test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

to much armor causing problems

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    urtew3 said:

sorry but I'm not a troll I'm trying to tell the truth because when i see people running around in invisible pants all they do is make there toon look dumb even if i see underwear or not just saying

People transmute their shirt and pants/trousers to invisible because they don't want to see them on their characters. Some armors look good without a shirt underneath. Some like the bare legged look.

And then there's Red Sonja, known for adventuring in knee-high boots and a scale- or chain-mail bikini.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Consider for example this armor:

Why would you want to wear anything but invisible pants with it ?

For the record, this is one of the armors you cannot obtain any more, but I saw there was one copy available in the AH for 3.900.000 AD.

Funny thing is - there was actually a (very short) period where you could have topless female characters - don't click on the following link if you are offended by such stuff: imgur.com/g9c7fvl.jpg
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I'll not rest till they add swimwear, bikinis and other stupid HAMSTER like Tera did.
  • fontanaelunaefontanaelunae Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    Waaaaah! :-O
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Last time I listed my spare Armor of Lolth, it was for only 3,000,000AD but I got no takers. Just because one was listed, doesn't mean they sell at that price.

Note also thay Emperor's pants/shirt don't remove the burlap undies. Initially they did on Preview, but there are armors (obviously) that don't cover everything and a change was made PDQ.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • mousebreaker85#4641 mousebreaker85 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Stop playing the p0r|\| version and you won't have to worry about it
    "Wait!! You mean that is not a sword hilt dangling below his knees? Are you sure he's a dwarf?"

@adinosii that is funny as hell !
    They forgot to put the napples on her oranges
    Post edited by mousebreaker85#4641 on
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

I'll not rest till they add swimwear, bikinis and other stupid HAMSTER like Tera did.

Well.... the South Sea stuff + the Body Paint add those, so...

Does that mean we'll get more fashion items?
    adinosii said:

(Offtopic: Those eyes are creeping me out.
    Reminds me of prepatch Foster "My Face is Tired" Addison).

• urtew3urtew3 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2017

why would you think I would be hating on you're dc armor when that's not the version of the armor I was talking about cause there is a other version of that armor that I just don't like about it but how do you create that face ?
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I didn't even know that there was a "nude file" for this game until this discussion.

Does it work with the rendering of Valindra? Asking for a friend...
    edited April 2017
    chemjeff said:

I didn't even know that there was a "nude file" for this game until this discussion.

Does it work with the rendering of Valindra? Asking for a friend...

when you put the file in the game folder it just removes the underwear from the female but not companions
    edited April 2017
    rjc9000 said:

ghoulz66 said:

Well.... the South Sea stuff + the Body Paint add those, so...

Does that mean we'll get more fashion items?
    adinosii said:

(Offtopic: Those eyes are creeping me out.
    Reminds me of prepatch Foster "My Face is Tired" Addison).
    i do agree that i wouldn't mind running around with a biking that only showed underwear with body and paint on the legs where i bet it would of been a good set since i doubt that they would even make something like that but who knows

• qwregtqwregt Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Consider for example this armor:

For the record, this is one of the armors you cannot obtain any more, but I saw there was one copy available in the AH for 3.900.000 AD.

Funny thing is - there was actually a (very short) period where you could have topless female characters - don't click on the following link if you are offended by such stuff: imgur.com/g9c7fvl.jpg

i dont play as often but when i do play i do come across some players that have a simular version of the Loith that looks nothing like what you're dc is wearing cause if you saw the either version of the chest piece you will see what hes talking about
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    adinosii said:

For the record, this is one of the armors you cannot obtain any more

I've got the GF version.

BtC.

On my OP...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    qwregt said:

.... if you saw the either version of the chest piece you will see what hes talking about

What the OP was talking about was probably this:

Being basically only an upper half, it does look a bit silly - the Lolth armor is better designed IMO. I do not agree that something like this is "causing problems" like the OP said - I consider it a silly overreaction.
    adinosii said:

qwregt said:

.... if you saw the either version of the chest piece you will see what hes talking about

What the OP was talking about was probably this:

Being basically only an upper half, it does look a bit silly - the Lolth armor is better designed IMO. I do not agree that something like this is "causing problems" like the OP said - I consider it a silly overreaction.
    why would you think there would be only one lolth chest piece in the game cause i have seen other version of it where nothing hangs down from it and if i knew what it was dude do you think i would of had it posted here
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    urtew3 said:

and yes I do have the nude file in the game because I like how it looks i was only complaining about some of the armor pieces because cryptic didn't do much of a good job why players tend to run around showing off there front and rear because the armor pieces they have don't do much to cover up there toon as much why i just get sick of seeing this from level 70 toons

Have you tought that no developer has bother to think about how the armor would look with nor underwear because you CANT remove the underwear

If you want to complain about the armors that shouldnt show in you third party mod go complain to the one s that made it !!!

you cant expect that developers change the base gamen because you placed a file to mod the original game...

this is just unbelievable...
    edited April 2017
    sorry took me some time to find this chest piece after i saw it on a paladin or gf today cause i see people running around with this one all the time without pants why i think this one looks silly as well where i like the dark armor of lolth over this one
    Post edited by qwregt on
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    urtew3 said:

how do you create that face ?

It's an old face, so you had to make your character before they updated the head models. You can keep an old look if you have it, but you can't create them anymore.

As for the new Lolth armor and other pieces, their "skirts" were removed by accident and will be returned soon.

And +1 to thinking it's extremely foolish to install a nude mod and then complain that characters look nude.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

urtew3 said:

how do you create that face ?

It's an old face, so you had to make your character before they updated the head models. You can keep an old look if you have it, but you can't create them anymore.

As for the new Lolth armor and other pieces, their "skirts" were removed by accident and will be returned soon.

And +1 to thinking it's extremely foolish to install a nude mod and then complain that characters look nude.

its not about running the file its just the way they have created the armor cause to many people think they look cool in underwear theses days in neverwinter when they don't but make there female toon look more silly than ever why I wasn't complaining about the armor of Lolth but was complaining about the hellfire and Lifesilk Spinneret armor
    urtew3 said:

its not about running the file its just the way they have created the armor cause to many people think they look cool in underwear theses days in neverwinter when they don't but make there female toon look more silly than ever why I wasn't complaining about the armor of Lolth but was complaining about the hellfire and Lifesilk Spinneret armor

The only thing I find silly is the complaint.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    There is no rule, at all, about character looks and fashion. You can wear what you want and how you want. If I wanna run around in nothing but golden pantaloons and a horse head. I can. The game even allows players to run around in their undies and still gain full stats.

This is not going to change. Nor should it. If you dont like how someone looks, you dont have to play with them. You dont even have to share an instance with them. You have the tools to move along.

What you dont have is the right to play fashion police and report people because you dont like how they look. They arnt breaking any rules and dont deserve to be harrassed. Use of a nude patch, however, IS breaking the rules. For that reason alone, im shocked that this whole topic hasnt been locked yet.

There is no rule, at all, about character looks and fashion. You can wear what you want and how you want. If I wanna run around in nothing but golden pantaloons and a horse head. I can. The game even allows players to run around in their undies and still gain full stats.

This is not going to change. Nor should it. If you dont like how someone looks, you dont have to play with them. You dont even have to share an instance with them. You have the tools to move along.

What you dont have is the right to play fashion police and report people because you dont like how they look. They arnt breaking any rules and dont deserve to be harrassed. Use of a nude patch, however, IS breaking the rules. For that reason alone, im shocked that this whole topic hasnt been locked yet.

so you're saying that its ok for players to run in there underwear but its not ok for us players to use the file even if we have it or not cause I don't see it breaking the rules even if its the same as underwear so get over it
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Because running around in your undies isn't against the rules, but altering game files is. Sure, a nude patch is fairly innocuous. Nor do I expect people get banned for using them. Unless they do something monumentally stupid like advertising the fact that they are, on the companies own forums no less.

Can you honestly not see why altering game files is bad? Or why the company cant even attempt to support it? Something that might alter the games rating or earn disfavor with Hasbro. This is really VERY basic level good and bad type concepts. I'm honestly astounded you can even question it. Let alone having the unmitigated gall to use an unsupported mod and then use that as a platform to elevate yourself to fashion police.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    This guy is amazing, I feel my brain entering a whole new level.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

Because running around in your undies isn't against the rules, but altering game files is. Sure, a nude patch is fairly innocuous. Nor do I expect people get banned for using them. Unless they do something monumentally stupid like advertising the fact that they are, on the companies own forums no less.

Can you honestly not see why altering game files is bad? Or why the company cant even attempt to support it? Something that might alter the games rating or earn disfavor with Hasbro. This is really VERY basic level good and bad type concepts. I'm honestly astounded you can even question it. Let alone having the unmitigated gall to use an unsupported mod and then use that as a platform to elevate yourself to fashion police.

you guys have to much on your hands while worrying about things that you shouldn't big deal if you dont like what he is running like there is much more to worry about than that so why not just move on
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    qwregt said:

you guys have to much on your hands while worrying about things that you shouldn't big deal if you dont like what he is running like there is much more to worry about than that so why not just move on
    Pot, kettle, black.

Edit: Thought it was the OP.

It's him that was complaining he seeing naked people, while using..yup... the naked mod... No one here wouldn't give a damn what he does with himself, but to ask the devs to change armors because.... yes...
    Post edited by micky1p00 on
  • mousebreaker85#4641 mousebreaker85 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    @sockmunkey2020
    Yes who would BE dumb enough to go on a game companies own forums and tell everyone they are using a EULA ToS breaking third party file!??
    Lmfao (*cough cough OP cough cough)
    I liked that one bro!

Oh and @quregt The post itself about a silly dress code and telling him not to worry about what others are doing?!?!
    Are you trolling or is it possible the irony of that statement is truly flying that far over your head...
    seriously...this thread deserves to die.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I agreed with the above post, but there is a certain sick entertainment value.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother