test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deflect Penetration

I would like to see Armorpen offer a 2-1 or 3-1 ration on Deflect severity penetration. So if you have 100% defense penetration you would have 50% or 33.3% deflect severity penetration.

Comments

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Deflect severity is just really OP they should make everyone 33% deflect severity and put feats in the heroic path to make it 50% with 3 points. Id prefer it to be in the last tier though so people would have to give up alot of other things just to survive more.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Deflection is key to survival for some who choose not to go full power crit. If deflection gets changed you will see many more one shot combo builds spring to life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Well, from what Ive seen deflect is already pretty much bypassed by some classes. A friend of mine and I used to PVP a lot together. He, a combat HR and I with my protOP. Both toons pretty much bis. Key to the HR success was high dmg output coupled with high deflect and great self healing. During our many duels I was never able to kill him even though my dmg is pretty good for an OP. That being said Ive seen plenty GFs destroy him. So, high burst is already ignoring deflect so to speak. If you want to beat toons with high deflect make sure you are playing a heavy hitter because lower, steady dmg wont do with them, dots also probably wont down them.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I'm fine with any changes to PVP maps only, but in PVE leave Deflect as is. If the devs cannot separate the two, than they should not make any changes as PVP changes could impact PVE players.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    All striker classes are not equal in gameplay. Reducing all striker classes to 33% max base deflection is a bad idea.

That's like me saying that all ranged classes should be reduced to 2 shifting defects maximum per stamina bar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2017

High burst is ignoring deflect is the biggest HAMSTER I read for a while now (except the double mark testings :lol: ).

The GFs killed him because they timed their burst rotation. Wait until fey debuff runs out and wait until pathfinder action buff runs out. Start to rotate.

I agree with OP, we all need less deflect severity, not necessarily nullified through armor penetration but in general less base deflect severity for all classes. Especially striker classes should have 33% only.

I should have put the "" around ignoring just for you I know that. It was figuratively speaking, high burst is capable of killing high deflect builds that is why it is sort of "ignoring" deflection. You should be able to understand now
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    Well you have Shocking. That totally ignores deflect. Also you have chance it won't be deflected.
    I don't know.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• zeclassyassasinzeclassyassasin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Every class is too tanky nerfing deflect wouldn't solve that issue. Only way to deal with it is to have high burst or better sustained damage than the guy your fighting