test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do Dragon Horde or Quartermaster enchants proc in companion utility slots?

rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
Thinking about using Mako's Signet on my companion, and I am trying to figure out what would work best in the Utility slot. If Dragon Horde or Quartermaster's enchant work--and proc separately from me-- I will slap one of those bad boys in there...otherwise, I think I will prolly go with a Dark enchant for the +movement bonus.

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Good question... I'll check to tonight.

I always favor mobility...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User

Good question... I'll check to tonight.

I always favor mobility...

Thanks! I appreciate the testing. I look forward to your findings.
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    How often does your companion kill something?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    makos ring doesn't have the best stats ever. you'd do better with another ring imo. especially one that has a more useful slot than utility.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    A utility slot ring on your summoned companion?
    What a waste! Don't do it!
    That is an opportunity cost of hundreds of offensive or defensive stat points .
    Even if Dragon hoard DOES work on a summoned pet, with it's cooldown, the trivial RP drops are pocket change compared to the stats and perks of a loyal companion ring or ANY ring with ANYTHING other then Utility.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.

makos ring doesn't have the best stats ever. you'd do better with another ring imo. especially one that has a more useful slot than utility.

I wanted to use the Makos ring because with 3xR12 bonds I would get ~600 Power, Recover, ArP, Defense, and Lifesteal from that single ring before the offensive enchant slot (R10 Cruel). Those are all stats that I use in this particular build. I think I will just stick with the movement bonus; I really like the increased mobility it offers (paladins are sloooow outside of Radiant Strike and Relentless Avenger).
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Well i was killing mobs for 10 minutes with a Dragon hoard (normal quality) sloted in my companion in makos signet and no drops, either bad luck or not working like that.

Well i was killing mobs for 10 minutes with a Dragon hoard (normal quality) sloted in my companion in makos signet and no drops, either bad luck or not working like that.

Thanks for the info! That is what I was needing to know.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Wasn't this conversation removed from reddit because it was deemed as an exploit?
    vida44 said:

Wasn't this conversation removed from reddit because it was deemed as an exploit?

Sorry, I wouldn't know; I don't do reddit. If it doesn't proc, then how can it be an exploit?
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Hey, don't ask me, I'm not a moderator there. I'm just pointing out the inconsistencies.