test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can I Fit a Castle in One of My Bags?

safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User
edited April 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
There's no such thing as weight or encumbrance, so I was thinking I might like to try it. I know I can definitely fit an armory or a stable full of horses in one of them.

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Tardis bags - don't leave home without them...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    I notice you're posting quite a few topics lately with questions in them... some good, some nonsensical (see above).

What's your motive/goal? Just curious. This *is* GenDisc after all, so no harm.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I have at times had hundreds of refugees living in my bags so I don't see why not.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    Yip! Heroes, black smiths, tailors, .... basically the whole town and its industries in the bag. If the castle is not yet in my bag, I probably have enough material and man power in the bag to build one.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    dont forget bring your towel before going hitchhiking, demo team is on the way.
  • safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    litaaers said:

I notice you're posting quite a few topics lately with questions in them... some good, some nonsensical (see above).

Maybe you should read me my rights first.

I have at times had hundreds of refugees living in my bags so I don't see why not.

To be fair, I consider the professions category to represent whatever imaginary facilities I have established in some part of Neverwinter that I don't ever feel the need to visit. Though it does bother me that I don't actually have to pay my workers anything when I hire them. Maybe I issued them a promissory note? Also, they never complain about the fact that I'm not offering them any kind of living wage. Perhaps they're managing somehow. It could be that they started a little farm somewhere that I don't know about. However, I would absolutely be paying my tailors more if they could somehow manage to figure out how to make a bag.

Yip! Heroes, black smiths, tailors, .... basically the whole town and its industries in the bag. If the castle is not yet in my bag, I probably have enough material and man power in the bag to build one.

Yes. I quite agree. Why can't I use those materials to build my own Stronghold? I wouldn't mind spending ten years to acquire all those boons if I didn't have to put up with other people's nonsense.
    edited April 2017
    armadeonx said:

Tardis bags - don't leave home without them...

I had to look that one up. I don't watch Doctor Who. Maybe similar to a Bag of Holding. But I'm not sure even a Mythical Bag of Holding could fit a castle in it.
    wylonus said:

dont forget bring your towel before going hitchhiking, demo team is on the way.

I'm sorry. I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm serious.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    That one is a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference, but fell a bit flat, sadly.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited April 2017

That one is a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference, but fell a bit flat, sadly.

I read that too long ago to remember such important details. All I really remember is the fish that could translate stuff.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    sorry, my grammer is base on what deaf people tried thier best to write, yes, a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide.

also reference to tardis, do you know about Baba Yaga's Dancing Hut?
    edited April 2017

litaaers said:

If I was arresting you, I (probably) would. But since I was asking a question, I'll just go with 'So, what's up?'.

It's not a demand or anything like that. I just noticed a flurry of posts, all starting with questions that are either a) interesting and discussion provoking or b) smell slightly of troll flesh. I wanted to check before making any judgements about you/them. It would be *TERRRRRRIBLE* to judge before getting more info.

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    litaaers said:

litaaers said:

If I was arresting you, I (probably) would. But since I was asking a question, I'll just go with 'So, what's up?'.

It's not a demand or anything like that. I just noticed a flurry of posts, all starting with questions that are either a) interesting and discussion provoking or b) smell slightly of troll flesh. I wanted to check before making any judgements about you/them. It would be *TERRRRRRIBLE* to judge before getting more info.

Hahah that was my reaction too. I invaded Cadet's safe space here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1230413/i-want-a-rich-hamster-title

In case you're curious and want a peek inside the provocateur's mind...
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Everybody here google Knights of the Dinner Table's Bag Wars Saga!
    litaaers said:

litaaers said:

I want my attorney present.
    wylonus said:

sorry, my grammer is base on what deaf people tried thier best to write, yes, a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide.

also reference to tardis, do you know about Baba Yaga's Dancing Hut?

I've heard of it, but I don't know what it is.

But, more importantly, do you ever look around to make sure no one's watching before you stuff your craftsmen or mounts or companions into the mailbox or the bank vault?

But, more importantly, do you ever look around to make sure no one's watching before you stuff your craftsmen or mounts or companions into the mailbox or the bank vault?

You've answered my questions (and without an attorney present. How fortuitous!) with this post.

Carry on!
    litaaers said:

You've answered my questions (and without an attorney present. How fortuitous!) with this post.

Carry on!
    Thank you, sir. By the way, you may want the investigate the Auction House in Neverwinter. I hear you can buy human companions on it. Though I'm not sure if slavery is legal or illegal or in that city to be honest. You might know better than I do.
    It's totally legal, They call them 'players' or some such.
    litaaers said:

It's totally legal, They call them 'players' or some such.

I see. Is there any hope for these so-called 'players' to be set free from their bondage? Or are they screwed?
    Oddly enough, it's voluntary. I know, I know... it sounds crazy. I've been studying them for years..... they like to measure time in something called 'mods'.
    edited April 2017
    litaaers said:

Oddly enough, it's voluntary. I know, I know... it sounds crazy. I've been studying them for years..... they like to measure time in something called 'mods'.

Hmm. Voluntary Slavery. Interesting. In this realm called 'Earth' that I sometimes visit, they have something similar. They call it 'debt'. There is also such thing as paying for the right to work. It is called 'income tax'. Though I suppose people are allowed to work for free if they wish. Also, workers often refer to their jobs as a 'grind'. Is there anything comparable in Neverwinter?

Everybody here google Knights of the Dinner Table's Bag Wars Saga!

I did. But I'm not everybody, so I wasn't sure if it was ok. Does anyone besides me remember a comic strip called Bludgeons and Flagons from Dragon magazine? Is that still around?

litaaers said:

Also, workers often refer to their jobs as a 'grind'. Is there anything comparable in Neverwinter?
    Definitely, although it depends on your definition. Each mod has a campaign to go through. Which sounds fun I admit. But gathering specific (sometimes even time-gated) mats for boons and weapons definitely qualifies as "slave labor". And don't get people started on materials for their strongholds or refining their gear.

The same can be said of gathering monies in many ways. There's only a few ways to make any and doing the same things every day can be quite a chore.

As for taxes, we have those too. Certain guilds demand their players paying taxes in order to have access to SH boons. Also, the AH takes 10% of your sold item as "tax".
    Wow! That sounds like so much fun! Better than watching TV anyway. For the most part. I think I'll go join one those guild thingies anyway. Well, as soon as I get back from the liquor store.