test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What should neverwinter become?

radesouza78radesouza78 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Hey all, this is Rafael and I truly believe that nw should become spelljammer. We need to prepare everybody for the future, which is very important.

Comments

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I say remove the 'never' and turn it into a ski resort. I want percents of the profits for the idea.
    Post edited by micky1p00 on
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I say remove the 'winter' and we just run POM all day.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    I have no idea what this thread is about...
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Spell jammer could be a cool stand-alone NW spinoff. Very Trippy.
    But not sure about a Spelljammer mod working with this engine.
    Most of Spelljammer is space-faring, 3D combat.
    NW game engine and combat mechanics are extremely 2 Dimensional.
    Try casting Icey Terrain on a staircase if you don't believe me.
    But a new Spell jammer FTP MMO? Maybe.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    @magenubbie. Have to agree with you there... Ravenloft is basicly a prison with NO escape unless via some spectacular performance to please the Dark Powers which hold sway over the domain,,,, that being said,, DDO has announced that one of its upcoming expansions will be into Ravenloft... whether or not this will be good or not remains to be seen,, being a huge Ravenloft fan since mod I6 from 1st Ed pnp... I hope and pray they do a good job with it
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    It should become a movie... Like WoW... With me as the hero. =)
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    radesouza78radesouza78 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well, there are many improvements possible for this game. I see a long future, if not a sequel from the same company (cryptic)... Thanks for he who called my attention for the publisher story and let us pour ideas on the future of the game, maybe cryptic listen to us... ah, ravenloft would be a blast too...
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Be realistic. There are real limits to the directions the game can take simply because of licensing/contractual issues - you can do only what the IP owner allows you do do - if they say "no" to other settings, that is simply not going to happen.

What I would like to see is some massive effort put into the Foundry, but unfortunately that is very unlikely to happen.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Go home, Che... your drunk.
  • Options
    thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    I'm more of a D&D fan than I am a Forgotten Realms fan. The Forgotten Realms was made humungous with the idea of, "Let's put every single Earth culture that ever existed and a bunch of theoretical ones too on a big map and sell lots of campaign books." So really it's rather generic. But R A Salvatore happened to write a book featuring, at the time, a groundbreaking character that caught on in the mainstream. It basically killed all the other settings or relegated them to a niche.

I would love to see Neverwinter turned into the city of Tyr and the entire setting turned into Dark Sun, the most epic setting of all time! What's not to love about a land that's been decimated by life draining magic and lacks basic resources, is run by tyrannical sorcerer kings, 1 for each free city, where magic is illegal because of said sorcerer kings jealously guarding their power and where all the races have been culturally twisted by the apocalyptic nightmare the land has become?

You hear that devs? Dark Sun's Tyr is WAAAAAY cooler than your little Neverwinter!