What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Got turned into a chicken in PvP?

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    http://imgur.com/a/T4Ijq

Someone please tell me why this is happening
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Idk, but I've heard others complaining about randomly turning into chickens ...
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    I just got "chickenized" in esot
    btw it must have something to do with mirage weapons
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

btw it must have something to do with mirage weapons

I know Demonmonger is using that set. Sounds like enough to work with to me. @terramak
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

This is not a bug, but an easter egg of the the Mirage Weapon set.

About fell out of my chair reading this. Hidden gems like this add to the game. Hope to see more in the future.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
    The big question to me is whether knowing that this can potentially happen makes the weapons more or less useful to PvP players.

I think it's somewhat intriguing, but dependent on knowing that you should run for it as a chicken, rather than stand there in confusion.

Demonmonger's screenshot looks like control break abilities work for chickens. If that's consistent for something like the Oghma artifact as well, is this ok?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

I think it's somewhat intriguing, but dependent on knowing that you should run for it as a chicken, rather than stand there in confusion.

Not knowing is what I find interesting. There's far less chance to explore and experiment in Neverwinter than there could be. By the time content is released, someone in your party already knows how to beat the boss. The one-true-build for every class is widely known. Traps are meaningless and/or easily avoided. "What the HAMSTER just happened and what should I do about it?" moments are fun for me. I hope to see more of them.

edited April 2017
    I think you're not looking at it from a PvPer's perspective, where this has primarily been happening.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited April 2017

I think you're not looking at it from a PvPer's perspective, where this has primarily been happening.

They say no combat plan survives the initial engagement.

Today's PVPer knows the combat system inside and out, knows how every power works, and knows their gear well (including... edge cases... that can give a real advantage). These players, or at least their guild mates, hop on preview the moment something new is released and test it into the ground. These players are Special Forces. They know exactly how the battle is supposed to go down. I totally understand how a seemingly random, unanticipated effect would be unwelcome.

If we had a healthy base of casual PVPers, Easter eggs that manifest in the heat of battle would generate excitement. These largely-mythical players would be our infantry. They would get an adrenaline rush when the unexpected happens and scramble to react.

PVP isn't where it should be. I wouldn't stop creating Easter eggs that might effect it because the casual base is largely absent. I would keep creating fun surprises while also working to bring PVP back to the masses.

Don't get me wrong, I personally think it's hilarious and it doesn't give me any hesitation in thinking that I want to acquire a set for a hypothetical PvP loadout. But I'm not a good enough player for it to matter.

I was driving at what @morenthar wrote, that if you lost a match due to being turned into a chicken at exactly the wrong moment, that would suck. Nonexistence of consequential matches certainly being a factor in the overall lack of impact, but that's a bad symptom in itself.

Neverwinter Census 2017

It's not funny... if a gf hits you once you have the chance of turning into a chicken when you try to drop smoke bomb or dodge and throw shadow strike.

If a tr hits you once with shocking execution and you are brought to 10% life and you try to do anything, you turn to a chicken and are helpless.

If orcas hits you once with arms up aoe and you use an encounter you turn to a chicken and die.

It's a curse... not an easter egg...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    i have a mirage set and i dont pvp, i think would be hilarious to be turn in to a chiken, but i realli hope that wont happen in a boss fight, like Esot, or CN if was the ilusions i would find much more fun btw...

* I'm really happy that i didnt got this set for my GF i cant imagine the frustation of being tuned in to a chiken wille tanking orcus...
    obs.: i was about to do it just to make my pet (Duegard Theurge) look like me... wanted to see me casting those spells....
    edited April 2017
    > @chaidrin#2320 said:
    > Hello, ya'll!
    >
    > I have been asked to confess my fowl, fowl sins. This is not a bug, but an easter egg of the the Mirage Weapon set. When you have the Mirage Weapon set, there is a small chance that when you are very low on health and use an encounter power, that you will be turned into a chicken with increased speed and increased defense.
    >
    > With how low your health needs to be to be to trigger it, it's a chance to turn tail and flee. Though you may be called chicken for this strategy, this can give you much needed reprieve, and a chance to re-coop.

@chaidrin#2320
    I'm making a voodoo doll of you right now.

Everytime I turn to a chicken I'm gonna stick this needle in your head.

Enjoy your headaches as much as I enjoy the headaches your cursed weapons are giving me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    I know which weapon set I'm building now.
    Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
    Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
    Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
    Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
    Ginger Christ needs no introductions
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    It's funny 'cause it's not me! :p
    morenthar said:

Is there something to IG that will trigger a chicken transformation?

Yes, just like gravity turning off, flamethrowers, damage reflection, it's one of the random effects.

Neverwinter Census 2017

i m ok with turning in a chicken in pvp is the bonus added can make up the lack of dodges.
    a big speed bonus and 100% deflect is something i would seek and accept.
    a 20% speed boost without the chance to dodge is not an easter egg but a troll undocumented action
  • disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    > @rayrdan said:
    > i m ok with turning in a chicken in pvp is the bonus added can make up the lack of dodges.
    > a big speed bonus and 100% deflect is something i would seek and accept.
    > a 20% speed boost without the chance to dodge is not an easter egg but a troll undocumented action

But it's still hilarious.
    Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
    Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
    Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
    Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
    Ginger Christ needs no introductions