test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapon Enchantments for OP in Mod 11

2»

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

rjc9000 said:

I have been running trans fey since I created my pally after the class was first introduced and have always liked it, switched to lightning for a couple of weeks and definitely noticed the difference and immediately switched back to fey, has anyone here tested Holy Avenger? You would think it would be the quintessential enchantment for the OP class. 20% dmg resistance and healing for all party members seems pretty darn good, also does it proc burning guidance and healing warmth? Any input fro PC players since the scaling buff would be most appreciated before I make a multi million ad mistake..... lol

it looks awesome has one of the best scaling elemental damage...
    @rjc9000 what is this elemental damage you speak of?
    The thing in the tooltip which says "(x)% of weapon damage as (y) damage", where in Holy Avenger's case, it should be Radiant damage.

(or am I doing it wrong and is that just "scaling weapon damage"? I'm so confused with the terms we use)

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Snark for snark like "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-for-tat" or elemental for radiant...or something like that.

The type of back and forth that usually ends in a foul fight....ie chicken.
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    But a chicken is a chicken whether its male or female! lol classic!
  • thrilk#9892 thrilk Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Any verdicts after testing the new changes? Will lightning increase TW damage to build temp HP? How would that compare to Vorpal or Dread? I currently use Dread for the extra 75% Crit severity on TW.

If lightning is comparable I may switch.
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    I love Frost even more now. Better debuff and its duration now. Not many use it.

I wouldn't recommend Dread, it affects pretty much only TW and the Temp HP from it. For damage better just go with Vorpal or Feytouched as those also will increase damage from Divine Judgement.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The thing I like most about Feytouched is it's also a debuff, so as well as boosting your temp health, it reduces the amount of damage taken.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I'm still partial to Plaguefire; it has no cooldown like Frost, and it debuffs every mob it comes into contact with and not just the 3 mob AoE like Feytouched. Plaguefire also has a DoT which is nice for a stealadin build because you want as many ticks of damage as possible to proc lifesteal.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    We of course have different goals as I'm a prot. Feytouched reduces damage output from bosses (adds don't matter) and boosts my temp health gain at the same time.

I run a PF on my DC and it's very useful.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    armadeonx said:

We of course have different goals as I'm a prot. Feytouched reduces damage output from bosses (adds don't matter) and boosts my temp health gain at the same time.

I run a PF on my DC and it's very useful.

Yep. When I ran as a ProtOP, I ran Feytouched as well; great debuffer for bosses.
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    I'm not a fan of Fey because it's only personal damage buff. I prefer stacking uncapped debuffs - PF, Frost, Con Artists to melt everything faster. So I use Frost and I leave PF for DC or GF. But I'd take/switch to Fey for blue DF or hardest bosses if I had it.
    I'm down with the meltiness--I run Drow (dark fire); trans plaguefire; Con Artist; and, Heart of the Black Dragon as active artifact.

The only real drawback is that things die too fast for my Death Slaad (Salad) to reliably proc poisonous intent on a regular basis, so that was a half million AD down the drain.....
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Well Id love to be able to run several enchants depending on what im doing but considering their price I just stick with Fey for my
    OP. Works for pve and pvp just fine
    edited April 2017

Any verdicts after testing the new changes? Will lightning increase TW damage to build temp HP? How would that compare to Vorpal or Dread? I currently use Dread for the extra 75% Crit severity on TW.

If lightning is comparable I may switch.

I recently switched to Vorpal and I am not loving it so far. I can see some of my damage is definitely up but overall I have not seen much of increase in an entire run. I have also traded away some of the Temp HP I had with the Dread. I am going to keep with it because I know it will be better in the long run. I would like to try Fey but it is just to pricey for me at the moment.

• zeplin055zeplin055 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Will plaguefire proc off of burning guidance?
    zeplin055 said:

Will plaguefire proc off of burning guidance?

Not sure if it procs off BG & HW, but it is still a winner for OPs (DevOps in particular).
  • damoc#3687 damoc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    I'm confident @rubytrue can positively confirm that not much if anything procs form BG/HW. No life steal, no weapon enhancement, no AoC... it was already mentioned in Sharpedge paladin compendium a while back and I see no reason it should have changed.

I'm confident @rubytrue can positively confirm that not much if anything procs form BG/HW. No life steal, no weapon enhancement, no AoC... it was already mentioned in Sharpedge paladin compendium a while back and I see no reason it should have changed.

I'm pretty sure that is an accurate assessment, otherwise you would wind up in some damage/proc loops that would tend toward infinity.

Lifesteal does, in fact, indirectly proc BG/HW via prism, but BG/HW doesn't seem to proc anything else. Lifesteal counts as a self heal, and while a self heal, in and of itself won't proc BG/HW; that self heal will proc ally heal if prism is active (which is why I try for a perma prism).

I say that is probably an accurate assessment as I'm not entirely sure; I say that because I have so many different things proccing damage/heals/lifesteals, etc., that it is next to impossible to really sift through everything since I don't have ACT.

I do damage from pretty much everything I do, and with ~40% lifesteal a huge chunck of it winds up proccing prism resulting in BG/HW: Aura of Courage; Drowcraft pants/shirts when crit healing allies proccing BG/HW; Magistrate's Patience when Crit both healing allies and doing a DoT to enemies; Owlbear cub when encounters don't crit; Trans Plaguefire enchant DoT; Prism proccing BG/HW; lifesteal off of Blackthorn proccing BG/HW, etc. (Not to mention the fact that Sanctuary on a DevOP becomes a damage aura if you are healing allies.)

I know I am kind of biased, but I find the current state of DevOPs nearly perfectly balanced. In short fights (or teaming with a lot of high burst DPS) we can provide some buffs but not a whole lot of damage; in longer fights, our damage really starts to pick up because we do a constant, steady stream of damage. We essentially serve to turn the tide of battle, and that, ideally, is what paladins should do.

rubytrue said:

I'm pretty sure that is an accurate assessment, otherwise you would wind up in some damage/proc loops that would tend toward infinity.

Lifesteal does, in fact, indirectly proc BG/HW via prism, but BG/HW doesn't seem to proc anything else. Lifesteal counts as a self heal, and while a self heal, in and of itself won't proc BG/HW; that self heal will proc ally heal if prism is active (which is why I try for a perma prism).

I say that is probably an accurate assessment as I'm not entirely sure; I say that because I have so many different things proccing damage/heals/lifesteals, etc., that it is next to impossible to really sift through everything since I don't have ACT.

I do damage from pretty much everything I do, and with ~40% lifesteal a huge chunck of it winds up proccing prism resulting in BG/HW: Aura of Courage; Drowcraft pants/shirts when crit healing allies proccing BG/HW; Magistrate's Patience when Crit both healing allies and doing a DoT to enemies; Owlbear cub when encounters don't crit; Trans Plaguefire enchant DoT; Prism proccing BG/HW; lifesteal off of Blackthorn proccing BG/HW, etc. (Not to mention the fact that Sanctuary on a DevOP becomes a damage aura if you are healing allies.)

I know I am kind of biased, but I find the current state of DevOPs nearly perfectly balanced. In short fights (or teaming with a lot of high burst DPS) we can provide some buffs but not a whole lot of damage; in longer fights, our damage really starts to pick up because we do a constant, steady stream of damage. We essentially serve to turn the tide of battle, and that, ideally, is what paladins should do.

Hmm, does Blackthorn proc Aura of Courage?
    > @thrilk#9892 said:
    > I'm confident @rubytrue can positively confirm that not much if anything procs form BG/HW. No life steal, no weapon enhancement, no AoC... it was already mentioned in Sharpedge paladin compendium a while back and I see no reason it should have changed.
    >
    > I'm pretty sure that is an accurate assessment, otherwise you would wind up in some damage/proc loops that would tend toward infinity.
    >
    > Lifesteal does, in fact, indirectly proc BG/HW via prism, but BG/HW doesn't seem to proc anything else. Lifesteal counts as a self heal, and while a self heal, in and of itself won't proc BG/HW; that self heal will proc ally heal if prism is active (which is why I try for a perma prism).
    >
    > I say that is probably an accurate assessment as I'm not entirely sure; I say that because I have so many different things proccing damage/heals/lifesteals, etc., that it is next to impossible to really sift through everything since I don't have ACT.
    >
    > I do damage from pretty much everything I do, and with ~40% lifesteal a huge chunck of it winds up proccing prism resulting in BG/HW: Aura of Courage; Drowcraft pants/shirts when crit healing allies proccing BG/HW; Magistrate's Patience when Crit both healing allies and doing a DoT to enemies; Owlbear cub when encounters don't crit; Trans Plaguefire enchant DoT; Prism proccing BG/HW; lifesteal off of Blackthorn proccing BG/HW, etc. (Not to mention the fact that Sanctuary on a DevOP becomes a damage aura if you are healing allies.)
    >
    > I know I am kind of biased, but I find the current state of DevOPs nearly perfectly balanced. In short fights (or teaming with a lot of high burst DPS) we can provide some buffs but not a whole lot of damage; in longer fights, our damage really starts to pick up because we do a constant, steady stream of damage. We essentially serve to turn the tide of battle, and that, ideally, is what paladins should do.
    >
    >
    >
    > Hmm, does Blackthorn proc Aura of Courage?

I don't think so. I've been stunned/held where I wasn't doing any other damage, but blackthorn would proc, and occasionally I would see a green tick indicating a lifesteal; if prism is active and my companion was out, it would sometimes proc BG/HW.

It is hard to replicate since I think BG/HW only has like a 5% chance to proc on any given tick so you are usually past being controlled before the proc actually happens....
  • zeplin055zeplin055 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Yeah I was wondering because a patch or so ago on consoles the lightning was broken with burning guidance and I was laying down some serious DPS.
  • thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    > @rubytrue said:

> I don't think so. I've been stunned/held where I wasn't doing any other damage, but blackthorn would proc, and occasionally I would see a green tick indicating a lifesteal; if prism is active and my companion was out, it would sometimes proc BG/HW.

That is too bad. The 100 damage seems insignificant but if it proc'ed Aura of Courage. In good groups my Courage hits for 50k + each time.
    I went to Sharandar and let some Powries beat on me. I can confirm that Blackthorn does not proc Aura of Courage, but it did proc lifesteal, elven ferocity, and shadowtouched. I'm assuming since it procced lifesteal, with prism running, it would also proc BG/HW (I had to dismiss companion since he was killing things).
This discussion has been closed.