
    Objective of the Quest: Free dwarf captives, knock over troll cauldron.
    Detailed Description of the Issue: Both the dwarf captives and the troll cauldron is stealable. And both protected by large groups of enemies in close proximity to other enemy locations (so it's easy for someone to pull several groups onto you and then collect the nodes while you deal with it).

@zebular I don't to muddy this thread up, but I think another similar problem is quests that have a very small number of target mobs to kill on relatively long respawn timers (like deathclock wights in DV, for instance). It's not the same griefing per se, but it's similarly annoying when you see someone run in and mow down your target as you're approaching.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    FYI both 'Calm and Assertive' and 'Bearing Arms' give credit if you are in close proximity to the player interacting with the portal hound or NPC from the pod.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    lirithiel said:

FYI both 'Calm and Assertive' and 'Bearing Arms' give credit if you are in close proximity to the player interacting with the portal hound or NPC from the pod.

I'm confidently in agreement about Calm and Assertive, but I've tried many times to get this to work for Bearing Arms and I keep not getting credit. It'll definitely share it if you're closeby and in a party, but I haven't been able to get it to credit a stranger's interaction to me.

I can go and try again, I'm running Sharandar for the power points on a new toon anyway. Will update if I find that you are correct about Bearing Arms as well.

PS: My above list was from memory so apologies if I forgot something / got something wrong. I also haven't really been doing dailies in IWD in a really long time, so it's possible that some of these have been fixed (but really unlikely, given the focus of recent updates)

• Platform: PS4
    Quest's Full Name: Reclaiming the Hoard
    Link to Quest on Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Reclaiming_the_Hoard
    Objective of the Quest: Return Dragon Hoard Coffers (15)
    Detailed Description of the Issue: Some people walk around the demonic encounters in the well of dragons not fighting and just picking up dragon hoard quests, these should pop for individual players only and not for the map.

Platform: PS4
    Quest's Full Name: Captive Rescue
    Link to Quest on Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Captive_Rescue&action=edit&redlink=1
    Objective of the Quest: Free captives
    Detailed Description of the Issue: People can free the captives while you're fighting the group surrounding them
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Quest's Full Name: Patching Things Up
    Link to Quest on Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Patching_Things_Up
    Objective of the Quest: Collect vital sap from thorns and then use the vital sap to heal dryads.
    Detailed Description of the Issue: I was fighting the enemies near the Dryads and had a person following me. Every time I engaged the enemies this person would run in and steal the Dryad. This also happened with picking up the Vital sap off of the trees (same person).

I know this one was posted before but I wanted to confirm it on this platform as well.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Good thread idea. I'll try to remember to update if I run across anything that hasn't been written up. And thank you very much for providing the format templates in the OP. More people would color-code their preview feedback if they didn't have to struggle with the tags to do it right.

Captive Rescue does award for proximity (but if you get knocked away by the White dragon cultist, too bad so sad). I think a major problem with quests that do ostensibly award for proximity is their small radius.

Name of Zone: Cold Run
    Quest's Full Name: Pilfer and Plunder (I might be wrong about this and will edit if I have the incorrect name)
    Link to Quest on Wiki: n/a
    Objective of the Quest: Collect food supplies from giants
    Detailed Description of the Issue: The food from this quest can be looted from defeated giants (apparently any giants in the vicinity of the boats, not just the ones guarding food) and from respawning nodes styled as a pile of meat and a keg. One type of node is a shared objective and the other can be griefed. I'm sorry, but it's been a long time since this happened and I don't recall which and can't find my original post about it. The respawn timer for both is fairly short, so the quest is not as annoying as it could be, since by waiting around, you can grab both a couple of times before the guard respawns.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Great threads topic.
    My grief /thief points have already been posted.

Until these problem are fixed, it's important to share the most common temporary fix:

If your quests are being robbed, immediately CHANGE INSTANCE.
    Change to an empty or least populated instance.

It is highly unlikely that the old thief will follow you or that you will run into a new thief.

This works almost every time.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    That never even occurred to me. I usually get my wizard kills in the lairs, or while running the one quest to kill 3 illusionists. Interesting point.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• hartrek#9713 hartrek Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Not a quest per se, though somehow necessary for the daily quest of Arcane Brotherhood in Icewind Dale.
    Get 200 (or was it 300) unprocessed black ice. Black ice nodes are very limited and often you have to eliminate some mobs around them. There is no way to prevent that someone can farm the node at least to a certain level if they are around since you yourself need several (was it three?) times to farm them.
    Gáleah Elóthanil  Female Sun Elf CW 70 2500
    Hartrek Runemaster Male  Dwarf  GF 70 2300
    Faeruil  Female Drow  TR 70 1600
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It's 300 for the quest and most nodes give 150. Need For Mead yields 275 to 325 BI, meaning at worst doing a small HE (encounter completed) gives you 35 more, completing the task. Otherwise your best bet is to go somewhere off the beaten path, like the area where the Corrupted Bears spawn or the far side of the barbarian camp and find nodes that people won't normally be using. If you have unlocked Dwarf Valley, at least on PC the undead area is usually devoid of players for the most part and usually has a number of nodes available.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited October 2016
    I was reminded of a long-standing issue this past weeked while running some ToD missions.

Name of Zone: Neverdeath Graveyard
    Quest's Full Name: Dead Men Do Tell Tales (Tyranny of Dragons daily)
    Link to Quest on Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dead_Men_Do_Tell_Tales
    Objective of the Quest: disrupt rituals and/or break summoning circles
    Detailed Description of the Issue: Once upon a time, killing the dragon took long enough that cultist rituals would spawn all around you and you'd get in your disruptions from fending the cultists off as adds in the HE, if nothing else. These days, if you've got level 70s rampaging through the area, everything gets one-shotted, including the dragon (nearly). The summoning circles only give credit to the player who interacts with them (unless partied), and their respawn is irritatingly slow. Circles should award for proximity in a radius slightly larger than the area of the circle itself, because it's possible to get knocked away or rooted off it, and because it's better to give credit to someone automatically even if they weren't technically involved in the fight, than to rob them of credit unfairly.

Not a ninja-able objective, but a related issue

Name of Zone: Dwarven Valley
    Quest's Full Name: Atonement
    Link to Quest on Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Atonement
    Objective of the Quest: recover corrupted idols from trolls
    Detailed Description of the Issue: This quest has been patched several times to deal with griefing issues, and is not currently griefable (objective was finally just made shared, thank goodness), but has a leftover problem. One of the earlier attempts at fixing the quest made the objectives respawn faster, which included the packs of trolls. Now you don't need to wait for the objective to respawn, but the trolls still respawn so quickly that it's frequently impossible to collect all your loot before needing to fight another group of trolls (but you can't collect the same idol again). Mining a black ice node near one of these idols is out of the question unless you're willing to fight a group of trolls in between each interaction. Better to allow players to more often get lucky with an unguarded idol than make them fight so many excessive trolls. We get trolled enough.

One point to the topic in general, I think most of the issues with Elminster's Jubilee dailies were corrected, at least to make the non-shareable objectives reset quickly. I'm just not totally sure. Beachcombing was the worst one, and I know they fixed that.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    You can add the Lonelywood quest, Making the rounds to the list.

While technically not stealable, as no combat is involved. Once interacted with, the sick townsfolk vanish and their respawn time is far too long. So you end up with a situation where people race each other spamming F in the hopes they get it first.

They either need to respawn much faster or allow everyone near the NPC to get credit.

You can add the Lonelywood quest, Making the rounds to the list.

While technically not stealable, as no combat is involved. Once interacted with, the sick townsfolk vanish and their respawn time is far too long. So you end up with a situation where people race each other spamming F in the hopes they get it first.

They either need to respawn much faster or allow everyone near the NPC to get credit.

This quest is an odd case because every townsperson that gets treated seems to be replaced with an NPC in another location (which is apparently the same mechanic they use for the relic nodes). So they're already on an instantaneous respawn, but you still have to hunt around for them. It can go very quickly... or not. The map oval is also drawn too large, and while logic suggests sick townsfolk are not out lying in the woods to be devoured by wolves, it's a touch misleading.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited October 2016
    Seconding Atomement. I made the mistake of going after that one BI node (closest trolls to the forge building) and it was only sheer obstinacy in my part that led me to finishing it off, well that and hating to come across a partially worked node. Not going to do that to someone else. I would also say that Maker's Mark mobs respawning is annoying even if that is likely to be intended.

As far as Dead Men..., you do get credit for each group of mobs that you fight around the ghosts. I had someone ninja a ghost from me this weekend, (but I returned the favor) but it is still possible to make progress on the quest.

Regarding Making the Rounds, the oval should really be thinner AND longer as you can find sick NPCs outside the blue area lengthwise.
    pitshade said:

As far as Dead Men..., you do get credit for each group of mobs that you fight around the ghosts. I had someone ninja a ghost from me this weekend, (but I returned the favor) but it is still possible to make progress on the quest.

No contradiction from me that you get credit if you manage to whack a cultist, but even this can be awkward for lowbie players. My 70s can one-shot an entire group with an AoE. Other peoples' 70s are no different. I try not to if others are running around, but game encourages finishing each daily ASAP because so. many. dailies. What is courtesy even?

