test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Full DPS GF for Loadouts

odinguard#3346 odinguard Member Posts: 29 Arc User
Hello as a normal full tank I don't know anything about dps on a GF.

Is there any builds available for full dps for Mod 11+ available or does anyone have any suggestions on how to focus the GF build by following a full DPS path.

LOADOUTS IS THE TIME TO SHINE FOR GF. Can't wait.

Comments

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    yeah, i'm looking forward to it too
  • boromir#3940 boromir Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Full dps is slightly different from a dps hybrid. Think to yourself.....dps over tankiness with every aspect of your build.

So the obvious thing is that you'll take feats in conqueror tree to capstone. From left to right it's bottom, top, top, bottom, top. Basically, don't take cruel cutstyle. Tactician tree: crushing pin, only. Protector tree: plate agility and staying power.

Next, attributes: max STR/CHA. Have a legendary striker companion and mount insignias of dominance. The key is to maximize CA damage bonus and companion influence.

Vorpal, no exceptions and literally no point in doing this unless you have a perfect or higher vorpal available. This leads you to race options. Half orc and dragon born. Crit chance and crit severity trumps all with this build.

Companions: 2 archons, siege master, cambion magus or erynes of belial. Once again, no point in even going this direction unless you have a companion with crit severity. Dancing blade is a lesser option that you can use in place of the cambion magus.

Mount bonuses: artificers persuasion, protectors comraderie, assasins covenant, etc. you get the idea. If you have a legendary mount then obviously take the mount bonus that makes your combat power stronger. Mount equip bonus of 2-4K power or crit only.

Maximize power and crit at the detriment of recovery when making choices of armor and artifacts. Brutals in all offensive slots. Or mix and match radiants and azures. Shoot for 80% crit chance with companions proc. Reckless attacker give you 10% more.

Boone: everything offensive in nature except for the ones that give a big heal upon damage taken. Self explanatory.

Powers: basically with this build you never use commanders strike because your own anvil will hit harder. Don't forget knights challenge and tide of iron when it comes to single target damage. And artifact weapon feature for steel blitz bonus chance.

That's about it off the top of my head.
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Hey @odinguard#3346

Boromir is on track, but I have a few different opinions on gears.

I'm assuming you don't have BIS gear just lined up for this loadout set.

So here are some gear goals... as you acquire better and better gear.
    • Get Crit to 80%+ (This counts use of potions and Reckless Attacker)
    • Ensure you are at 60% Arm Pen (Dex + stats + boons)
    • Get Perfect Vorpal or Higher
    • Get +dmg% Companions
    Feats should look something like this:

nwcalc.com/index.html#/gf?b=2lf0:yfaoh2:9mbg:5ykqp,1li350i:1uu50z1:1u0u000:1500000&h=0&p=smr&o=0

Powers should be:

Trash:

Skills:
    1. Combat Superiority
    2. Steel Grace (+5 % Crit + Deflection + 15% Movement)

At-Wills:
    1. Crushing Surge
    2. Weapon Master's Strike
    Encounters:
    1. Lunging Strike / Knight's Challenge
    2. Enforced Threat
    3. Into the Fray
    Dailies:
    1. Villain's Menace
    2. Fighter's Recovery
    Rotation:

Wheel --> WMS --> ITF --> ET --> VM --> Spam WMS... refresh Wheel, ITF, ET, VM as they become available (use KC on any elite mobs with larger HP pools... I also sub in Lunging Strike if the dungeon is a race to the end type.. like ETOS)

Boss / Single Target:

Skills:
    1. Combat Superiority
    2. Steel Grace (+5 % Crit + Deflection + 15% Movement)

At-Wills:
    1. Crushing Surge
    2. Weapon Master's Strike
    Encounters:
    1. Knight's Challenge / Commander's Strike
    2. Griffon's Wrath/Knee Breaker
    3. Into the Fray
    Dailies:
    1. Villain's Menace
    2. Fighter's Recovery
    Rotation:

Wheel --> KC --> WMS --> ITF --> GW x 3 / KB --> Spam Crushing Surge.... refresh Wheel, ITF, GW / KB, VM as they become available

Basically use Griffon's on T1 / T2 / Orcus bosses with lower hps... use KB on FBI / MSVA type bosses with large HP's pools

Below are some stats and gear set up... that I would roughly call BIS... prob some tweaks.. based on potion/food use...

Gear:

Resulting Approximate Stats w/ Boons:

Some might argue for a Legendary Ring of Brutality... but I like more sustained stats... also this assuming use of a Legendary Mount.. either +4k Pwr or Crit

In reality... I probably wouldn't go all out DPS... just because you'll still end up tanking... due to your threat generation and use of
    Knight's Challenge.

This was more possible during the AA Spam Invulnerability days... so.. you'll need to stack a bit more defense.. IMO

Hope this helps,

Forge.

Post edited by sadus671 on
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Single Target/Boss fights is where our DPS shines. Easier to use KC, easier to control your damage stacks, etc. I'm not saying "don't" attempt to DPS on mobs, I'm saying that the GF doesn't really destroy mobs as fast as a GWF, CW, or Combat HR.

Don't forget Knee Breaker, which ends up being our hardest hitting power on some boss fights. Same for Griffon's Wrath for some bosses, assuming you took Staggerring Challenge.

Powers: basically with this build you never use commanders strike because your own anvil will hit harder. Don't forget knights challenge and tide of iron when it comes to single target damage. And artifact weapon feature for steel blitz bonus chance.

That's about it off the top of my head.

Tide? Huh?

If you use Tide, you give up WMS (meaning you lose the debuff + Staying Power), or Crushing Surge (which does our best single target DPS, no question). You're giving up something extremely valuable. And Tide can be rendered useless if you're running with a team who's already hit the debuff cap.

I still don't get everyones' obsession with Steel Blitz.
    Yeah, it adds damage, but Steel Blitz doesn't add a large amount of damage. Last I tried it, it only made up 3% of my total DPS. On some boss fights, you can make better use of Shield Warriors Wrath (if you're not getting hit by Storvald, you're never going to be at max damage output) or will need something with more utility (Steel Grace is super important on Drufti because of her charge). I haven't checked if you can do the GWF's Lightning + Steel Blitz cheese.

Since we are talking loadouts, I suspect that on some boss fights, an Iron Vanguard DPS based build might do better than a SM build because of Trample and Knee Breaker. But, we won't figure this out until loadouts hits live.
    sadus671 said:

Gear:

Resulting Approximate Stats w/ Boons:

Some might argue for a Legendary Ring of Brutality... but I like more sustained stats... also this assuming use of a Legendary Mount.. either +4k Pwr or Crit

In reality... I probably wouldn't go all out DPS... just because you'll still end up tanking... due to your threat generation and use of
    Knight's Challenge.

This was more possible during the AA Spam Invulnerability days... so.. you'll need to stack a bit more defense.. IMO

I like the setup, but a few nitpicks:

Forge, I have no clue why you picked Heart of the Red Dragon. Something better would be Sigil of the Controller or Symbol of Fire (since you avoid that nasty Regen stat); or, if you want a bigger Crit Focus, Heart of the Blue Dragon or even Horn of Valhalla (since most Conqs still have their tank gear, might as well recycle the gear).

Same goes for the Legendary Mount bonus, of which I'm guessing is Tenser's Transformation (in the picture). Yes, the Tenser's buff works, but is slow and can't be canceled. By the time you activate it, the mobs might be dead. If you try it on bosses, you need to be extra careful about its activation as if you're using KC on Orcus, that 2 second activation is enough for Orcus to hit you while you can't do anything. I personally think you'd be better off with the Stalwart Golden Lion, because the free shield can be a lifesaver when you're using KC.

