test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you want Strongholds to receive a 5th Boon Structure slot?

Comments

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    @santralafax
    Thank you for the vote...another smart GWF!
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Not at all, we're good with what we got.
    deleted
    edited April 2017
    No thanks. 1.5 years of organizing Stronghold farm, DF and influence runs was enough.
    If guild mark has no purpose anymore like Black Ice people should search for other activities. This mmo has plenty.

and I honestly have a hard time seeing any negative aspects at all, besides adding a little work for the Cryptic coders...

Its a little more problem than some line in a code. Its a daily activity which requires organization and dedication from members.
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    I don't get the people that says that we shouldn't have everything. We are still limited to a choice of which boon we'll use. As I said in another thread, I shouldn't have to go to another guild just to do pvp. I love the guild I'm currently in but dislike the fact that I'm limited. HP has been a bottleneck for me and giving us the option to individually use it would be a really huge help. I shouldn't have to be forced to join a guild based on which boons they have, thefabricant is right. It does create a bit of friction there. Also, just saying. I'm willing to throw money at this game to be able to specc my characters properly for both pve and pvp. But I'm not going to do that when I know I'll still be at a major disadvantage.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    kozi001 said:

No thanks. 1.5 years of organizing Stronghold farm, DF and influence runs was enough.

This is perhaps an outrageous idea, but if the plot existed, you would not be under any obligation to fill it if you don't want to.

Ed: Seriously, dude. You're saying nobody should have the option because you personally don't want to grind any more. That's your choice.

Post edited by beckylunatic on
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited April 2017

kozi001 said:

This is perhaps an outrageous idea, but if the plot existed, you would not be under any obligation to fill it if you don't want to.

Ed: Seriously, dude. You're saying nobody should have the option because you personally don't want to grind any more. That's your choice.

OP wanted reasons. There were mine.
    Personally I want more content aside from a tedious community campaign aka Stronghold. New dungeons, raids, classes etc.

edited April 2017
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    Well I can assure you there are several guilds that have no problem with the dedication of their members, or the grind that would come with adding another plot. I and everyone in my guild ground out the needed resources to get to level 20 and max structures, even if some of us could not/would not ever use some of the boons. If another plot was made available, we would do it again, simply because it is the right thing to do so that our members would have more choices for their individual builds. That is just the way we roll....and I am sure that our guild is not the only one that "rolls" that way.

That aside, another obvious reason this should be done, is the fact that loadouts is right on the horizon. The flexibility to change the spec of our toon from one focus to another becomes more optimal with more boon choices. Why should we be restricted by choices that were made in a pre-loadouts era?
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    Of course we want another stronghold boon slot! We are all munchkins at heart who want to decimate ALL of the foes and take ALL of their stuff!
  • midnightflaresmidnightflares Member Posts: 39 Arc User

(Knowing this community... Yes, we are already sending some resources that we don't longer need to other guilds in our alliance).

Tada, problem solved.
  • devon#7350 devon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    First it's surprising how this subject came to be right after 2 things happened.
    The new mastercraft gears update is about to come
    The fix to explorer boon that now needs to be at 6 and a guild hall to 12,to give 2x or 4x items during event.

I know some of you (not all but enough) were using that “feature” for a long time now, having a 2nd guild to 5 and explorer boon to 1 which takes only few days and minimal resources to build and therefore gaining a lot without any cost to your investment or your main guilds.
    Now that those were taken away, all of the sudden, you remember to voice your “opinions” and I’m sorry but I call this hypocrisy.

Second I will support on this the devs that there is a need for a choice, and no you can't have it all. If you want all 5 boons and you think it’s worth it , make a 2nd guild and level it to 12 and rest of the buildings to 6 along with the boon, and “work” and earn (and those who exploited this, time to pay a bit more) or if it’s not worth it don't do it. You can't and must not have it both ways.

Make a choice.
    edited April 2017
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    The OP of this thread is the guild leader of a fully maxed out guild. I am in that guild. Our Explorer's Guild is maxed. Your comment has nothing to do with why maxed out guilds want more boon plots. We want more plots so that ALL of our members can have the choice that they want. Simple. Straight forward. Sensible.

I didn't speak about the OP that's why I said some but not all. The first part of my comment has to do with max out guilds that don't have the explorer boon and had a 2nd guild with explorer at rank 1. Note here, the majority of the guilds have 4 stat boons and not explorer so lets not over generalize.

The 2nd part of my post has to do with the vote and the subject at hand.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    When in our guild we decided to create the stronghold we talked about the boons. OUR last choice were between explorer guild and hp boon.WE chosed hp boon because hp is something without diminishing returns it will be always here.
    I Know also guilds made 2nd guild level 12 and the legit level 6 to not affect their main guilds.
    YOU cant and shouldnt have everything in a game.
    I would like to have 2 transcended weapon enchantments at the same time can i ? i would like to have 2 transcended armor enchants at the same time can i?

WITH our people we builded the stronghold if they feel the boons THAT they agreed to build do no suit them we can either destroy a plot or in extreme scenario to leave the guild.( AND poeple leave guilds is not only the boons the reason).
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    self moderated
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    It's not gonna hurt anyone, just give people more chance to pick from those they have, i don't belong to a guild but this seems a good change.

edited April 2017
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    This post would have came to be anyway. We have had guild polls on this and even after losing to keeping this explorers the subject kept coming up every now and then in our guild. I think this is the perfect time to bring this subject to light and I'm glad other people see it that way. N what do you mean we shouldn't have everything? It's just one more boon plot. There should be NO reason boons should influence what guild you would want to run with. Let up a little, give us a bit more freedom. One boon plot won't hurt. This all boils down to the individual players in the guild as well. Look at it like that instead of the guild as a whole. Just because people want to do mastercrafting doesn't mean that's what I'm particularly interested in. Just because people like to pvp doesn't mean everyone else does as well. Yet you stumble into an awesome community of players. Yet we're influenced by this choice. I'll give a perfect example. I wanted to pvp so much I left my previous pve guild. That was a long time ago. Went to a major pvp guild only to find that half of them in there didn't even speak English. You know how frustrating that was? They were cool but it wasn't my cup of tea. Then went to the guild that I'm in now that the op is the leader of, and have had the best fun in my life. Pve and team speak wise. It's literally been the best guild I've ever been in gaming wise. Pvp however... It's amazing what 30k HP can do for you in a clutch situation. I'm literally a glass cannon on all my characters there except my dc. It's the main reason I stopped pvping as much.. But I can always go back to that pvp guild or another full of elitists and morons. I say that to say this once again. I shouldn't have to be forced to pick a guild based on their boons. There should be a small bit of leeway here. If you know you have a group of dedicated friends and guildies but all of them aren't into what your into there should be no reason of feeling any kind of friction. If your into mastercrafting then fine do your thing. If I'm into pvp I'll do mine. I think the should be nothing hindering us especially since we're only doing what we truly like outside of our guild runs.
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    Saw a few typos sorry about that
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User
    YES! YES!! YES!!!

I would like to have 2 transcended weapon enchantments at the same time can i ? i would like to have 2 transcended armor enchants at the same time can i?

You can have as many transcendent enchantments as you like and decide which one to slot in your weapon and armour at any given time.
    Sounds just like what the guild players want to do with the boons... You can only use one boon of each type at a time.

• dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    As a ronin, no strong feelings here either way.
    OPs three choices "YES YES YES", "meh", or "not at all" make this a biased, unscientific survey that does not accurately represent the opinions of the entire population.
    Just an observation though: more power creep is bad for the game. In general, better to make players plan ahead, make choices and have consequences (good and bad) from those choices.
    Not just in SH boons, Zero-sum-game changes would be better in general.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    One could also make the argument that non guilded players voting has no relevance to this poll, yet they still vote (no) for some biased reason.

As for power creep, how does limiting the choice of which single boon you activate decrease power creep? In my guild's situation, we are simply trying to give those members that want the HP boon, that choice. We cannot do that at the moment.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    niadan said:

One could also make the argument that non guilded players voting has no relevance to this poll, yet they still vote (no) for some biased reason.
    As for power creep, how does limiting the choice of which single boon you activate decrease power creep? In my guild's situation, we are simply trying to give those members that want the HP boon, that choice. We cannot do that at the moment.

"You are not in a guild, shut up none of your business?" Nope.
    Nice attitude tho.
    This is an open poll in an open forum on a topic that will affect EVERY player directly or indirectly, so yes. anyone can respond.

Access to additional powers IS an additional power. Again, I personally do NOT care much for this particular topic either way. Just against "give me everything" udates. OP asked for opinions and that was mine.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    edited April 2017
    > @niadan said:
    > One could also make the argument that non guilded players voting has no relevance to this poll, yet they still vote (no) for some biased reason.
    >
    > As for power creep, how does limiting the choice of which single boon you activate decrease power creep? In my guild's situation, we are simply trying to give those members that want the HP boon, that choice. We cannot do that at the moment.

But if they vote yes, then it has some relevance? and how do you know and are sure of, that they are in a guild or not?

Please explain to me then why a 5th and not a 6th plot or 7th??? we can still choose 4 right??

You made a choice at a point as to which boon plots you will use, you may not have HP but you do have explorers and that will be of added value in the new module to come. You win something you lose something and that is pretty balanced to me compared with the guilds that do have the hp but not explorers.

(I hope btw that this, has nothing to do with an "added feature" for the members of a party, when they have HP boon, that they do more damage from the aura of courage!)
    edited April 2017
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    Balance has nothing to do with this poll. This is not a win or loose issue. This is not a guild vs guild issue. This is a non game balance affecting choice issue. I still have yet to hear a reasonable arguement against adding another boon plot, especially from players that are not in guilds.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    YES! YES!! YES!!!

It's not gonna hurt anyone, just give people more chance to pick from those they have, i don't belong to a guild but this seems a good change.

The only reasonable explanation for not wanting a fifth boon structure is that they don't want every guild to have an explorer's guild because it'll drive the price of professions resources down.

As a ronin, no strong feelings here either way.

OPs three choices "YES YES YES", "meh", or "not at all" make this a biased, unscientific survey that does not accurately represent the opinions of the entire population.

Just an observation though: more power creep is bad for the game. In general, better to make players plan ahead, make choices and have consequences (good and bad) from those choices.

Not just in SH boons, Zero-sum-game changes would be better in general.

I've already posted this but there's absolutely no reason to give anything up. You can have access to all of the good stat boons then get your extra professions resources on an alt in an allied guild. Anyone saying otherwise doesn't understand the boons or isn't being honest.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • dancingshadowerdancingshadower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    WE need a fifth boon just give now. :D
    edited April 2017
    > @niadan said:
    > Balance has nothing to do with this poll. This is not a win or loose issue. This is not a guild vs guild issue. This is a non game balance affecting choice issue. I still have yet to hear a reasonable arguement against adding another boon plot, especially from players that are not in guilds.

When one is asking for a reason and its been given, regardless if you agree or not, its still a reason. In your mind its not about balance in others mind it is. You have 5 plots and 8 boons, make your choice and move on. One can say I haven't heard a good argument about having it, other than "I want it all, yes".

As far as you keep mentioning about players NOT being in guilds I can tell you some that voted yes and are not in guilds either and you still haven't answered how sure you are they are not (or will not be soon). If you are talking about me, I am in a guild.

But I love your reasoning so from now on all class questions should be only asked or answered by said class players, PVE people should not ask or respond to PVP subjects and vice versa, and when people are asking how to make money in game only the rich players should answer.... Gotcha

PS. How many people are voting from same guilds trying to make it look like its a lot of guilds?
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    YES! YES!! YES!!!

> @niadan said:

> Balance has nothing to do with this poll. This is not a win or loose issue. This is not a guild vs guild issue. This is a non game balance affecting choice issue. I still have yet to hear a reasonable arguement against adding another boon plot, especially from players that are not in guilds.

When one is asking for a reason and its been given, regardless if you agree or not, its still a reason. In your mind its not about balance in others mind it is. You have 5 plots and 8 boons, make your choice and move on. One can say I haven't heard a good argument about having it, other than "I want it all, yes".

As far as you keep mentioning about players NOT being in guilds I can tell you some that voted yes and are not in guilds either and you still haven't answered how sure you are they are not (or will not be soon). If you are talking about me, I am in a guild.

But I love your reasoning so from now on all class questions should be only asked or answered by said class players, PVE people should not ask or respond to PVP subjects and vice versa, and when people are asking how to make money in game only the rich players should answer.... Gotcha

PS. How many people are voting from same guilds trying to make it look like its a lot of guilds?

So please try to explain how the current state of things is "balanced". Tell us all how not having a fifth boon structure is preventing anyone from having everything. All it does is add a bit of inconvenience that can easily be overcome.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I don't know if my vote has registered since I'm viewing this from my cell phone, but I'm going with a "no"on this simply because I don't understand the need for another plot. This thread lost all traction from my view point when it asked for only 1 more boon plot. Asterdahl clearly stated the rationale behind why only 4 plots are available and also mentioned with enough voice this may at some point be taken into consideration. Now why I'm against this is because if you totally wanted the benefit to help everyone by having the option available then you would have asked for every boon slot to be available and not just 1. Most of us know which boon options are contested but as a lot stated in this thread this is only in your perspective. I would happily give my vote in your support if you asked to unlock every boon structure but asking for just 1 to suit your needs is not something I would consider as in the best interest for all.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    YES! YES!! YES!!!

I would happily give my vote in your support if you asked to unlock every boon structure but asking for just 1 to suit your needs is not something I would consider as in the best interest for all.

I disagree, he asked for a totally normal thing, from 4 to 5. It's like instead of 2k rAD per skir you want get 20Millions per run. Everyone will call you a crazy guy. But if you ask for 2.5k, ppl might agree with you.