There are 6 circles total, which means that if you hit the ideal situation of getting both cultists and ghost from each, you can finish in 3. Seldom works out that way, and the cultists respawn at the same time as the ghosts. As usual, moving to a low-pop instance is often your best bet for getting the job done, but dang it's irritating to have to do that all the time.

Neverwinter Census 2017

The closest campfire is outside the ToD area as well, meaning a lower level character has to run the gauntlet again to get back to where the circles are.
  • Platform: PS4
    Quest's Full Name: I think it's called Fool's Gold
    Link to Quest on Wiki: No link
    Objective of the Quest: Replace chests with mimics
    Detailed Description of the Issue: Other players camp the chest while you're fighting the mob guarding it, then steal it at the end. Also part of this quest is overlapping a heroic encounter, so it can really be a struggle of a battle to lose the chest over.

Quest's Full Name: I think it's called Fool's Gold
    Link to Quest on Wiki: No link
    Objective of the Quest: Replace chests with mimics
    Detailed Description of the Issue: Other players camp the chest while you're fighting the mob guarding it, then steal it at the end. Also part of this quest is overlapping a heroic encounter, so it can really be a struggle of a battle to lose the chest over.

@fizgigtiznalkie#4436

The chests are on a fast respawn (significantly faster than the mobs respawn), and there are two that are totally unguarded and one that is unguarded as long as the Thwarting Sacrifices HE is not up (the other possible HEs at this location have a tiny aggro radius). The quest is possible to complete without fighting anything at all with a little patience and taking care of your pathing and monster sight lines. I would not call this one a priority for any kind of changes.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• It should still be like Sharandar freeing/arming the guards where you get credit if you're close so you don't have to sit there and camp chests for 10 minutes and hope nobody swoops in and steals it. Or like breaking the orbs in Sharandar or destroying the caches in the dread ring where everyone has their own set of chests.

If other players drop off the boxes or roof between you and the chest when it spawns you end up selecting the other player instead of the chest, it happened to me a few times on both the one next to the cliff and the one in the white tent across from the cliff and big mob.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Name of Zone: Sea of Moving Ice
    Quest's Full Name: Abominations
    Link to Quest on Wiki: N/A
    Objective of the Quest: Defeat 10 Runechanged Trolls
    Detailed Description of the Issue: Each Runechanged Troll has to be killed before it explodes, while killing or avoiding the pack of trolls surrounding him. If you fail to kill the runechanged troll in time and are in the explosion area, you lose most health or die, depending on defenses/hit points. A player can reduce health of the runechanged troll and fight off or kill all of the surrounding group, while another player can run up and deal the kill shot and steal the kill.

You should get credit for a kill if you've engaged with the troll prior to its death.

The quest has been changed, and now you do get credit for a kill if someone else deals the kill shot.
    Post edited by blackjackwidow on
    People are now killing only the runecharged trolls, and like the Red Wizards, the quest target doesn't respawn as long as the pack isn't cleared.
  • bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Name of Zone: Vellosk,Skyhold,Hotenow,Caverns
    Quest's Full Name: [Explorer's Chart: Vellosk] [Explorer's Chart: Skyhold] [Explorer's Chart: Hotenow] [Explorer's Chart: Caverns]
    Link to Quest on Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Masterwork_Professions
    Objective of the Quest: Go to Vellosk,Skyhold,Hotenow,Caverns and Gather Untapped Resources.
    Detailed Description of the Issue:
    First this has been a problem from day one that mastercrafting was introduced.
    basically each node only resets once it is emptied by anouther player, and the problem with that is that each node contains 3 possible resources of which only one is valuable on the auction house,that means that people are running round open each node but NOT emptying it unless it contains one of the valuable resources.
    IF someone like me comes along and empties each node to reset them by the time i open a new explorers chart and return to all the nodes other players have already looted them of valuable resources leaving them once again only containing the low value rubbish resources.
    The players that are unfairly looting the nodes are clearly obvious on the AH cause theyre the ones selling huge quantities of these valuable resources while everyone else is wasting large amounts of guild marks on maps and only getting rubbish!
    This is only possible becuase the contents only reset once someone empties it ,frankly it should be a random roll for each player that intertacts with the node,and once rolled for a player it doesnt reset FOR THAT PLAYER till they empty it,meanwhile other players will get a new random roll each time they empty the node.
    Sadly mastercrafting is all but dead now and unscrupulious players have made a large profit by simply running along behind other players that are emptying nodes and only taking the valuables when each node resets.
    Now i and others already spoke out about this problem on these forums when mastercrafting started and its still not fixed ...you fixed normal loot nodes tho to stop bots its about time you put a stop to the resource thieves!!

