test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

With Loadouts coming up, what to focus on for a "universal" OP?

mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
edited April 2017 in The Citadel
With loadouts, you can easily switch from Protection to Devotion, any thoughts on Race, Stat rolls, Companions and whatnot, that would make an OP a good compromise in both paragons?

I assume active companions isn't included in the loadouts?

Comments

• fontanaelunaefontanaelunae Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    As far as I have seen, respec (stats, powers, feats, boons) and character sheet (armor, weapons, artifacts, active powers) are included. Companions and horses are not included. Please correct me, if I'm wrong.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Correct, companions and mounts aren't included in loadouts, it's just powers, feats and gear.

I assume most players will stick with whatever gear they have and not have a 2nd set - at least not immediately. I think the OP and DC are in the best place for being able to multitask with one set of gear, with pallies switching between prot and healadin and DC's switching between two versions of buff DO/AC and possibly 1 heal if they like running with random pugs).

The main difference between Prot and Heal (I believe) is in stat allocations of Crit and Recovery. The prot works with higher crit and the healadin goes for higher recovery. It's possible to have a couple of ranked up artifacts to alter the balance by a couple of thousand points and that'll probably do but unless you go for serious investment I think it'll be a bit difficult to have optimised builds for both paths.

Personally I'll aim for an optimised prot and a 'reasonable' heal spec.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I plan on two different DevOP builds; one build for groups that has Aura Gifts, and one build for solo that has purifying fire. The reality is that DevOPs can tank all but the very toughest bosses (read: Orcus) without any problem. (*caveat: I haven't run the dungeons in SKT because I really hate that module)
    Ruby, I think I remember you saying you ran as a prot for a while, do you not find the prot does better damage? I'm just thinking of the utility of running solo stuff.

The prot benefits from power increasing when you get hit and divine call reflects 5% of incoming damage.

• ambulatesambulates Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    devotion op does more damage then a protector because of healing warmth. ive used the same gear and build and stats but switched from protector to devo and healing warmth provided more damage then the high crit build protector. currently running protector 100% crit build and does amazing damage. the devotion does do well with this build as well but you just see less crit numbers because of healing warmth and oath strike dealing less damage then shielding strike not to mention the power that protector gets from just being a protector. the issue with devotion is that don't have as many buffs as a protector making it seem the damage is lower but its not. in conclusion protector has more burst but little less damage but devotion as more dots and slightly more damage but less burst. and plus running a protector you get into dungeons faster anyway. but with load outs you can change in the dungeon making tricky bosses a lot easier
    I'm certainly looking forward to trying out Devotion. Does anyone know if BG/HW triggers off of the owlbear cub btw? I have one from before they nerfed the DoTs.

armadeonx said:

I'm certainly looking forward to trying out Devotion. Does anyone know if BG/HW triggers off of the owlbear cub btw? I have one from before they nerfed the DoTs.

BG/HW triggers off healing allies, so although I'm not sure, if your owlbear cub creates a heal proc on an ally, I would think it should trigger BG/HW in a round about way. Owlbear cub procs--->Lifesteal---->Prism---->Heal Ally---->BG/HW
    Actually I just went back and read the tool-tip lol, funny the things you forget after a while. It does damage equal to 50% of your power on non-crit hits but only for encounters :(

yeah the owlbear isn't as good as before for burning guidance. so Id suggest not using that and plus protector works better with crit chance so
    If you have bonding stones (and preferably Aura Gifts) and low crit, owlbear cub still rocks. An extra hit for 1/2 power can wind up being a pretty hard smack.
  • mcgwarfacemcgwarface Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    What is the number range to be considered low crit vs high crit? I am sitting at 4k. Best number for owlbear? My power hits 140k or higher in group combat and 110k solo

What is the number range to be considered low crit vs high crit? I am sitting at 4k. Best number for owlbear? My power hits 140k or higher in group combat and 110k solo

I'm at 4K crit as well; looks like with those power numbers you are a ProtOP? You'll actually get more use out of the Owlbear Cub than a DevOP since you would (probably) be using more encounters that actually proc the extra hit. You might also consider getting the Magistrate's Restraint insignia bonus for when you do crit; that way you get bonus damage whether or not you crit.
    the owlbear might add up to some but the crit stat itself is actually more beneficial for protector. Crit is only good because of Templar wrath for the more temporary hp. Actually that is incorrect because devotion paladin has more recharge speed usually having cooldowns that are shorter. the issue with using owlbear with devotion is that the bonus does not proc off of vow of enmity which you cast every 5 seconds on a devotion paladin.
    ambulates said:

the owlbear might add up to some but the crit stat itself is actually more beneficial for protector. Crit is only good because of Templar wrath for the more temporary hp. Actually that is incorrect because devotion paladin has more recharge speed usually having cooldowns that are shorter. the issue with using owlbear with devotion is that the bonus does not proc off of vow of enmity which you cast every 5 seconds on a devotion paladin.

In a group setting, DevOPs really only have one encounter (at most) they are using that can proc Owlbear Cub since they are (should be) using both Bond of Virtue and Vow of Emnity.
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Id like to think of my op as one with ''universal'' build as it can tank, do some dps and pvp as well. With loadouts I can diversify and hopefully increase its capability in each area. We'll see.
  • mcfly#2257 mcfly Member Posts: 20 Arc User

Can somebody explain me how someone can reach 110k selfbuffed power?
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Protector's Oath (the class ability that increases your power as you take damage up to 10% of your max health) + Aura Gifts (shares 25% of your power, and Oath counts towards this power) + 3xR12 bonding companion (Companion's gift is based on buffed companion power, including Aura Gifts).
    edited April 2017
    dupeks said:

Protector's Oath (the class ability that increases your power as you take damage up to 10% of your max health) + Aura Gifts (shares 25% of your power, and Oath counts towards this power) + 3xR12 bonding companion (Companion's gift is based on buffed companion power, including Aura Gifts).
    Thanks for the answer. I had a short conversation in game with a paladin who had 25k power (what I thought is high) and a 4k+ gearscore. I asked him if he is going for damage because of his high power. He answered not really but he wants high power for aura gifts. I don't know if his compagnion was arround but he told me he tried to push power to max the benefit of aura gifts. So I wonder how a 4k+ paladin (maybe without a compagnion) has "only" 25k power while mcgwarface has 110k.
    That huge boost to power comes from high HP and r12 bondings (as per dupeks description) - power on your gear adds a minimal amount to your in-combat total.

In terms of damage, the impact on power to your dps decreases as it goes up - for survival & DPS (the same thing for prot pallies) you want your crit chance to be at least 65% in-combat.

It's entirely possible to achieve 100k+ power and +75% crit chance once your character is maxed. That's a temp health boost of ~85% 3 out of times times you hit TW.

armadeonx said:

That huge boost to power comes from high HP and r12 bondings (as per dupeks description) - power on your gear adds a minimal amount to your in-combat total.

In terms of damage, the impact on power to your dps decreases as it goes up - for survival & DPS (the same thing for prot pallies) you want your crit chance to be at least 65% in-combat.

It's entirely possible to achieve 100k+ power and +75% crit chance once your character is maxed. That's a temp health boost of ~85% 3 out of times times you hit TW.

Thx.
    I don't won't to hijack this thread so I'll open another one with more questions.
    Cool np