test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Rank 5 Enchant in Master Spellplague chest --> Insult

Comments

• panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    tomiotar said:

That's from the extra chests that cost dragon keys that you need to pay with ZEN rigth?

NO! you dont need to pay zen for the extra chest...wtf rly?!

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Same in my guild, I did some runs, but can´t find player to join only for fun.
    I got empty chest allready (only marks etc.) and rank5´s, not worth that time at all in the sum.
    Hope this will get fixed.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I run it once a week for the blood ruby from the guy next to neverember's quest.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    Moment when see Rank 5 in endgame dungeon chest.
    ALT-F4.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User

On my first run, I got a Brilliant Diamond. Sample size of one run so far, so all that means is it's possible to get something really nice.

I agree that the bottom of the loot table should make you say, "Dratt," not drive you to complain on the forum. An R5 shouldn't be in the loot table, even if your loot roll is a "1."

I will say, though, that I thoroughly enjoyed my first run of master Spellplague. It felt like the pre-module days, when the entire team worked together to defeat a dungeon rather than the key-smash runs that we have seen in many dungeons (partly due to dungeon mechanics, partly due to power escalation). Fix up the bottom of the loot table to make very run at least feel decently rewarding and you have a real winner.

P.S. - On a related note, there's not much reason to have "Priceless" Platinum Plates in the loot table of level 70 areas. They're worthless to an end-game toon and just create inventory cleansing issues (e.g. when they drop together with an R5 from a trash mob that I do want to pick up).

Priceless" Platinum Plates are great for gold. My main is currently running with gambist gauntlets and those plates even things out.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    I am still horrified that you have to PAY CASH just to open a dungeon chest after beating the dungeon. That is the kind of thing that keeps me and most others, away.

You pay money and/or grind to get the IL to run a dungeon that you have to pay more money to get the reward for beating it. They are selling you the opportunity to sell you even more and people are buying it up.

Devs will have a look, this will cross the desk of an accountant and the devs will be tasked with somehow making players happy with what they are currently getting as a game. In other words, don't count on this changing, count on it getting worse.
    Sorry.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    What are you talking about? One chest uses standard dungeon keys, the other Runic keys that can be acquired doing campaign tasks on Mods 10 or 11. You CAN use Dragon keys but it there is no requirement and even those can be purchased FtP using the ZAX.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • mantrastudiomantrastudio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    Check out my thread. 3 straight runs with no loot, even after writing them then next run..Nothing.

just make my time worth farming
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    SINCE fbi and sp are endgame dungeons you could seperate the loot.
    EXAMPLE: purple mounts purple artifacts and only in those dungeons promotion companions like death slaad-magus etc.
    AND let the rest loot for the other dungeons.

is AN insult running sp end game dungeon and get a green horse + a rank5 enchant.

AT the moment your loot sorry is a failue. ALL dungeons have the same loot table which means i will run the faster dungeon with the best salvage rate ( cn-etos) and not the endgame if i want loot.\
    ONE thing you forget we bored. AFTER 2.8k it becomes less fun even your endgame dungeons are not even near to some poeple gear.LOWer item level players have their content castle never 1600 dungeons 2k epic dungeons. THE rest have two supposed hard dungeons;p
    IN few words fail difficulty fail loot table.

P.S. improve at least the drop table in end game dungeons and then lock us out ( 3k+) from the lower content.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    Can anyone link me a quote form a Dev about this terrible loot in SP?

• isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    You are all very lucky to get these rewards. I did not even get a rank 5 from my chest I got treasure, peridot, seals. This was with the Runic key as well that I spent 2k VB to make, and wait 24 hours for.
  • sweetbreadssweetbreads Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    Seeing the limited amount of calls in zone, lfg and end game channels really says it all. I for one am very lucky that i really need very little in game and very much enjoy running Spellplague. I do tho take two Flawless Sapphires in a row received with Legendary keys as a bit of a insult. Please don't mention relic gear drops because for most these are pointless as the people who are able to complete have already farmed FBI for these.
    Very short sighted DEV's and you obviously still have a lot to learn when it comes to community advancement, seems a 2 step forward, one step back scenario.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    What I can't understand is why they would dedicate so many resources to creating a dungeon that no one is going to run. Seems like a total waste of dev time.

The rewards are insulting to us and I'm sure our refusal to run is insulting to the creator. I also bet that the creator has no control over the loot tables as if it was foundry!
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    there was no reason to release the dungeon, it barely fit into a revamped story line (as in not much at all).

BTW.. IG is the same.. you run the HAMSTER out of it for HAMSTER rewards.. but some poor lucky slob will get his +4 x 6 while you cant get one..

RNG in this game is way to vexing.. say someone has gotten 40 +5 rings. for running underdark/msva and fbi 10k times.. while another person has gotten 20 rings in the same effort.. the 40 ring dude will always be saying .. ya its good. while the 20 ring one might say its good or terrible, depending on what rings he actually won.

Not only is the vagaries of RNG in play.. the totatliy and randomness of the type of items you may win is so varied, that you may never get the items you may want.

Its actually doing the OPPOSITE of what its supposed to be doing, instead of driving players to play the game.. eventually players throw up thier hands and say.. eff it.. ill run DR lairs for marks while I wait for something actually playable to do.

They need to relook at ALL loot vectors and figure out a way that people can earn the thigns they want within a designed scope of runs..

Ala.. seals or trade ins or what not..

I know personally for me.. I cant be half arsered to run many of these things anymore.. i just gave up caring.. literally dont care anymore. After my experience in underdark and my many of thousands of runs.. never getting me the +5s i wanted.. whats the effing point.

Poor players who dont have time to run 100 let alone 1000 of something.

• gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I was looking forward for SP for a long time. I ran it twice and I got nothing. I never went back in and I wont until I see some real improvements to the endgame loot. It was pretty much the same with Fangbreaker.

We all know PvP in this game is very bad and now it seems that even PvE is going down the drain. Whats left?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    They are on super shoestring budget and just kicking a dead horse for it to cough up the last coins. But meanwhile if they had vision and listened to players about things like revamping pvp, this would be one of the most successful bustling moneymaking mmo games of all time because the underlying platform is very solid and enjoyable.

Ah well
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    well did my first msp last night and got my precious rank 5 thanks devs i will never run it again
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    MSP yesterday.
    normal chest -> seals + LESSER THAUMATHURGIC STONE (OMG REALLY?)
    key chest -> ARCANE RUNESTONE RANK 8 (5K AD OMG REALLY?)

The frustration skyrocket day by day
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    It would be nice to have, say, a "set value" for rewards of all content. So maybe use Item Level or RP points etc so that you get a combo of stuff that always adds up to a certain amount?

Or at least a bare minimum? [Bare minimum NOT being a Rank 5 enchant!]

In fact I think what everyone should be asking for is the lowest level rewards to be upped to something AT LEAST cool or useable at end game point.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User

there was no reason to release the dungeon, it barely fit into a revamped story line (as in not much at all).
    [...] the totatliy and randomness of the type of items you may win is so varied, that you may never get the items you may want.

Its actually doing the OPPOSITE of what its supposed to be doing, instead of driving players to play the game.. eventually players throw up thier hands and say.. eff it.. ill run DR lairs for marks while I wait for something actually playable to do. [...]

So true!
    The integration of the new content in SP is totally cheap (teleporting to the areas for boss fights)

And you won't see me in IG often while the drop chances to get a usable item are so close to 0.
    After all my runs through the underdark/FBI/Svardborg I have one legendary ring to show ... the Greater Ostorian Ring of Blod - the most useless one with 2xdefense slots.

I gave up on hunting for the legendary rings, and I did not even start hunting the +4 companion gear.
    Lucky for me, I have loyal gear on most of my toons.

Sucks for the newcomers, though.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533
    @nitocris83

Any word on that?
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

It would be nice to have, say, a "set value" for rewards of all content. So maybe use Item Level or RP points etc so that you get a combo of stuff that always adds up to a certain amount?

Or at least a bare minimum? [Bare minimum NOT being a Rank 5 enchant!]

In fact I think what everyone should be asking for is the lowest level rewards to be upped to something AT LEAST cool or useable at end game point.

The problem with this, is that as soon as they raise the minimum, people will zerg farm the content, and the price of 'whatever' will plummet, and people will say 'Give us something better FFS! Jeez!'.

If they up the difficulty, then only the 'haves' will be able to complete it, and the 'have nots' will say "Make it FAIR! Jeez!'

RNG is a cruel mistress, but its all they have to keep the Goths at bay.

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    naw.. its rng that is the issue, not set values of anything.. allow me to convert 50 runs of anything to a purchase of the +5 or relic set item or whatever i want.

I think that is fair..

leave the keys as the gamble chance.. so the lucky HAMSTER still get thier lucky HAMSTER.. but let the rest of us trade for it.

that is the entire issue.. i really dont care if there is a rank 5 enchant in these chests or not per se..

• eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    http://prntscr.com/ezbhr9

This is just a sample of the many alike chests i got in SP. thank you for your valiant efforts.

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    time to bring back ORIGINAL dev team, this current team is pure embrassing or they are on the leash by market team.
    way too many frustations going on since mod 6.

only chests are suppose to be decent rewards, only the gamble is for lockboxes, not the dungeon chests, ever. players hates RNG the most. i knew they back away from promises on dealing with keys months ago. then who fooling the players? devs or market team? i dont like greedy folks.

i foresee within next 2-3 months, i see laid-offs, and it not good.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    "only chests are suppose to be decent rewards, only the gamble is for lockboxes, not the dungeon chests, ever."
    - this.
    Opening the end chest is a reward for completing content. The more challenging, the higher the reward.
    Lockboxes are a gamble that you can choose to do or not.

They should never be mixed. Whoever decided to do this thinks nothing of the playerbase.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    WTH? Those seals aren't even worth 500 AD when you get enough to turn in for a T1/T2 neck piece. I spend 3 minutes in a DR lair and I get at least a green mark that is worth more. And there is a decent chance to get a greater mark worth about 10K. With the purple glove, I get RP better than one R5, and potentially a greater or even superior mark.

Looks like I will be completely skipping MSP. With FBI and SVA, I at least stepped foot in there once.