Just had a better idea: as a mastercrafter im sick of running round thoose zones cause it takes way to long to collect resources anyway (and only get the ones i dont need anyway),and i have over 30+ maps sitting on my main toon unused for that reason.
    So why not do away with the maps altogether,youre toon has to be in a guild to buy maps with guild marks so why not just change it so we buy the resources with guild marks in the stronghold at the vendor??.
    Those with the explorers boon that currently gives double resources from each node will simply get a 50% discount on the guild mark cost of each resource,
    and then when there is a double proffesion event everyone would get 50% off while thoose with explorers boon get 75% off.
    This would make it fair noone can steal the valuable resources from us,and at the same time eliminate the vast amount of wasted time running round old zones.Time is a resource most of us players do not have enough of to do the new content, dalies,and run round collecting resources.And this is also a reason contribution to the guild coffers have suffered because people dont want to spend guild marks on resources to sell because most dont want to run around old zones just for 6 resources.
    So instead they dont bother making an effort contributing to the coffer to earn more guild marks and dont need guild marks once they have the best gear anyway.
    Post edited by bronto111 on
  • lordrandall#5829 lordrandall Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Quest's Full Name: Fetch Quest
    Objective of the Quest: Wolf spirit will reveal spots to dig for Dragon Bones. Collect the bones to complete.
    Detailed Description of the Issue: Other players will follow you around and dig while you are occupied with enemies near the dig sites. They often don't have a wolf of their own, my guess is the Spirit timed out, and they don't know you can go get another.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Name of Zone: River District
    Quest's Full Name: Increase Security in area
    Objective of the Quest: clear a dig site of attacking monsters, buy guards to defend the dig site

Players who did not participate in combat can rush to the dig site and pay for the upgrades, removing the possibility the dig site cleaner can do so. This makes clearing a dig site very unattractive.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Platform: All platforms
    Name of Zone: Icewind Pass/Dwarven Valley, Well of Dragons, Dread Ring
    Quest's Full Name: Icewind Dale: Demon Hunting, Well of Dragons: Demon Hunting, Dread Ring: Demon Hunting
    Link to Quest on Wiki: Icewind Dale: Demon Hunting Well of Dragons: Demon Hunting Dread Ring: Demon Hunting
    Objective of the Quest: Complete Demonic Heroic Encounters in (insert zone name) (3)
    Detailed Description of the Issue: Players often stand around within the Demonic encounter and not participate which increases the difficulty of the mobs though the additional difficulty is not compensated by damage from the AFK players.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I didn't notice that this thread almost qualifies for Zombie list, but still good information. I guess it was resurrected due to the new content having similar issues.

I would like to keep it at the top, since after doing the Sharandar Weekend these issues were all still present, and in a few weeks i believe the IWD event will be available. I don't believe those issues have been fixed either. I don't run into the issues to often in DR, but I will attest to those listed for the Well of Dragons (Becky did mention the method for the Fool's Gold, so not really a problem for that one, and Captives--there are so many captives--that shouldn't be an issue either, especially if you are doing the Torturer quest at the same time. I think you need more of those than captives).
    dupeks said:

lirithiel said:

I'm confidently in agreement about Calm and Assertive, but I've tried many times to get this to work for Bearing Arms and I keep not getting credit. It'll definitely share it if you're closeby and in a party, but I haven't been able to get it to credit a stranger's interaction to me.
    I have never had any luck with Calm and Assertive giving credit when you stand there, but have had it 'stolen' frequently. I have had very good luck with Bearing Arms providing a 'group' credit. I think it has to do with the timing of the event--If you are there at the 'Arming' stage for the Elven Scout, you seem to get credit even if you don't arm the scout yourself, but just because you are there in attendance for the Portal Hound, it doesn't work. I think you have to begin petting the hound at the same time or just after the other person to get the credit. Does that sound right?

Do you know how to get group credit for the Patching Things Up? That one appears to be stolen frequently, and it doesn't seem to provide multiple credit. I can't even remember how frequently i ran around with those powries chasing me while I looked for a druid/tree in trouble. :( I guess I should change instances more often.

While annoying, at least Sharandar is very easy to kill mobs. I also agree with your points in IWD and WOD--those mobs hit harder and can cause much more grief when you get 'robbed'.

Thanks Zeb for providing the format/list.

The thread is stickied, so I doubt anyone will call necro.

Patching Things Up has been an issue since the first players unlocked Realm of Malabog at the start of Mod 1. Those mobs weren't that easy then either. As I believe has been mentioned, doing the quest on 'Off' days or in an empty instance are the only solutions.