test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

the punishment of reaching stronghold level 20: needs fix

zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
Once a guild reaches Stronghold 20, it should in principal be as easy or easier to obtain guildmarks as with an underdeveloped stronghold. But the reality is, since all of the sections of the coffer are maxed, it is harder.

You think Ok but there are allied guilds. Go donate to their coffers.
But reality is and has been the areas you want to donate are almost always full there too.

So what happens and has been happening for a long while now is this:
Players who want guildmarks will buy things to donate off the AH, go to PE, leave guild, make a new guild, donate to a fresh stronghold Level 1 max, return to PE, destroy the new guild, create another guild, donate to the fresh stronghold level 1, destroy that guild, rinse and repeat until that toon is maxed on marks, then repeat with another toon. A typical few hours guild mark farming session may involve the creation/destruction of 50 or more guilds by one player easily and this needs to stop.

Please allow a Stronghold Rank 20 to donate to the coffer indefinitely for guldmarks even if the coffer is full.

People can and will still donate to allied coffers. But it ends this stupid "guild creation/destruction" business.
A guild should not have a harder time getting guildmarks because they achieved the highest rank possible.

Thanks.
@mimicking#6533
@asterdahl
@terramak
Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Isn't this somewhat solved with the new temporary structures being released with mod 11b?

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Isn't this somewhat solved with the new temporary structures being released with mod 11b?

Not really because the structures don't require any shards or campaign currencies. Mostly SH-produced resources and nothing that players tend to be looking to dump because they have too much of it.

Perhaps all the members of Rank 20 guilds should go back to the Influence mines for their allies (which I say tongue-in-cheek since I recognize that the big reward of maxing out your guild is declaring that you are never running another $*%(&#! SH HE again).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

Not really because the structures don't require any shards or campaign currencies. Mostly SH-produced resources and nothing that players tend to be looking to dump because they have too much of it.

Perhaps all the members of Rank 20 guilds should go back to the Influence mines for their allies (which I say tongue-in-cheek since I recognize that the big reward of maxing out your guild is declaring that you are never running another $*%(&#! SH HE again).
    I didn't check the prices, I stupidly assumed that was the main purpose of the temp structures. Yeah this definitely needs looked at then.

• zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited April 2017

How about making it where you can't donate to a guild coffer until the guild exists for 24 hours. :p

Lol sure if a way to donate to a max stronghold is put in place, no problem. But the with no other changes?

Once you put in all that work to get a Rank 20 stronghold you are really up #$%@ creek and reliant on minimal allied coffer space donating for guild marks. That will lead to allied helms kicking allied guilds to bring in new allied guilds that have coffer space.
    Post edited by zeusom on
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    about time to let us build a few more plots if you ask me. at least 1 more boon.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.

about time to let us build a few more plots if you ask me. at least 1 more boon.

Once it's finished, the problem will remain unsolved. It must be a permanent resource sink. If they do not allow you to "throw away" resources to gain guild marks, you cannot continue gaining them.

edited April 2017

Once it's finished, the problem will remain unsolved. It must be a permanent resource sink. If they do not allow you to "throw away" resources to gain guild marks, you cannot continue gaining them.
    Hmm fair point. Im sure they could make a "trader" guy that trades resources away for refined AD to guilds that need resources and have extra AD. But the money that comes back in should only be controlled by the guild leader so they can give it back to your members or something. Just an idea.

The throw away idea or another way to earn guild marks would be nice too.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.

Hmm fair point. Im sure they could make a "trader" guy that trades resources away for refined AD to guilds that need resources and have extra AD. But the money that comes back in should only be controlled by the guild leader so they can give it back to your members or something. Just an idea.
    Something like that, but I don't think they will ever make unbound bags of AD. That is asking to be botted.

edited April 2017
    The throw away idea or another way to earn guild marks would be nice too. Maybe add that to the new guild event or seige?
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Destroy Guild Hall...build it again :wink:

But yeah, I think this is a major problem also.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Funny..STO ran into this exact problem and if i recall, solved it years ago. There is a repeateable quest task in STO for maxed bases. I dont recall what the bonus was for finishing it but i could think of alot of bonuses that arent gamebreaking.

This issue was raised day 1 when strongholds was announced.
    vida44 said:

Destroy Guild Hall...build it again :wink:

But yeah, I think this is a major problem also.

OMG NO WAY LOL. =[]