test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Talk to me about the best path for a TempLock.....

rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
I'm really interested in creating a Templock because of the Capstone in the Temptation tree.

I currently run a Stealadin pally that uses high lifesteal in conjunction with Prism and Bond of Virtue that results in massive sustained damage, and it looks like Soul Bonding is essentially a combination of those two powers.

So my question is this: Which paragon path would be best for sustained damage so as to consistently proc lifesteal? (My stealadin is currently running around 40% lifesteal), but I think I can go higher with a Templock, and I think some of the Encounters could consistently proc it.

I think Hellbringer would actually be more "bursty" due to Pillar of Power, but I think that Soulbinder could provide more sustained damage since you can use another encounter aside from PoP. Either way, I would want to use Dreadtheft and Blades in my rotation; the real tradeoff, then, between the two paths would be PoP for Hellbringer and Warlock's Bargain for Soulbinder (I know other encounters provide more burst damage, but that isn't what I am interested in).

Another consideration: Which path tends to generate AP faster? I think Tyrannical Curse with it's AoE curse effect would be awesome with the build I have in mind.

I appreciate any feedback (and yes, I know with Mod 11.2 I will have both, but in the meantime, which is best for the scenario I described?).

Thanks

Fat E

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    If no Owlbear i would go for SB, if owlbear I tend to HB especially having lower gear/crit, due to better dps. Even without Owlbear HB is viable as temp, since LS procs of pop and Hellish rebuke is a good tool as dot.
    The 10% plus DPS from PoP is pretty nice if feated.
    Since I run my templock as a striker the dps can be considered as ok and the hps is crazy with 50% LS and some gear.
    Just imagine being part of an mSVA dealing 14 mio healing and topping the hole raid from zero to full HP in 1/10 second, by that being 3. or 4. in dps.
    Just went there with one DC and two tanks random, and the templock topped the hole RAID all time, noone died. I bet those guys had a hard time doing their next run with a suboptimal setup. Noone counts on a templock, but the synergy from DC's mitigation and crazy HPS is much better than 2 DC's.
  • xs13redxs13red Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Tyranical never leaves bar. I like Flames of P for bosses. High power low crit is what I am using. With 30 %life steal. I have seen 25 mil in MSVA. Build it like you are fury-archons and Owl bear are beautiful. PoP blades and arms of hador or dreadtheft is what I use. Jarls gaze, zulkiers dreadnought, survivor wraps and fadeless walkers. I self proc to 66k power and am competitive on paingiver. Shadow walk and Prince of Hell. Parting Blasphemy and power of the nine hells.
    HELLBRINGER TEMPLOCK-DEMONEYE
    TR-SNE
    CW-ELIKIA-MOF T
    DC-BUFFY ON HEELZ-BUFF/DEBUFF
    GF-BAIT
    GWF-MEATHEAD
    HR-SPLIT NOCK
    XBOX ONE
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    If you go with a low crit build, do you not put points into Charisma?
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    You should , since 1 point in Charisma is 1% CA bonus wich is 1% plus damage on a non crit.
  • xs13redxs13red Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Equal on cha and con-cha CA bonus is multiplied by damage. Ca companions add after all numbers calculated.
    HELLBRINGER TEMPLOCK-DEMONEYE
    TR-SNE
    CW-ELIKIA-MOF T
    DC-BUFFY ON HEELZ-BUFF/DEBUFF
    GF-BAIT
    GWF-MEATHEAD
    HR-SPLIT NOCK
    XBOX ONE