test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 11 weapons

atherrianatherrian Member Posts: 26 Arc User
Tomorrow I plan on getting a mod 11 weapon and I have heard that the aboleth is the DPS one and just wanted to ask if it is to make sure before I bought it

Comments

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    To be fair, while Aboleth is the most DPS-y of the Mod 11 sets, it is not as good as the Relic set for DPS purposes. Still, Aboleth is much easier to get to Legendary.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    atherrianatherrian Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    K thanks for the info
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Yes, Aboleth is the DPS set. I like mine a lot.

You have the full set? How much is the dot and explosion damage?

• Options
    vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    adinosii said:

To be fair, while Aboleth is the most DPS-y of the Mod 11 sets, it is not as good as the Relic set for DPS purposes. Still, Aboleth is much easier to get to Legendary.

Well, Relic has the problem that if you use Block/Dodge/Sprint before any Encounter then you activate Overcharge: Defense, which means you need to wait 30 seconds before gaining that +10% damage. Aboleth has a weaker boost (+4% damage compared to that +10%), but at least you will always get that bonus, unlike Relic.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I'm curious about "real-world" testing of Aboleth vs. Relic, as opposed to stat comparisons. I find the bonus on Relic to be nothing compared to the power bonus of twisted, for example. Weapon damage was the main difference between Relic vs Twisted.
  • Options
    kinganuthinkinganuthin Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2017

adinosii said:

Well, Relic has the problem that if you use Block/Dodge/Sprint before any Encounter then you activate Overcharge: Defense, which means you need to wait 30 seconds before gaining that +10% damage. Aboleth has a weaker boost (+4% damage compared to that +10%), but at least you will always get that bonus, unlike Relic.
    no.. Block Dodge Sprint is overcharge: defence. Increase to defence and run speed
    Encounters : Overcharge offence. 10% damage and heals you.

they are separate features. Unless there is a bug i dont know about

oh wait. (edit).. are you saying that if you trigger the defence, then the offence is not possible for 30 sec?
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

adinosii said:

no.. Block Dodge Sprint is overcharge: defence. Increase to defence and run speed
    Encounters : Overcharge offence. 10% damage and heals you.

they are separate features. Unless there is a bug i dont know about

oh wait. (edit).. are you saying that if you trigger the defence, then the offence is not possible for 30 sec?
    Yes. They don't have separate cooldowns.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    I will using on my GWF the firesoul set for trash mobs.

• Options
    devilaltiredevilaltire Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Hi dev,

1st of all well thanks for bring new weapon in river district. but I have Some Issue--

I already made relic weapon and spend around 1mil Ad to make it.And I am really very happy about that- Only able to make it green,But My DPS is good.Now my ilvl is 2960 Stilll I am unable to enter NSVA. But I already unlock FBI due to my ilvl i m unable to enter there also. So can U plz explain me why this happen---For NSVA -I need 2800 ilvl-Right???

O-Another thing is which is come first-250 or 400 in Sea of Moving ice reputation.

If u reach 250 u unlock FBI-bt U will not enter it until u reach 3100 but u will enter in NSVA in 2800 but still u will not enter there either due to your reputation need 400..Really/Seriously..What kind of Calculation is that.

Now New weapon is coming out my all friends make the new weapon cause they dont send any thing for the relic--they dont take that weapon and after 13th they make it epic weapon-And I remain the same.if u play more u will get all thing u need -for daily quest u will get 2 [Arcanic Focus] but if u do dig site u will get more..Right???

How We get more reputation except quest.--plz I need to know??? And Is there any alternate way to get the -uvar--lld--sig refing stone--plz If so please tell me..I really spend a lot of time in this game--...

Regards
    Devil
  • Options
    mousebreaker85#4641 mousebreaker85 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Yes I prefer my aboleth set also
    If I roll dodge with relic set at the wrong time it wastes the cool down on overcharge defense and you get no damage as they share 1cooldown ,Kinda blows.Not to mention the upgrading of relic set is super painstaking 50+ runs still missing orange marks and as someone else mentioned 3100 IL to be eligible but won't even get in a group until 3500+
    With aboleth you get constant damage buff and dot
    Fey set is nice also and mirage rocks in pvp . Like Pokémon gotta catch em all
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

Hi dev,

1st of all well thanks for bring new weapon in river district. but I have Some Issue--

I already made relic weapon and spend around 1mil Ad to make it.And I am really very happy about that- Only able to make it green,But My DPS is good.Now my ilvl is 2960 Stilll I am unable to enter NSVA. But I already unlock FBI due to my ilvl i m unable to enter there also. So can U plz explain me why this happen---For NSVA -I need 2800 ilvl-Right???

O-Another thing is which is come first-250 or 400 in Sea of Moving ice reputation.

If u reach 250 u unlock FBI-bt U will not enter it until u reach 3100 but u will enter in NSVA in 2800 but still u will not enter there either due to your reputation need 400..Really/Seriously..What kind of Calculation is that.

Now New weapon is coming out my all friends make the new weapon cause they dont send any thing for the relic--they dont take that weapon and after 13th they make it epic weapon-And I remain the same.if u play more u will get all thing u need -for daily quest u will get 2 [Arcanic Focus] but if u do dig site u will get more..Right???

How We get more reputation except quest.--plz I need to know??? And Is there any alternate way to get the -uvar--lld--sig refing stone--plz If so please tell me..I really spend a lot of time in this game--...

Regards
    Devil

Hey try to upload your toon in preview server to see your new Gear Score, you may got raized a bit (worked in 2 of my alts) if you have a good number of boons, and some good companions and insigneas...
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

ghoulz66 said:

Yes, Aboleth is the DPS set. I like mine a lot.

You have the full set? How much is the dot and explosion damage?

Quite lackluster. Around 2k damage for the explosion, 100-1000 damage for the dot. You want it for the damage or lifesteal, not the 2 other features.
    So now i'm ever happier that i got mirage over aboleth in my CW, since i can control the mobs my illusions stay alive for a good time and even if they dmg is like 1500-1800 each hit (from cold at will) it look better than a 100-200 DOT or a 2000 explosion on death... (the 1% outgoing dmg diference dont look like a issue for me)
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

Hi dev,

You also need 28% everfrost resistance to enter.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rafaelda said:

Hi dev,

Regards
    Devil

Hey try to upload your toon in preview server to see your new Gear Score, you may got raized a bit (worked in 2 of my alts) if you have a good number of boons, and some good companions and insigneas...
    ------Hi friend--

I already did that--only 200 ilvl need to enter fbi--Deb must think something for relic --or may be they make it more powerful so its may be ok or after few times no one go for Relic set--west of time as well as money --
  • Options

Hi dev,

You also need 28% everfrost resistance to enter.

--i have 32% lol--if i want--always I have 16%--with potion i have more--lol
  • Options
    thrilk#9892 thrilk Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Is the fey 10% AP wasted if you have full XP when it triggers?

It really should trigger off dailies instead of encounters.