test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Masterwork Recipes III

Could somebody provide some information and/or pictures of some of the new masterwork recipes, such as the intermediary materials and what it takes to make the armor sets, weapons, and rings?

Comments

• Options
    melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    So did anyone else notice that we now need stage 2 resources to open up all of the new recipes, not stage 1 resources as previous to the patch? Well done, those of you who complained that the artificing resource was out-of-line in requiring stage 2 resources. Now all of them do!
    (sigh)
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @terramak @rgutscheradev was this really your solution?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    Why are they messing everything up suddenly?

• Options
    It really doesn't. The funny thing is I checked the notes and couldn't see any mention of these changes.

@terramak if this is a deliberate change how come there's no mention in the patchnotes?

• Options
    Swordknots are a part of weaponsmithing, moving them is just perverse.

• Options
    I opened up a couple of the recipe sets before the upgrade to requirements. The icons are placeholders, but will give some idea of what to expect. Can someone tell me a good site to load them to so I can link here?
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Here's the start of the leatherworking tier 3 recipes.

I'm guessing that's supposed to be "raw manticore hide" - it requires 3 spruce logs (maps), 1 manticore hide, I burgundy pitch, 1 tanner's liquor - to make manticore leather (likely tiered)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/taw

Unfamiliar words in NW crafting are usually pulled from practices that we don't know very much about, since we don't actually do things like tan our own leather.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/taw

Unfamiliar words in NW crafting are usually pulled from practices that we don't know very much about, since we don't actually do things like tan our own leather.

Ironically—and perhaps a bit pedantically—this is actually a bug, as "to taw" implies alum was used, in this case spruce is used as a tanning agent. Bonus trivia, soft aberrant leather is still "tanned" because dark alum is not actually alum at all, but a fictitious archaic name lent to what are now known as chromium salts, a tanning agent used in the production of soft leather such as modern day 'Napa leather.'

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I had noticed that (re: taw and alum), but I wasn't going to say anything. :D

Edit: I actually love that you're attempting to use authentic language.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    well, I love to learn something new everyday, so that's kind of awesome :)
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Up until I read that some of the T3 recipes require stuff that ONLY drops from FBI/mSVA and was BoP, I was all over this update.

I cannot do either, they're buggy as hell for me, tried each once, such horrible experiences never doing them again. Also, there has never been any reason why your crafter should be your main, I see several people having to gear up their main crafter for PvE and do SKT when it's either not geared or geared for PvP atm. I came here from RIFT precisely because they made the same boneheaded change to gate crafting behind no-fun high-gear dungeons.

This is most likely to happen if you happened to drop your BoP forgehammer in an event on an alt that you were never intending to really gear very highly or trying out a class and decided you didn't like it. Having got the hammer, you turn it into a crafter, and out of a clear blue sky you get hit with this change.

I feel I've wasted tens of millions of ADs getting my mastercrafting sorted to have it rendered worthless.
  • Options
    Counter as well, players who are not at all interested in masterwork crafting (or any crafting) but do run that content regularly are robbed of the ability to sell those resources, undermining whatever intent there was in masterwork crafting to have it be supported by player transactions.

@asterdahl Are the bound resources WAI? I can see it with certain of the prior restoration components, where you are collecting items to apply to gear for yourself, but this feels off.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Wasn't a large point of mastercrafting that people would need to work together? I don't really mind that components drop in FBI/MSP (though MSP needs a rework already...the second boss and the loot in general makes it not worth the time), but from a "realism" stand point and really an ethical standpoint, making them BOP is out of line and unnecessary. Even BOA would be acceptable, since there seems to be an allergy present to making things sell-able.
  • Options
    zhaker#4665 zhaker Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    So just as a curiousity, is this BoP or BoA to just limit botters?

I'd like a response on this because I cant understand why getting mats for gear has to be this complex? Its like dangling a carrot with a VERY LONG stick?

Its not productive and becomes a Mod 11.5 where most ignored doing it because of effort it took to get there.

I don't have mastercrafting, I was hoping to help someone that has mastercrafting with getting mats to get the recipe AND develop the gear. I just didn't expect NOW I have to help them clear content and dungeons in order to get through this process. Is this the intention of the whole agenda, its like alot of work for everyone to get gear, I understand it should be hard to get, but this process is not very friendly at all.

I thought you'd want people to get gear in progressive way, you know like in River District. Or was that a problem in the first instance which i don't get because people were complaining how easy it was to get it to legendary and that others like ME who gotten Relic Weapons that got screwed.

I feel gutted right now, and really annoyed with the process, I know this HAMSTER usually happens but when do you guys actually ask opinions on a few mastercrafters that got gear about this? Its full blown crazy to me.

• Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    If the MW reasources from FBI/SP are bound then ctyptic has <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up big times
  • Options

Up until I read that some of the T3 recipes require stuff that ONLY drops from FBI/mSVA and was BoP, I was all over this update.

Me too.

• Options

Counter as well, players who are not at all interested in masterwork crafting (or any crafting) but do run that content regularly are robbed of the ability to sell those resources, undermining whatever intent there was in masterwork crafting to have it be supported by player transactions.

@asterdahl Are the bound resources WAI? I can see it with certain of the prior restoration components, where you are collecting items to apply to gear for yourself, but this feels off.

No, these items are not meant to be bound. I am completely unaware of any point in development where these items have been bound on pickup. Would you mind posting a screenshot of where you see the Bind on Pickup flag on any of these items? I spoke to the designer who implemented the items and the QA team and checked the items myself on the current build and do not see the bind flag.

As you would expect, it is not intended that these items be bound, the point is that you should be able to run dungeons and sell the materials to those doing masterwork professions. It is not intended that those who want to engage in the professions need to run the content themselves. If there really is an issue here we'll look into fixing it as soon as possible.
  • Options
    The info is here but I am not sure where @adinosii viewed the resources

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12954173

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    asterdahl said:

Would you mind posting a screenshot of where you see the Bind on Pickup flag on any of these items?

As requested by @asterdahl a screenshot from my inventory (on Preview).

Same with Manticore Mane and Relic Iron Ingot.

However, it seems this is a Preview-only issue, as I just verified that the items are not bound on Live. So, consider this a non-issue. I have updated my Mod 11B mini-guide accordingly.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    Thanks for posting that image, on a hunch after you said it was a preview only item I looked into it, and the reason I had never seen this issue is that actually, the preview store was forcing the items to bind. I spoke with the designer who built the preview store and informed them of the issue to prevent future confusion. Sorry about and hand wringing as a result of that misleading information!
  • Options
    Oh thank goodness. I didn't want to have to drag my banker/professions character through all of SKT and SOMI and rely on being carried by guildies to try and get those rare drops. I can stop wringing my hands (and go dye my grey hairs.)
  • Options
    josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    > @asterdahl said:
    > Thanks for posting that image, on a hunch after you said it was a preview only item I looked into it, and the reason I had never seen this issue is that actually, the preview store was forcing the items to bind. I spoke with the designer who built the preview store and informed them of the issue to prevent future confusion. Sorry about and hand wringing as a result of that misleading information!

Hi and thanks @asterdahl . Did you by chance specifically check fartouched residuum? Or maybe it's faetouched residuum, not sure. In any case , I haven't seen any of this on the AH and haven't seen anyone who has found some from spell plague. Want to double check that it is not bop and that it does drop on live. The other 4 dungeon mats definitely drop and are not BoP.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark