test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aboleth Weapon Set-My issues (Save your sanity)

isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
edited May 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
(See below for the numbers)

I am not reporting this as a bug, but as a discussion so please do not move this thread.
The sets bonus are nice but seem to be very finicky on how it's used. The buff lasts for 10 seconds does not seem to be accurate as Ive seen the buff drop by 2s instead of 1s. I am not sure but is the timer on these weps affected by recovery, and feats that reduce encounter time affecting it in anyway? The buff by far does not last long enough anyways with how little bonus affect you get from it in the first place.
---
Lifestealer- This is fine I have no problem with it except that it seems to proc 2x's more often then the rest.

Tainted Attack-Does not produce a lot of damage, and sometimes hitting for 175 damage. Not thousand but just 175... This buff is affected by DR so you need a lot more armor pen for this to be more effective.

Impeding Death- This buff will 9/10 times disappear before the adds are killed. Damage from what Ive seen can range from 2k to 10k
---
Now while this set does need some work and improvements on it damage wise, among a few other things; is that this set is triggered ALL the time outside of combat. If you use a encounter or are thrown into combat by a GF spamming ITF, it will auto consume your proc/buff. Then you have less than 10 seconds to get into combat with adds and use this buff. But by then it's gone or is of no use to you. If anyone else is having issues or can explain some things to me like the time dropping by two seconds. Or provide some ACT charts because my PC cannot handle running ACT very well. Otherwise I would do it.
Post edited by isaintify1 on

Comments

• lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User

Now while this set does need some work and improvements on it damage wise, among a few other things; is that this set is triggered ALL the time outside of combat. If you use a encounter or are thrown into combat by a GF spamming ITF, it will auto consume your proc/buff. Then you have less than 10 seconds to get into combat with adds and use this buff. But by then it's gone or is of no use to you. If anyone else is having issues or can explain some things to me like the time dropping by two seconds. Or provide some ACT charts because my PC cannot handle running ACT very well. Otherwise I would do it.

This is the biggest problem the set has.
    The buff is rendered useless for no reason and you don't have it when you most need it
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Relic weapons get triggered to defense all the time against my wishes but that is all in my rotation. Fix the rotation, fix the issue. In your case there is nothing that can be done by you to prevent the clock from ticking therefore I'd be slapping the "Bug" tag onto it!! Might be WAI because of the false activations that happen on the Relic stuff but I doubt it. I look forward to the feedback!
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Does it drop 2s consistently? I have seen instances where my client updates slower than usual, and the time will jump by a second. But rarely does it do it consistently... usually when my PC does something without my knowledge (AV scans, download updates, etc).

EDIT: Just for clarity, the client doesn't track the time... it just reports what it is told the time is. If it gets told that 2s have elapsed, that's what it reports.
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    @litaaers No its not consistent in its drop of 2 seconds, it might happen once out of three separate uses of the weapon. After all the grinding for this weapon set I may have to grind for a different if this issue is never addressed. Also with what you say with the whole reporting the time that its told might be a plausible thing, but we cannot dismiss the actual fact that this has happened in the past.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Well, I doubt there is code that says 'Skip a sec every so often'. If anything, a rounding error, or client sync issues.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Your answer... you can deflect your artifact buffs.. this lessens the duration
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

Your answer... you can deflect your artifact buffs.. this lessens the duration

I really hope this is not a thing...
    Want to get it noticed
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    My issue with the Abolethic set is that they did not absorb the healing ability of my Drowned set when they ate them. Really wish that were possible.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    If they nerf the monster's urge to dance, these weapons lose all their purpose in life.
    edited May 2017
    This is Tainted Attack of a 36m dungeon
    edited May 2017
    This is "Impeding Death/Death Burst" over a 24 minute period
    As you can see these numbers are just ridiculously low and make the weapons FAR worth from farming. If anyone is looking to farm these things I hope this will save you time and sanity. Do not make the same mistake I did.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Impeding Death just should mark targets to explode, whatever time it takes to kill them. Even if you pull big amount of mobs and taking into account that bonus is random, this will not make this set by any means better than relic set, so they can even leave that low dmg as is.

OTOH, if you want M11 weapon, dunno if mirage set will deal more dmg :/

And about how the bonus is triggered - i think it should start after you deal dmg, not after you use an encounter.

The sets bonus are nice but seem to be very finicky on how it's used. The buff lasts for 10 seconds does not seem to be accurate as Ive seen the buff drop by 2s instead of 1s. I am not sure but is the timer on these weps affected by recovery, and feats that reduce encounter time affecting it in anyway? The buff by far does not last long enough anyways with how little bonus affect you get from it in the first place.

This, if true, should be indeed reported as bug, IMO.
    sobac said:

Impeding Death just should mark targets to explode, whatever time it takes to kill them. Even if you pull big amount of mobs and taking into account that bonus is random, this will not make this set by any means better than relic set, so they can even leave that low dmg as is.

OTOH, if you want M11 weapon, dunno if mirage set will deal more dmg :/

Well there was no way of knowing how well the set works as people did not have the set. On the other hand people did not bother with telling people how bad it is lol. Do not get me wrong the Aboleth has a good set bonus on paper.. But put into actual combat its trash. I am probably looking into the Fey set but lifeforged would not be that bad either. Mirage is not as good as people say it is (at least for pve).

• spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    Dunno what you expected...the new set should be a nice alternative to relic set, which it is. Base damage is pretty decent.
    Theese buffs are just a bonus to the set. I think theese weapons are really fine and easy to get comparing to relic weapons.