test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tyrany of the dragons - boons!! low level!!

solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
ok so i made this new SW at level 26 now, and i just started the tyrnay of the dragons campaign!
Whats the fastest way to get all the boons?
I want to have all the boons by when i hit level 60 not counting the ones from the well of the dragon?

Comments

• Options
    zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    The limiting factor on the boons before WoD is arcane lore. Do the weekly defeating dragons quest for 10 lore and the common cause daily quest for like 3 lore until you have enough. The last 2 before WoD and all the WoD boons also take boon unlock books from the shores of tureen skirmish(listed with epic dungeons but it's actually a skirmish) and lair of lostmauth epic dungeon. You need to be level 70 and have a minimum item level to do these but you can simply buy the books on the auction house instead. One is really cheap, the other is like 30-40k.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    The books can be bought from the Quartermaster in PE near Boward.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    greywynd said:

The books can be bought from the Quartermaster in PE near Boward.

This takes so many days worth of quests to collect the currency that nobody in their right mind would do it, and I frankly think advising anyone to go to the vendor rather than the auction is bad advice bordering on trolling.

(Also, completely irrelevant to a question about how to earn the boons fast.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

This takes so many days worth of quests to collect the currency that nobody in their right mind would do it, and I frankly think advising anyone to go to the vendor rather than the auction is bad advice bordering on trolling.

It's an option. The only really fast way is to drop zen on the campaign completion token.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    greywynd said:

It's an option. The only really fast way is to drop zen on the campaign completion token.
    +1. Only one of my few toons that has all the ToD boon after years.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I have it on my main. He finished last Winterfest by fishing.
  • Options
    kydavi#1678 kydavi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Yeah, didn't finish the last boon on my main until the last 2x campaign currency; spammed Tiamat during hoard level 4 almost every hour for a couple of days. Probably wont on my alts unless I break down and buy the token, it just takes way to long otherwise.
    kydavi

Main: Nidara Devilspawn- Ranger
    Alt: Aradin Coldblood- Fighter
    Alt: Lucrezia Vileborn- Warlock
  • Options
    I don't worry myself over it. If/when the get it, they get it.
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I have half the requirements for first boon at level 29, things looking good
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    The real ToD boon grind is th he last couple and due to Linu.... so stingy with her favors.
    But a rare benefit of NWO power creep is that Tiamat runs are almost always a 1 or 2 round win and certain Linu.
    So, OP, getting on a Tia Zerg channel (when you qualify) will speed you through the last boons.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Yeah those last few boons are a killer with the Linu's. .. after 2 years of slow grinding dragon runs I ended closing the last 2 out from ice fishing the winter fest... gods what a blessing that was
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I joined a good "Zerg" group (Zerg_legion) which was doing Tiamat multiple times per day at that time, so that wasn't so bad.
    Hoping for improvements...