test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Historian's Regalia is not working!

melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
edited April 2017 in Art and Fiction
I have been playing for hours after equipping the Historian's Regalia but I haven't seen ANY increase in relic drops.

Do you have any idea how long I had to grind for these?

@mimicking#6533, @nitocris83, and @strumslinger

And let me tell you, that Dissertation boss is a real HAMSTER.
Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
(Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
Post edited by melinden on

Comments

• sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    LMAO, nice "screenshot" :D
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    melinden said:

I have been playing for hours after equipping the Historian's Regalia but I haven't seen ANY increase in relic drops.

Do you have any idea how long I had to grind for these?

@mimicking#6533, @nitocris83, and @strumslinger

And let me tell you, that Dissertation boss is a real HAMSTER.

Love it! Glad someone enjoyed the inclusion of academic garb as much as we enjoyed putting it in. Hopefully you've already met the Ostorian Historian? Sorry to hear the robes aren't performing as well as you expected. Have you continued to see no difference? I just did a cursory test and they appear to be working as described.

I will say that if you happen to roll two of the same rarity of relic—e.g. 2 white relics—you'll only see the icon on the bottom right corner of the screen once. In order to know you received double you'll have to know how many you had before and after. If you roll two different rarities—e.g. 1 white and 1 green—you'll see two icons.

Making the user interface more clear when you receive more than one of the same item is on a list of quality of life improvements, so hopefully at some point in the future this sort of effect will be more clear.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Opportunity to post this!

(Found while I was looking for a good one for archaeology. Which I ultimately had to make myself....)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    asterdahl said:

I just did a cursory test and they appear to be working as described.

I will say that if you happen to roll two of the same rarity of relic—e.g. 2 white relics—you'll only see the icon on the bottom right corner of the screen once. In order to know you received double you'll have to know how many you had before and after. If you roll two different rarities—e.g. 1 white and 1 green—you'll see two icons.

Making the user interface more clear when you receive more than one of the same item is on a list of quality of life improvements, so hopefully at some point in the future this sort of effect will be more clear.

I'm sure they do work as intended, at least the ones you designed! Since I don't have those yet I have to settle for the ones that get me 2x[student whining about reading] for now. :'(

Opportunity to post this!

(Found while I was looking for a good one for archaeology. Which I ultimately had to make myself....)

...that's about right. Although the picture about the Hard Science Majors is -pretty- accurate at conferences.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    melinden said:

asterdahl said:

I just did a cursory test and they appear to be working as described.

I'm sure they do work as intended, at least the ones you designed! Since I don't have those yet I have to settle for the ones that get me 2x[student whining about reading] for now. :'(

Apparently I read this post in bugfixing mode and the joke went completely over my head! I thought you were posting a legitimate bug while donning your regalia for added levity.

Either way congratulations on defeating the dreaded dissertation. By comparison, Storvald's a pushover that requires much less grinding. If you do go for it in game as well, hopefully the RNG gods will see fit to bless you with a high drop chance, and not spurn you for the sake of irony.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    melinden said:

...that's about right. Although the picture about the Hard Science Majors is -pretty- accurate at conferences.

Same, tbh. And congrats on the higher education, even though it is not increasing your relic drop rate.

(Not an archaeologist myself, but I was making the poster for work because nearly all my colleagues are.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    asterdahl said:

Apparently I read this post in bugfixing mode and the joke went completely over my head! I thought you were posting a legitimate bug while donning your regalia for added levity.

Either way congratulations on defeating the dreaded dissertation. By comparison, Storvald's a pushover that requires much less grinding. If you do go for it in game as well, hopefully the RNG gods will see fit to bless you with a high drop chance, and not spurn you for the sake of irony.

Oh I WILL be getting those, that was something I decided the minute they arrived in the game. I may also have been planning this April 1 post since then...