test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shroud of Souls Preview Patch Notes: NW.80.20170403a.1

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Unfortunately, there were two characters broken in this build due to the accidental early release of some Queue changes in last Preview build, and the subsequent reversion in this build. Let me know if one of your important testing characters was affected. This will not affect players on the live shard.

Release Notes

Shroud of Souls
  • Another audio pass has been made to the Shroud of Souls quest line.
  • A cutscene timing pass has been made to better match the voices.

Stronghold Defense
  • Supplies no longer instantly disappear after depositing them into an empty cache.

Stronghold Structures
  • The Artisan and accompanying vendor now appear at Rank 10, reduced from Rank 12.
  • The temporary structures now last 7 days, up from 1. Costs have been increased to 40k / 60k, up from 6k / 9k.

Sword Coast Chronicle
  • Campaign completion now shows an appropriate icon at 100%, increased from 99%.
  • "Learn More" on the Boons window now properly opens Sword Coast Chronicle to the correct campaign.
  • Sword Coast Chronicle now remembers which deed a player had selected last time they closed it within the same play session.
  • The Seer campaign is no longer stuck at 86% completion for players who had completed it during a certain time period.
  • The status indicators next to deed quests now only have an "in progress" and "complete" state.

Item Level Update
  • All mount slot items are now item level 0 instead of item level 4
  • Companion tooltips now show their Item Level.
  • Fixed a bug where Artifact Powers were invisibly adding +4 item levels to artifact primary weapons and off-hands.
  • Fixed a bug where practically all player powers were doing 10-50% less damage.
  • Fixed some bugs where certain item sets were giving incorrect stats due to the item level changes.
  • Runestone tooltips now show their Item Level.
  • The "Fast Strider" mount Equip Power now correctly gives item level.
  • Turmish Lion and Starfade Stag Epic mount Equip powers were incorrectly labeled as Legendary. They are now correctly labeled as Epic and give the appropriate (250) item level.
  • Updated Companion item levels from their old placeholder values to the correct values.

Content and Environment
River District
  • A whole bunch of issues introduced on NeverwinterPreview have been addressed. (Examples: Nostura disappearing during contact interaction, missing Heroic Encounter icons, and more.)
  • The initial attempt at fixing dig site lockouts is now in this build, too.
  • Wizard attack Heroic Encounters should no longer become stuck. (This fix is already on the live play shards.)

Combat and Powers
General
  • Oathbound Paladins no longer deal large amounts of damage to themselves if Marked by a Guardian Fighter and Great Weapon Fighter in PvP while using Aura of Courage and Aura of Vengeance.
  • (Preview-only bug) The second At-Will power is once again properly added to the power tray when gained during the tutorial.
  • (Preview-only bug) There is no longer an extreme delay after selecting and confirming a Paragon Path.

Items and Economy
General
  • If players run out of bait while fishing in Sea of Moving Ice, they can now properly switch to another type without leaving and re-entering the khyek.
  • Ornately Carved Box: This now stacks to 99, increased from 5. (This fix is already on the live play shards.)

User Interface
General
  • The Salvage and Restoration windows can no longer coexist.
  • Various characters that were incorrectly shown as from the Dalelands now have their proper character backgrounds restored.
  • Vendor windows can now support more than 10 currencies, much to the dismay of the UX designer who made this change.

Localization
General
  • The first major pass of localization is in for French, German, Italian, and Russian languages.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• gwhryrgwhryr Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    where is this point...

The number of Profession Resource inventory slots has been increased to 240, up from 160.

???
  • deadshadows86deadshadows86 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Nice forum, posted one time and it disapeared ...

Well then here i go again ...

So i connected my main test char for 11.B and got a surprise : i'm not in the test guild anymore ...

So i connected other chars in the test guild and same, last i connected i opened the guild window (g) and saw it normal for half a sec before having the one with the find guild button

So i get kicked of the test guild instantly after connecting, is it because test guild was deleted ?

Anyway i hope it don't come to live ... And i don't want to start the test guild all over again ... So for testing new stronghold feature it's ... Problematic ...

Anyway here it is ...

ps : is there a way to delete most of my char on preview without doing it one by one ? Cause i've got more than 200 main char copy that are useless now and more than 50 alts copy as uselless as the other ... and if it's only one by one i'll never delete then so ...
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Great patch notes.

Not sure if it helps but:

Sword coast chronicles still on 86% for me. (completed 2 or 3 days after the launch)
    Companions went back to previous item levels ( i honestly don't understand why legendary companions give 200 IL but more than 1of them do absolutely nothing).

Post edited by treesclimber on

• terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    @gwhryr - This was posted in the previous build's patch notes, and should properly roll forward to this version. I haven't yet pulled together the full list of patch notes for the module, though I absolutely should.

@deadshadows86 - I'm admittedly not entirely sure what happened to the test guild. Sorry for the inconvenience :( And sadly, I don't have any known way to delete more than one character at a time, I might recommend just deleting a few here and there so the task of deleting *all* of them doesn't seem as daunting, or better feels like a long-term goal.

@treesclimber - Thanks!

@defiantone99 - D'oh, I don't remember seeing anything about this one, I'll make sure it gets verified / written up.
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    @terramak

"Fixed a bug where practically all player powers were doing 10-50% less damage."

Umm. Does this mean when Mod11b releases all players will suddenly be doing 10-50% more damage?
    This is huge. Why is this under the patch note category "Item Level"?
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    It's actually only a bug that showed up on preview.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    If you're curious about the discovery and resolution, it's in this thread:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229855/level-based-weapon-damage-reduced-on-preview
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    @terramak could you look at this particular bug? If a DC goes sailing on a khyek in Sea of Moving Ice, or goes into the Nostura/Gyrion demiplane with the obstacle course/jumping course respectively, the DC loses all built-up divinity and has to enter the next fight with zero divinity. Can this be looked at? It is quite annoying.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2017

i would like to point you another bug which is affecting HR and probably TR damage too:
    the damage coming from feats like piercing blade (HR) and shadow demise (TR) which are a % of the damage dealt as piercing damage is being reduced by 15% by lv 73 monsters
    Post edited by rayrdan on
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

less damage.
    being a bug it needs to be fixed regardless but can we know which class were benefiting of it more?

Uh? This was just a bug that just appeared on Preview and was squashed before it made it to Live....as for which classes benefited, it would depend on which classes used the Mulhorand weapons most, but quite frankly, it doesn't matter.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    adinosii said:

rayrdan said:

less damage.
    being a bug it needs to be fixed regardless but can we know which class were benefiting of it more?

Uh? This was just a bug that just appeared on Preview and was squashed before it made it to Live....as for which classes benefited, it would depend on which classes used the Mulhorand weapons most, but quite frankly, it doesn't matter.
    It was confusing wording without the context. To be clear: the damage bug was on preview only, and so the fix is preview only. Live never got the bug and thanks to this fix, the bug will never make it to live.

And it was for all weapons, not only Mulhorand weapons lol. The level scaling tables got mixed up in the ilvl changes, affecting the component of your weapon damage that is impacted by character level (so for instance at lvl 70 the formula was resulting in a lower damage than it should have).
    @terramak any chance you can fix companion influence stat? It's giving no stats from either active bonus, base companion stats or added companion stats by equipment.

edited April 2017

@terramak any chance you can fix companion influence stat? It's giving no stats from either active bonus, base companion stats or added companion stats by equipment.

i'm pretty sure last time i checked it worked ... on the base stats of something like the 175 power it definetely give 10% more so 2 more power ... something like that ... WAI ! (Well i know it's a useless thing as it is now so never used it personnaly ...)

Ps : For the guild bug, i asked a guildmate and he deleted it so it's normal i got kicked out so ... forget about it ...
    Post edited by deadshadows86 on
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    I just went on to check and the hole in the stairs on the left in the stronghold banquet hall is still there. I posted about it on the bug reports. If you're trying to climb those stairs you fall into a section that has no stairs and get stuck under the stairs, and /unstuck doesn't work to get out.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Companion influence stat is working on live. Didn't check on preview. Slot those insignias and then unslot them and look at the difference. I know it's super low addition to your stats but it is there. And it has diminishing returns if I still remember the results. I was testing a couple of mounts ago so forgot.
    edited April 2017
    I am sure it is not working in any way:

edited April 2017

I am sure it is not working in any way:

just for info, what are the stats of this companion without ANY item/rune ? btw just gone on preview on my char who got nearly no companion influence (2% from CHA) and on live i have one with 435 stats which are 343 base + 22% = 418 ... i think the missing are rounding or something ...

Test it for yourself, try taking everything off you companion, watch the stats (XX + YY buff) and as a purple companion it should have 20% gain of XX in YY and the bonus ... try to do the calculation for yourself but you should have 12% form CHA and idk how much % from artefact but i'll go with something like 5% ... So you should be at 17% total

Based on my base stats it should be something like 343 +17% = 401 + 20% = 482 ? Not sure ... Test for yourself but for me it's working just fine ...
    Edit : with the 4% found at the end it should come to 502 ish stat without anything on it ...

New test : Using loadout :
    Base CHA : 16 companion stat is 343 +106 = 30% (20 % from base passive buff of purple and 4% idk ... and 6% from CHA)
    New CHA : 21 companion stat is 343 + 123 = 35% (20% from passive buff and 15 % more ... SO ... 11% from CHA + the same 4% of before ...)

So ... IDK how the formulae work but it still kinda work but maybe not exactly as intended ... but it still doing something ... the 4% bonus idk where it come from ... but it's consistent on the 2 char i've got ... so there you go WAI !

PS : wasted some time to do calculs thx to you ... but now TRY for yourself ...
    edited April 2017
    Ok, so Companion influence bonus increases companion bonus based on companion stats not grant % of companion's stats to the player, it was my interpretation that was wrong, yes it is WAI and it's no excuse for you to be an HAMSTER @deadshadows86 you could just have explained that i know perfectly how to try stuff if i know the base concept.

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    terramak said:

Stronghold Structures

• The Artisan and accompanying vendor now appear at Rank 10, reduced from Rank 12.
    This will help smaller guild a lot. Really amazing change thank you
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

I read the feedback prioritization explanation, ok, i should be more careful with feedback and bug reports note taken but there are things that even digging really deep i can't find, what i think it would help a lot is, the bug section should have a integrated pool:

1.Yes i am experiencing this bug.
    2.I have no idea.
    3.No i am not experiencing this bug.
    4.This is not a bug.

Because the amount of people that visit a post is big but a big % is not willing to make a reply even if knows the bug exists.

• ruigat911ruigat911 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    And why not describe the changes in version NW.80.20170417a.1
    I just found out that i need a siegebreaker griphon.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    ruigat911 said:

And why not describe the changes in version NW.80.20170417a.1

Because didn't get around to it yet. I'm sure notes are coming.

I just found out that i need a siegebreaker griphon.

I also saw this but didn't mention it to anyone since there's no indication of how to get one, and until proven otherwise, I'm going to guess as a painfully rare drop in the most expensive event gamble pack. Which I guess would at least make mass-producing defense supplies more interesting again. It is an epic mount added to the rewards list for Siege of Neverwinter.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Have characters regained the ability to have free respecs on preview now?
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    chemjeff said:

Have characters regained the ability to have free respecs on preview now?

Last I checked, yes.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

This discussion has been closed.