Blink Dog might work for some builds, but you'd probably find stronger options. I'm not the greatest mathematician, but I think the War Boar from the GWF Pack might be better. If you'd like to run the calculations, Sirjimbofrancis' Crit Severity gives you a good idea of how to compare a Siege Master/Air Archon vs. something else.

https://nwohackandslash.wordpress.com/2017/01/04/combat-advantage-pets/

Same goes for the 4000 Power mounts. Yeah, they technically give you more power and thus, more damage. But, if you run with an AC/DC or Paladin, your 25 million investment can essentially be worth less than 3-4% DPS increase (tooltip =/= DPS increase). For the cost, I'd rather pick up a different mount which has a bigger impact on my playstyle.

Also, you need to change that Survivors Wraps to the Vivified Shieldbearer's Raid Gauntlets. The Survivors Wraps is a secret to everybody and we certainty wouldn't want any more masochists (jkjk, but seriously, let's not advertise how hilarious the wraps are with a GF).

As much as I give people flak for picking CHA, I don't see the point of why you'd pick CON over DEX or CHA or even INT. The HP bonus is so miniscule on a GF (it only affects base HP), and for a DPS GF, you're better off investing your stats in offensive ability scores.

edited April 2017
    Hey @rjc9000

Let me clarify some of my thought process behind the gear presented:

Forge, I have no clue why you picked Heart of the Red Dragon. Something better would be Sigil of the Controller or Symbol of Fire (since you avoid that nasty Regen stat); or, if you want a bigger Crit Focus, Heart of the Blue Dragon or even Horn of Valhalla (since most Conqs still have their tank gear, might as well recycle the gear).

I took it for 15 second Artificer's Persuasion, I just like the mix of Power + Defense... some folks might prefer different stats.... 1st Priority is to use Wheel, but if the situation is such that it would be hard to use the Wheel or renew it... then maybe the use of Heart would be more beneficial to have high uptime of Art Persu

Same goes for the Legendary Mount bonus, of which I'm guessing is Tenser's Transformation (in the picture). Yes, the Tenser's buff works, but is slow and can't be canceled. By the time you activate it, the mobs might be dead. If you try it on bosses, you need to be extra careful about its activation as if you're using KC on Orcus, that 2 second activation is enough for Orcus to hit you while you can't do anything. I personally think you'd be better off with the Stalwart Golden Lion, because the free shield can be a lifesaver when you're using KC.

The bonus is Dominant Force (4k Power), Ruthless Efficiency (4k Crit) is also another good option... obviously this is a BIS scenario... but 2k versions are certainly acceptable from Epic mounts. There are no Mount Powers pictured above... that would be purely specific to what someone had available... Since they would need multiple Legendary Mounts to get both the Stats + Desired Mount Powers

Blink Dog might work for some builds, but you'd probably find stronger options. I'm not the greatest mathematician, but I think the War Boar from the GWF Pack might be better. If you'd like to run the calculations, Sirjimbofrancis' Crit Severity gives you a good idea of how to compare a Siege Master/Air Archon vs. something else.

https://nwohackandslash.wordpress.com/2017/01/04/combat-advantage-pets/

This is a high power non-100% crit build... so if I recall a single CA pet is still worth 5% damage... ppl just don't advise to use more than one... and with Mark you should always have CA... so it seemed like a better option than Crit severity pet like Erinyes. Without actually testing this build... it might even perform better with FeyTouch vs. Vorpal

Same goes for the 4000 Power mounts. Yeah, they technically give you more power and thus, more damage. But, if you run with an AC/DC or Paladin, your 25 million investment can essentially be worth less than 3-4% DPS increase (tooltip =/= DPS increase). For the cost, I'd rather pick up a different mount which has a bigger impact on my playstyle.

Just to restate what I mentioned before... 2k Epic version are fine... just a BIS scenario.. so assume a Legendary Mount.

Also, you need to change that Survivors Wraps to the Vivified Shieldbearer's Raid Gauntlets. The Survivors Wraps is a secret to everybody and we certainty wouldn't want any more masochists (jkjk, but seriously, let's not advertise how hilarious the wraps are with a GF).

Right, just a High Power Theme... so they are BIS for power... also this is not Tac... so you likely won't be firing off Dailies that often....

As much as I give people flak for picking CHA, I don't see the point of why you'd pick CON over DEX or CHA or even INT. The HP bonus is so miniscule on a GF (it only affects base HP), and for a DPS GF, you're better off investing your stats in offensive ability scores.

For this... it was just an oversight on my part... when I threw the gear into the simulator... I would have likely put those CON points into DEX... so I could use all Adorable Bites Companion Gear or spend all Insignia's on Power vs. the couple that are Arm Pen in the gear set up above.

-= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
    edited April 2017
    PS:

This is what I'm currently running for speed run/farm type of content.... 50k Power , 95% Crit, and 82% DR w/ 200k Hps.

Actuals photo Farming.jpg

Currently I'm working on a Tactician Alternative Loadout... for harder content. Also.. trying to figure if I want to go through the process of having a full alternative set of gear... or eat the Gold costs... although that does take away from half to convenience of loadouts.

Something like this....

Tac photo Tac.jpg

Project continues....

-= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Member of Ember Legion
    I take back the tide of iron comment. If other teammates buffs basically neutralize it's effects, then it is truly not worth it. I don't run steel blitz personally. Steel grace and combat superiority guy all the way. I just heard that it's better for mobs when spamming WMS.

I'm with both of you guys on the legendary mount combat bonus. Tensors when you've no fear of getting smashed with a 1 shot. Lion for pvp and tough times. Everybody runs the lion in pvp, it's sooooo annoying.

I'm not understanding the survivors wraps. And I too would like to hear an opinion of the steel blitz/trans lightning deal. Very impressive on GWF's right now.

All of that said, I have a question. Does CA damage bonus work at a higher rate compared to flat damage bonus? I only ask because I have an intellectual devourer. I can take it to epic for 5% CA buff. At epic the siege master gives 4% flat damage buff. Basically, which is better?
    edited April 2017
    Hey @boromir#3940

I'm not understanding the survivors wraps. And I too would like to hear an opinion of the steel blitz/trans lightning deal. Very impressive on GWF's right now.

All of that said, I have a question. Does CA damage bonus work at a higher rate compared to flat damage bonus? I only ask because I have an intellectual devourer. I can take it to epic for 5% CA buff. At epic the siege master gives 4% flat damage buff. Basically, which is better?

After reading the article that rjc9000 posted... for companion... it seems to depend on your Crit Severity % + CA Bonus... if you want to make your life simple... just get the siege.

I think the issue with the Survivor Wraps (Unless I missed his point)... is the Damage over Time you place on yourself of 25% of your hps.... so you will need a higher life steal % to likely counter this damage.

@rjc9000 can clarify if he likes :)
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Member of Ember Legion
    edited April 2017

I take back the tide of iron comment. If other teammates buffs basically neutralize it's effects, then it is truly not worth it. I don't run steel blitz personally. Steel grace and combat superiority guy all the way. I just heard that it's better for mobs when spamming WMS.

I'm with both of you guys on the legendary mount combat bonus. Tensors when you've no fear of getting smashed with a 1 shot. Lion for pvp and tough times. Everybody runs the lion in pvp, it's sooooo annoying.

It's not buffs which can potentially neutralize Tide, it's debuffs. If you run with a good MoF, and have any additional debuffs, then you can potentially hit the debuff cap, which makes Tide superfluous. @michela123 has a debuff thread which you could check out for more information (and she's probably tired of me linking her name everywhere, but I'm feeling lazy and don't really feel like linking her debuff thread).

For the CA comps, I believe the simplest answer is that it depends on your GF's current Crit Severity + CA stat. tI'm no expert on the CA Calculations. I know @micky1p00 and/or @sirjimbofrancis would understand this better and be able to explain this better than I could. Actually, I believe the former has a tool on her database which calculates the DPS boost from adding Crit Severity (and I think CA as well).

I haven't tested Steel Blitz + Lightning yet. I probably won't have the time this week to, since I'm once again buried under a pile of calculus and philosophy work.

As for the wraps... the DoT isn't the issue, it's how the DoT essentially allows you to partially mitigate some of the "slowness" of the Conqueror GF's damage stacks. It's not a big an issue, but even stupidier things have been called exploits (coughcough "animation cancel exploit" coughcough).
    Post edited by rjc9000 on

Well, I had a few moments to escape from Calculus and revising essays.

Steel Blitz has no buggy interactions with Lightning, so no silly GWF-style cheesy Steel Blitz/Lightning multiprocs.

Little reason to continue using Steel Blitz.

• crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

The only thing about CON is the AP Gain I suppose if you are looking for more VM?? I've traditionally had my points in DEX and haven't gone with CHA but that does sound interesting.
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    @rjc9000
    @boromir#3940

In answer to your question about combat advantage, the flat damage is pretty much always better than combat advantage. Since they reworked combat advantage in mod 7? (Maybe 8, I can't remember...), the combat advantage modifier operates in roughly the same way crit severity operates. In fact, if you crit at the same time as you have combat advantage, it is essentially added to your crit severity. Check out Janne's excellent site here.

In exactly the same way that adding 5% crit severity doesn't add 5% damage, adding 5% combat advantage doesn't either.

Janne explains how it works mathematically and why that is the case, but if you just want to take our word for it, you are almost always better off going for flat damage bonuses than combat advantage pets.

Well, I'd say always, but I don't want to speak for anyone else. I, personally, can't think of a scenario where you'd want the combat advantage pet over the flat damage for dps. Sorry for the late response!
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    sadus671 said:

PS:

This is what I'm currently running for speed run/farm type of content.... 50k Power , 95% Crit, and 82% DR w/ 200k Hps.

Actuals photo Farming.jpg

Currently I'm working on a Tactician Alternative Loadout... for harder content. Also.. trying to figure if I want to go through the process of having a full alternative set of gear... or eat the Gold costs... although that does take away from half to convenience of loadouts.

Something like this....

Tac photo Tac.jpg

Project continues....

I like your setups and ideas, which would you suggest for a companion though Sellsword or Ambush drake? I noticed you have an orange sellsword as well so though I should ask. My head is spinning trying to figure out what to work on first but I've decided to work on my active companion and it seems like I would want just one or the other not both.
    They have their little nuances.

Rebel Merc/Sellsword (they are the same comp, except for appearance and acquisition) are more consistent, since they are easier to get and their debuff is up more often than the Ambush Drake. Their downside, compared to the Ambush Drake, is their extremely specific comp slots: Neck, Belt, Sword Knot. If you want to kit a Sellsword, you better pray Illusionist's Gambit gives you the right drops or you better check if you can afford Loyal Avenger gear/Adorable gear.

The Ambush Drake has a less consistent debuff and is harder to find (also has 2x offense/1 def rather than 3x offense of the Sellsword). In exchange, I personally think that it's much easier to gear an Ambush Drake, as the 3x neck affords a wider variety of options than the extremely specific equipment slots of the Sellsword.

edited May 2017
    manipulos said:

I like your setups and ideas, which would you suggest for a companion though Sellsword or Ambush drake? I noticed you have an orange sellsword as well so though I should ask. My head is spinning trying to figure out what to work on first but I've decided to work on my active companion and it seems like I would want just one or the other not both.

Just for clarification:

I would say the Sellsword / Reb Merc is optimal (3 offensive slots, doesn't have a stealth attack (Pain for FBI Turtle Boss... as sometimes it suicides)). I only have the Ambush in my other screens... because I have an Ambush. Sellsword is also easier to acquire (cheaper)... assuming you have companion gear for it.... if not... then a companion that uses Jewel Craftable gear (Necklace, Belt, Rings) might be advantageous (cheaper, less RNG dependant, & Recovery Stat Option)

This might also make Con Artist a good alternative... as unlike pure DPS classes... we still need defense... so losing an offensive slot is less of a sacrifice. (Plus you can use Legendary Storm King Rings...)

I also have a "look" thing going on with my GF, as he is Dragonborn... so it seems kind of appropriate he have a drake companion. Prior to the Ambush.. I had used a Pseudodragon.

The Ambush does provide a higher % debuff than the sellsword (even after the lvl 73 Mitigation), I'm not sure of the exact %... but that is only because I've not taken the time to do a comparison via ACT.

It also applies the debuff on any attack, vs. the Sellsword needing to complete it's full three strikes of Wicked Strike.
    Post edited by sadus671 on
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Member of Ember Legion
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    You guys are awesome, thank you
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Excellent comments ITT.
    May I add a reminder:
    Loadouts allow us situaltional freedom to DPS in party. Awesome. I'm all for it.
    But loadouts do NOT exempt us of our duties as the tank while in a party.
    Pleasr don't go full DPS while in a party until you are certain you can take punches to the face from Orcus.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    @sadus671

I have a couple of questions.

For your trash rotation is there any reason why VM is after ET - is it better to buff VM with ET's marking or vice versa.

Also with your feats - you have picked wrathful warrior but haven't put any points into the feats that generate temp HP - would you be better off putting 1 point Take Measure and also Grit?

Also thnx to @boromir#3940

Really, this loadouts and being able to swap to a much much more DPS and daily friendly build seems too good to be true
    lantern22 said:

@sadus671

For your trash rotation is there any reason why VM is after ET - is it better to buff VM with ET's marking or vice versa.

Also with your feats - you have picked wrathful warrior but haven't put any points into the feats that generate temp HP - would you be better off putting 1 point Take Measure and also Grit?

Really, this loadouts and being able to swap to a much much more DPS and daily friendly build seems too good to be true

Hey @lantern22

So I use ET first to ensure I grab aggro and my groupmates also benefit from the mark. Also, the majority of your damage is going to come from at-will powers. So the damage buff provided by VM is most taken advantage of while spamming WMS.

So I make use of Wrathful Warrior via the Temp Hps provided by ITF. This is a secondary reason why ITF is my first power used at the start of any rotation. Those are the only Temp Hps I am counting on.... any others provided via DC buff or other groupmates... are just opportunities for bonus damage.

The cooldowns on Take Measures and Grit are just too long for my taste to waste feat points on them... Power Points you can earn.... feats.. you only have as many as you have.

Hope that clarifies :smile:

-= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Member of Ember Legion
    sadus671 said:

lantern22 said:

@sadus671

Hey @lantern22

So I use ET first to ensure I grab aggro and my groupmates also benefit from the mark. Also, the majority of your damage is going to come from at-will powers. So the damage buff provided by VM is most taken advantage of while spamming WMS.

So I make use of Wrathful Warrior via the Temp Hps provided by ITF. This is a secondary reason why ITF is my first power used at the start of any rotation. Those are the only Temp Hps I am counting on.... any others provided via DC buff or other groupmates... are just opportunities for bonus damage.

The cooldowns on Take Measures and Grit are just too long for my taste to waste feat points on them... Power Points you can earn.... feats.. you only have as many as you have.

Hope that clarifies :smile:

Cheers thnx, all makes sense. I forgot about ITFs temp hit point bonus.
  • remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User
    Anyone happen to have a really good no-compromise, solo DPS build handy? Specifically, char stats (cha or dex?), feats, and powers. Boons are pretty straight forward... last time I ran like that was back in the mod 6 days, when Conq + Lifesteal = Immortal...

I've been messing around with a few (piles of respecs from winter festival), but haven't found one that really feels maxed out, yet.
    Abrams posted a pure dps spec build on FB. I'll go over the obvious stuff.

Vorpal, pretty much mandatory. Although testing has proved trans lightning to be pretty awesome for mobs. So...have both? Good idea anyways.

Next companions: pretty straight forward here. Con artist/sell sword....other viable 3 offensive bonding options exist. At least one crit severity i.e. Cambion magus or erynes of belial. Double up with a dancing blade. Crit severity is key. Siege master and then finish up with epic archons.

Artifacts: pretty straight forward too. Look for power and crit. Secondary stats, look for combat advantage and companion influence. As main, either the wheel or devoted sigil.

Dod rings, legendary if possible and the Orcus set to finish out gear. I'd say the raid vivified armor is obvious.

Half orc/SM. Dragon born and metallic dragon born are stronger....but they're ugly and not a deal breaker.

Attributes: max STR/CHA. STR is obvious. CHA is usually questioned, so I'll explain. It's a flat damage increase to targets you have CA over. The Mark amongst other things gives you CA....so it's pretty much all of the time. Next is companion influence bonus. This is awesome!! If you have a legendary striker companion, they will have power/crit/armor pen themselves. With a bunch of companion influence you can bump those numbers up. Around 720 is average for most people. So that's, with rank 12 bondings, 2160 armor pen for free. This allows you to not feel so bad about losing DEX and/or made to stack armor pen on your character. Stack epic insignias of dominance for more power and companions influence.

Skipping mount insignia bonuses because I can't remember the names. Someone else can follow up please? These are very important and I apologize.

Feats: Important and questioned often. Basically people sometimes consider this 'the build.' Heroic feats are straight forward. Take everything that adds damage and leftovers into grit and shielded resurgence. We like temp HP. Conqueror: bottom, top, top, bottom and top.....Pretty standard. Tactician: crushing pin. Protector: plate agility and staying power.

Combat superiority and steel grace are the standard class features. You still run fray and ET. Just hit everything with a WMS first. Then the anvil. Single target action is a bit different and the whole point to a full dps GF imo. KC is going to take the place of fray.....or you can keep fray. -With fray/KC combo....you are left with knee breaker. Villains plus fire from the wheel makes this hit really hard. -Without fray...KC/knee breaker/anvil. Some people mess with griffins and others like flourish. All acceptable in my mind. I like the animation speed of the anvil and knee breaker. Plus they both have roughly the same cool down times.....smooth rotation.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Anyone ever tested a dps-GF with max power-low crit + high CA bonus (% damage increase on non crits) + owlbear cup + T-Feytouched?
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    edited May 2017

Anyone ever tested a dps-GF with max power-low crit + high CA bonus (% damage increase on non crits) + owlbear cup + T-Feytouched?

I haven't but I wouldn't recommend it for a couple of reasons:
    1. Most of our DPS comes from At-Wills
    2. GF Encounters have pretty high cool downs (Owl Bear was/is generally best on DC's... since they can cycle Encounters quickly with use of their Divine Versions... )
    3. You want the damage from Jagged Blades (need crits)
    Now... a Owl Bear Cub might be worth equipping by a Tac who didn't splash into Conqueror for Jagged Blades Feats. As it would be a source of some extra damage... and they are likely to have lower cooldowns on their encounters.

-= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Member of Ember Legion
    Combatants maneuver is ok and lunging strike is on a longer cool down than I'd like. Plus they nerfed the radius of the enemies behind your main target when using LS.

But, it is true that the slight aoe effect is better than a single target attack on trash mobs. plus it's a great gap closer and first hit power......gotta stay in front of your team. Good stuff