test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Buffs and debuffs need a tonedown

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited April 2017

I am not the one claiming to be THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD!

You might not be the 1 claiming to be the greatest in the world, but right now you making a pretty good claim at the position of the stupidist in the world.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited April 2017

Anybody can do speedruns. I am now waiting for the videos of naked FBI runs with no GWFs and no DCs. No Holy Avengers, no Forgehammers, max 3.2k IL and no debuff artifacts or pets. Come on guys, entertain me. I am bored with speedrun videos.

tom#6998 said:

still waiting for your speedrun defiatone. since anyone can do it and its so easy.

I promise u if u show us a 12min FBI we do FBI and eSP naked

I am not the one claiming to be THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD! Gimme a break, Mickey. I know you want this post closed, cuz you can't live without your cheese.

So basicly u are contradicting yourself xD. First u say anyone can do it. Then u say only The GREATEST IN THE HAMSTER NW WORLD can do it.

So whats your point now?

If only the greatest can do it then i dont get why u opened this thread in the 1st place?

• wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I don't know where the HAMSTER you get that information from but when people call me the best GWF (Which im not) I always say that Im definitely not #1 there are GWFs that are maxed and can outdps me am I up there though? yes I am. And I can be part of any convo I want buddy I have the right to voice my oppinion as you have the right to voice yours.
    edited April 2017

I am not the one claiming to be THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD!

You might not be the 1 claiming to be the greatest in the world, but right now you making a pretty good claim at the position of the stupidist in the world.
    Ya, I am stupid. That is why you are having an argument instead of getting to work on those naked runs to prove me wrong.
    I don't need to prove anything to you defiant, your opinion means very little to me. Your arguments have more holes than Swiss cheese.

You seem to be the self-proclaimed master of insults. Wow.

Of coarse. "Don't argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

So I am not arguing, just insulting.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    I think u are speaking from 3.5k+ perspective. From a 2k player perspective, without those buff&debuff, 2k people is going to struggle doing etos. Especially in PUG where sometime there are no 3k to help them.
    edited April 2017
    since you are not answering any of my arguments i guess u admit that you only talk HAMSTER?

The debuffs, buffs, damage mitigation and stats are getting out of hand so much, that players can speedrun content with no skill. It is to the point where players refuse to do naked runs for fear they will look bad after bragging they are so great. I love it.

where is your proof that speedruns (sub 12min fbis) are doable without skill. You are just making claims without any proofs to back them up. And when someone is asking you to do it yourselfs then u say uuuu i dont have enough skill for that...
    I love it.
  • gorillalikegorillalike Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So much hate... :blush: I love it!
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Well why don't you do them then?

The debuffs, buffs, damage mitigation and stats are getting out of hand so much, that players can speedrun content with no skill. It is to the point where players refuse to do naked runs for fear they will look bad after bragging they are so great. I love it.

No point in doing so.

Someone's always going to poke holes into our stuff for claiming we are exploiters.

For examples, some would flag us for using that wacky "animation canceling" exploit.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find a way to unban every game I've played where I've canceled an animation.

and now if we do naked fbi run then we proof you wrong? So basicly if we manage to do FBI without gear but still using buffs/debuffs in which way is this contradicting your point? i just dont get it xD
  • mystikmiamimystikmiami Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    > @defiantone99 said:
    > I mean the game does not require much skill when everything is so stupidly overpowered in comparison to enemies.

Everyone please read the above very carefully MULTIPLE TIMES. Stop crying for nerfs, BUFF HEALTH & DAMAGE on enemy mobs to match the player's power/skill/item level in TIERED CONTENT. 3K would keep the current content maybe slightly harder. 3.5K gets a tier, 4K gets a tier, so on and so forth. They've already talked about tiered content in a previous stream, let them get to it however far out it may be. When that does come, you won't be seeing 11 minute FBI runs and you won't complain about them anymore. Instead you'll be complaining about why you can't get into the 3.5K+ or whatever tiered dungeons and how its not fair. It's constant complaining no matter what changes are proposed/implemented to please players.

(I know Item level is getting changed but to make it easier I'll use the current system.)

Not everyone wants to be nerfed. Because the 4K players won't like it and the the 3Ks and below will be screaming that they're weak and they've hit a magical nonexistant wall and can't progress and demand buffs.

