test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I can't start a quest

zenith#5318 zenith Member Posts: 15 Arc User
Hi. As a Trickster Rogue I got a mail from "A Friend". He is a cloaked man who is hiding in a bush. He is supposed to give me quests for my class. When I speak to the cloaked man, he only tells me to move away because I'm drawing attention. I also tried to speak with him while stealthed but the result is the same. What am I doing wrong?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    What level are and where are trying to talk to him? (which zone)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    That sounds like blacklake district, I think he will light up with a quest after you bang around out there for a bit. It's not a huge deal if you skip the cloaked man quest, I think its only some XP and copper...it's been a while since I had that.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    pitshade said:

What level are and where are trying to talk to him? (which zone)

It is what Sundance777 said - in the Blacklake district. He is hiding near a bridge somewhere on the center of the map. The quest starts at level 8, I think.
  • Options
    You are level 8? I checked the wiki earlier and that was the required level, but it may not be accurate. It's been some time since my rogues did Blacklake so my knowledge is rusty. However, it seems that the letter/mail gets sent out for class quests when you unlock the zone, not necessarily when you reach the level for the quest. My advice is to run the other quests there and after each level up, check to see if he offers the quest. It isn't possible to outlevel these quests, btw. You will need to do this quest before you can do the nexr one, in Neverdeath Graveyard.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The race and class quest messages get sent when you reach the correct level for them, assuming you've done the chain to that point. If levelling a new character and you know when you should receive those messages, you'll see that the mail lights up either when you hit the level threshold, or when you complete a prerequisite if you've skipped over them previously. The quests are available as soon as you get the mail.

The OP having received the mail but not being able to get the quest indicates to me that something is wrong. Or that they already accepted the quest, forgot, and need to complete it to turn in.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    I was nearly level 20 last time when I tried to speak with him and I think I did all quests in that zone. When I got the mail I just saw that the cloaked man awaits me there and then I deleted it. I didn't even visit a mailbox because I didn't see any items attached to the mail. Now I'm a bit worried if that mail was actually a quests that I skipped.
  • Options
    Just to make sure, go to Neverdeath and talk to him there. He is just past the long bridge where the early quests are near a wagon on the right of the path.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Yeah, if you can't talk to him in Blacklake, try Neverdeath. You might have done the earlier one and forgotten. You don't have to keep the mail for the quest, it's only a prompt to look for it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    He gave me a quest in Neverdeath. Thanks for the answers though. I'm too high level for Blacklake now anyway.
  • Options
    You cannot have gotten the quest in Neverdeath if you never did the one in Blacklake. Race and class quests are chains with each quest being a prerequisite to the next. You probably just forgot.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    goodyearbaddaygoodyearbadday Member Posts: 59 Arc User

He gave me a quest in Neverdeath. Thanks for the answers though. I'm too high level for Blacklake now anyway.

As long as you accept the first quest (and as far as I know, even if you don't) you can complete the quests at any time. I have completed several on 60 & 70 toons. you can got to the link below to find a list of quests, race & class quests are @ the bottom of the page. search your questlog "J" for unfinished quests & choose the Force Display option.