test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lightning Burst Does Not Crit

darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
edited September 2017 in NeverwinterPreview - Bug Reports
Lightning Burst (the single target effect of the Transcendent Lightning Enchant), does not crit. It scales, but it does not match the crit of the original hit. It does not crit individually, it simply never crits. I tested it with Lance of Faith, Sunburst, and Astral Seal. All came out like this:

I have a hard time believing this wasn't reported already, but I looked around and didn't see anything outside the Weapon Enchant rework thread, which it apparently was working at one point?

EDIT - this actually depends on which powers are proccing it. Some powers can crit. DC has about 3 power that can crit, one of which only crits in divinity mode.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

Post edited by darthtzarr on

Comments

• martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I confirm that bug. I tested in my cw too. in my test is even worse:Not only is not doing crit but also not proccing often. sometimes procs at 50% or just 1 proc in about 50 hits. Btw this is happenning in live server since the last patch is doing crit but only procs 1 time in around 70 hits in a test with ACT in Live
    Post edited by martelis1981 on
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Fix please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I bug reported this in the very long thread on weapon enchantments, in conjunction with a bunch of other stuff. They said pretty much that with the exception of major bugs they weren't going to fix these minor things immediately.
  • shydo123shydo123 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    This being broke is a huge nerf to the single target dps of the enchant. Please fix.
  • muckingfuppetmuckingfuppet Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    i wouldn't mind if these enchants where cheap but they aren't some of use used real money to buy these enchants so i wouldn't call them minor bugs cryptic
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I've just tested it on preview, it still isn't fixed.

Do it please!
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    @terramak this is what I was describing earlier.

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2017

I dont know about yours mine can critical.

Some powers when used with Lightning Enchant cannot crit. Not all powers cannot crit, which was incorrect in my original report. Clerics have 3 powers that can crit with Lightning Burst, the rest cannot.

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    The Lightning burst randomly Crit/non Crit per ability is universal to all classes Q_Q.

This also applies with the BIlethorn second hit: some abilities randomly get the second hit to Crit, other times, the Bilethorn second hit won't crit on other abilities.

rjc9000 said:

The Lightning burst randomly Crit/non Crit per ability is universal to all classes Q_Q.

This also applies with the BIlethorn second hit: some abilities randomly get the second hit to Crit, other times, the Bilethorn second hit won't crit on other abilities.

Yes is like the offhand feature storm spell. Accepting the lightning burst as a bug is the storm spell offhand feature also bugged then.
    edited September 2017

rjc9000 said:

Yes is like the offhand feature storm spell. Accepting the lightning burst as a bug is the storm spell offhand feature also bugged then.
    Not at all. Lightning Burst randomly does or doesn't crit depending on what power you use. Spell Storm is a non-crit damage proc like Aura of Courage or Wheel of Elements. Spell Storm can NEVER crit. Lightning Burst randomly does or doesn't crit.

Lightning Burst is part of a scaling weapon enchant. Scaling weapon enchants can crit (at least others can). Even the tooltip says it will deal 33% more weapon damage, but in reality Lightning Burst does like 0.1% more weapon damage, since it doesn't scale or crit properly.

Exactly. Lightning is really only good for trash mobs due to this bug. I tried it versus T-Rex and found it wanting. There is no reason why it should not be good for both bosses/single target and trash.

It is fine that it is only good against trash mobs. Honestly, situational enchants are fine, but incorrect tooltips and random behavior based on which powers are used are, in my opinion, not.

rjc9000 said:

Not at all. Lightning Burst randomly does or doesn't crit depending on what power you use. Spell Storm is a non-crit damage proc like Aura of Courage or Wheel of Elements. Spell Storm can NEVER crit. Lightning Burst randomly does or doesn't crit.

Lightning Burst is part of a scaling weapon enchant. Scaling weapon enchants can crit (at least others can). Even the tooltip says it will deal 33% more weapon damage, but in reality Lightning Burst does like 0.1% more weapon damage, since it doesn't scale or crit properly.

can never critical.

rjc9000 said:

can never critical.
    Interesting... Still doesn't explain the incorrect tooltip on the lightning enchantment then.

edited September 2017

You are going to need to rephrase everything you just said if you expect me to understand what you said or asked.

The words "the difference is minimal" stick out to me though, since this is math we are talking about. We know the exact equation, and we can control every variable on preview. There is no "difference is minimal" if the answer isn't exactly correct, it's wrong. One plus one is not three simply because the difference is minimal.

The words "how much power" stick out to me also. Power scales (or at least should, if it worked like the other weapon enchants) each piece of the enchant equally by the bonus from power, which is the same bonus used to multiply the original hit, so no place in the equation for determining the damage of Lightning Burst is power a required component, since Lightning Burst should deal the same proportional damage to Lightning Weapon at 0 power as it does at 15 billion power.

1: here is 27% right? right.

2: here is 27.54% of 1000 fixed weapon

i should be accurate or the tooltip from the fixed weapon i wear?

3: and here is the lightning burst
    What again says my weapon? 33% . but 32.36 % of 275.4% is =89.1%.

Lightning burst tooltip is near to the numbers i found .
    The only bug or intended design( who knows) is : the lightning burst calculate "on some powers" their non critical when they are critical hit to add its value.
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
    edited September 2017

rjc9000 said:

can never critical.
    Interesting... Still doesn't explain the incorrect tooltip on the lightning enchantment then.

to help to this you have right doesnt do what it says. IN that screenshot doesnt not critical which means is not 33% of the lightning weapon when then lighting weapon criticals. following screenshots shows the lightning weapon:

while 133.6 damage on non critical match the tooltip 33% of 412.9
    when lightning weapon criticals the lightning burst still calculates the damage would happen if wasnt critical.
    IN case of critical it should be 33% of 722.6 lightning weapon .

33% of 412.9 is 136. Your numbers all seem a bit off, and you didn't include any context for most of your pictures. If you want to help show off this bug, fine, otherwise, last I checked, the bug report forums are not for debating on which bugs should or shouldn't be fixed.
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

[Storm Spell] can never critical.

Yes, because the game engine works in such a way that a proc triggered by a crit has no independent crit chance. So it either always crits (which is how Storm Spell and Lostmauth set used to work) or crits are disabled so such an effect never crits (how they work now).

This only applies to procs that are triggered by critting, not procs from attacks that might or might not crit. Unless Lightning is sharing this behavior in some way for the DC through an interaction with Fire of the Gods, it doesn't seem directly related.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

rjc9000 said:

can never critical.

to help to this you have right doesnt do what it says. IN that screenshot doesnt not critical which means is not 33% of the lightning weapon when then lighting weapon criticals. following screenshots shows the lightning weapon:

while 133.6 damage on non critical match the tooltip 33% of 412.9
    when lightning weapon criticals the lightning burst still calculates the damage would happen if wasnt critical.
    IN case of critical it should be 33% of 722.6 lightning weapon .

33% of 412.9 is 136. Your numbers all seem a bit off, and you didn't include any context for most of your pictures. If you want to help show off this bug, fine, otherwise, last I checked, the bug report forums are not for debating on which bugs should or shouldn't be fixed.
    my updated picture ( the correct one ) shows 32,41% of 412.9 . the difference is minimal.

example from visual point of view do you know how much power you need to reach the 1% ?
    i see 1% at 200 1% at 275 1% at 300 1 % at 400 and go on.

thank you.

edited September 2017
    You are going to need to rephrase everything you just said if you expect me to understand what you said or asked.

The words "the difference is minimal" stick out to me though, since this is math we are talking about. We know the exact equation, and we can control every variable on preview. There is no "difference is minimal" if the answer isn't exactly correct, it's wrong. One plus one is not three simply because the difference is minimal.

The words "how much power" stick out to me also. Power scales (or at least should, if it worked like the other weapon enchants) each piece of the enchant equally by the bonus from power, which is the same bonus used to multiply the original hit, so no place in the equation for determining the damage of Lightning Burst is power a required component, since Lightning Burst should deal the same proportional damage to Lightning Weapon at 0 power as it does at 15 billion power.

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited September 2017

rjc9000 said:

The Storm Spell offhand feature is a bug. It is in my list of bugs for CW. Well, it is a collection of bugs. It shouldn't crit, it shouldn't proc on non crits, it shouldn't be able to proc itself and it shouldn't overwrite the normal damage of Storm Spell. The fact that it doesn't work per the tooltip has been known since mod 5, in a list of CW bugs written ages ago.
    edited September 2017

Sorry i wanted to come here to express there you are right it has a bug. ALso i wanted to add there is a round off( see my next post). I posted screenshots prove that we cant have accurate results based on the tooltips but we need the combat log to find the 100% accurate number.

I already deleted the post with the inconsistencies.
    Could you explain how you rounded 136 to 133?

edited September 2017

Sorry i wanted to come here to express there you are right it has a bug. ALso i wanted to add there is a round off( see my next post). I posted screenshots prove that we cant have accurate results based on the tooltips but we need the combat log to find the 100% accurate number.

I already deleted the post with the inconsistencies.
    Awesome thank you. Yes tooltips with scaling numbers can never be trusted at all. It was the "33% more weapon damage" part that I was saying was inaccurate, since it should work identically to the Holy Avenger self buff (which is also a 33% increase). Said inaccuracy is caused simply by non-crits.

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Addendum of the bug:

From initial testing, the ability based Crit/non Crits for Bilethorn 2nd hit/Lightning burst still exists on Unparalleled Bilethorn/Unparalleled Lightning.