Since I enjoy speedruns, my reason for participating in them is to challenge myself and my party to complete the content in the fastest time we possibly can. THAT'S now our challenge. We pretty much have all the gear we want, so its no longer about the loot, its about how fast the dungeon in question can get done. That's now our form of entertainment.

We've been over this too many times. Stop crying, better YOUR character. Stop complaining about what the higher item level people can/can't do. Worry about what YOU can do and how to improve YOUR character. Its like every other week people want nerfs. Either adapt or get left behind, simple as that.

I am now waiting for the videos of naked FBI runs with no GWFs and no DCs. No Holy Avengers, no Forgehammers, max 3.2k IL and no debuff artifacts or pets. Come on guys, entertain me. I am bored with speedrun videos ---That is what I said. Use TRs, we are told they are the weakest class.

Just a quick question, how is it a naked run if the toons are 3.2k ilvl?
  • gorillalikegorillalike Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    @mystikmiami

Can't agree more!
    I wish I knew who it was that cried about the amount of mobs in dungeons.

"GET RID OF THE MOBS! WE DONT WANT MOBS!" And look at everyone now....

"Content isnt hard enough.. Everything is 'trivialized'"

Stop crying. No one cares about your salty tears. You want something, you get it and then cry about getting what you wanted.

Someone please close this thread before defiantone gets animation cancelled. He's just salty he's not part of the "elitists" and rides the pine.
    edited April 2017

Yes, but if you really want challenge, would it not be better to strip down to the minimum gear, minimum cheese and the hardest setups instead of the easiest?

back when in mod 9 ppl where complaining about the same stuff and asked the same things we did an CN only wearing mainhands (mainhand and shield as tank). It wasnt really challenging it only took a while little longer.
    Its more challenging to try to get the most perfect run possible with a group where every party member tries to play to his absolute peak. Also did u read that segment i said earlier? THERE ARE ALRDY SOLO AND DUO FBIS out there. So clearly we need 3.5K and 4K dungeons.

and thumbs up to what mystik said
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    > @defiantone99 said:
    > I am now waiting for the videos of naked FBI runs with no GWFs and no DCs. No Holy Avengers, no Forgehammers, max 3.2k IL and no debuff artifacts or pets. Come on guys, entertain me. I am bored with speedrun videos ---That is what I said. Use TRs, we are told they are the weakest class.

You can definitely do a run with 3.2k characters and the rest you mention. It will be long but is doable (me and a fellow Hr at 3.4-3.5k managed to pass over the Manticore before one of us had to leave for RL issues). Add a tank, a temptlock andanother DPS or a healadin and I see no big issues.
    But you are right in saying that low gear runs are pretty much the only challenging thing left in the game.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    > gabrieldourden said: But you are right in saying that low gear runs are pretty much the only challenging thing left in the game.

Thats because you have reached the end game where there really ISN'T anything to do so you do speedruns. That's a challenge. Struggling is one thing, peak performance is another.
    > @tom#6998 said:
    > Yes, but if you really want challenge, would it not be better to strip down to the minimum gear, minimum cheese and the hardest setups instead of the easiest?
    >
    > back when in mod 9 ppl where complaining about the same stuff and asked the same things we did an CN only wearing mainhands (mainhand and shield as tank). It wasnt really challenging it only took a while little longer.
    > Its more challenging to try to get the most perfect run possible with a group where every party member tries to play to his absolute peak. Also did u read that segment i said earlier? THERE ARE ALRDY SOLO AND DUO FBIS out there. So clearly we need 3.5K and 4K dungeons.
    >
    > and thumbs up to what mystik said

Just for my knowledge, what classes did solo and duo it? Only for understanding, not trying to troll.
    > @mystikmiami said:
    >
    > > gabrieldourden said: But you are right in saying that low gear runs are pretty much the only challenging thing left in the game.
    >
    > Thats because you have reached the end game where there really ISN'T anything to do so you do speedruns. That's a challenge. Struggling is one thing, peak performance is another.

I don't see speed running as a challenge. It's plain boring. I'm running all day in my real life, I don't want to run in games too.
    I've done an FBI duo with my CW and a DC
    edited April 2017
    Ty mystik. If anybody did it without a DC or a tank I would be interested in asking a few questions. Me and the other HR will try again soon and I'm trying to understand how we can survive Hypothermia (everything else should not be an issue).
This discussion has been closed.