test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are our buffs noticable?

Recently I ran a CN me (GF tactician) and 2x good dps and 2x lowbies who wanted to learn the dungeon. I must say it was fairly easy. Dps was huge and we did it smoothly even without DC. So my question is - is there a point for us to try be buffers? I noticed I'm mainly focusing on tanking and protecting my party members, cause survivability is the only thing they lack. Already gave up on crushing pin, and using only CS at boss fights. I don't feel like there's a difference for my party whether I use Crushing Pin or not.

I'm curious about your opinion guys, do you feel like your buff are the difference in dungs/raids?

Comments

• tuka93#1385 tuka93 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    The usuals I run with notice a difference. He's a 3.3 gwf with r12 bonds, and I run 5 points in crushing pin and he sees huge numbers after I call out using crescendo and CS. He will use IBS and sees a big increase in his hits. We run a low iL dc or healadin so power share isn't maximum.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Recently I ran a CN me (GF tactician) and 2x good dps and 2x lowbies who wanted to learn the dungeon. I must say it was fairly easy. Dps was huge and we did it smoothly even without DC. So my question is - is there a point for us to try be buffers? I noticed I'm mainly focusing on tanking and protecting my party members, cause survivability is the only thing they lack. Already gave up on crushing pin, and using only CS at boss fights. I don't feel like there's a difference for my party whether I use Crushing Pin or not.

I'm curious about your opinion guys, do you feel like your buff are the difference in dungs/raids?

There's a reason why many Tacticians/Protectors started picking up Conqueror stuff once their tanking skilll plateau'd...

There's a reason why my Tactician build is a tank build which happens to be on the Tactician path, rather than a buffing build which happens to tank...

But, I'd like to point out, that according to those old role things, the GF is supposed to be a defender/leader, or tank/support focus. While the roles have gotten smaller/less distinct over the years, I think it's intentional that the GF is NOT supposed to buff as well as the dedicated buffer DCs.

And, yes, they make a difference. ITF is love, CS is good for some classes, and people understate the benefit of marked targets. But, here's a thought: why do you think that the best endgame teams are going to include a GF in their lineup?

(And before a certain someone pops in here saying "because op pls nerf", I am talking about all GF types: Protector, Conqueror, Tactician. Doesn't matter which type you pick, the best endgame teams will almost always ask for a GF).

• kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    ITF 30%, Crushing Pin 10% these two alone make a huge difference.

I would say that 40% more damage is nothing to sneeze at.

I'm only using CS on boss fights. Using it on pack of mobs doesn't make sense imo.
    It does if you want to disable asap, this one mob that might cause issues - like those hamsters runners in FBI :D
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Not quite 40%. A little more, actually.

Assuming we have a damage with an attack range of 1-1 and we don't have any other buffs or debuffs besides ITF + Crushing Pin...

(1.3) * (1.1)

Crushing Pin can obviously be made invalid if your team has good debuff potential.

In high speed teams, I use CS on FBI mobs. I see no point in using KV if everything is one shot city, and if I'm playing a light version of a bullet h311 (would say the actual word, but not sure if censored on these forums?) game, I'd rather burn the enemies faster so there's less curtain fire on the screen.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    It was censored intially but got changed quickly as the Hells are part of D&D canon. Of course you could be clever and coin the phrase Bullet Bator.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother