test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Illusionist's Gambit. Do something about the Bronze Runners plz

lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
edited April 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
Can't get to a frikkin normal 3 turn run.

Everybody leaves after the 1st phase cause they Q up to normal Queue instead of making teams of 5.

It's mostly teams of 3 ppl premade and they outvote those who wanna stay 99% of the time.

Either make the fleece random for bronze and standard for Gold runs or work something else out.

Edit: To make a point, this is what happens when u enter.

[11:19] [Say] Miss **********@*********#8966: leave sfter 1st round

[11:19] [Party] Tenek Xeganaut@lowendus: Gold run ?

[11:20] [Say] Miss **********@*********#8966: noup

[11:20] [Party] Tenek Xeganaut@lowendus: get a frikkin 5 man team

[11:20] [Party] Tenek Xeganaut@lowendus: why Q for normal Q then ?!

[11:20] [Say] Miss **********@*********#8966: bronze cuz i say so

And that;s what illusionist's gambit has gone down to

Comments

• frobonatorfrobonator Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Confirmed this problem. Now Gambit is bronze AD/RP farming place. Nobody want gold in queue, all vote bronze, got salvage and repeat every day, run 2-3 min. 40k+ AD per hour.

And newbye players dont understand difference between bronze and gold reward. Typical answer in party:

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    I especially like the part where you demand from Miss to do the manual work of forming a five player team.
    Have you ever considered that you might form a five player team for gold?

Probably contrary to your opinion I find it rather nice of Miss to tell you about her intention to quit after bronze.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2017

I especially like the part where you demand from Miss to do the manual work of forming a five player team.
    Have you ever considered that you might form a five player team for gold?

Probably contrary to your opinion I find it rather nice of Miss to tell you about her intention to quit after bronze.

Normal Q's are for running content in a Normal way, not exploit ur way into gathering equipment upgrade mats.

And yes I consider that an exploit, I like to run things legit.

Making GOLD the standard for getting fleece might give some incentive for people to fight it through.

Its fast enough as it is to get to gold and you might also get a chance to get some good equipment for your companions.

I wouldn't have complained otherwise but 9 out of 10 runs right now are for fleece farming and I like running Pugs when channels are silent.

So the argument of forming a group for Gold is invalid.

It's not about doing the "manual" work, lol it ain't digging/hard labor....hahahahaha

It's about making public Q's your own turf and not letting other people run the content normally.

That's just selfish and gates people from running a complete skirmish for your own profit.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    A public queue is a public queue. I have yet to enter IG without a premade so haven't run into any problems. If you do however, I find it hard to complain either way. It seems though that you need to form a pre to get guaranteed Gold. I would anyway, because just like the Underdark skirmishes it can get quite ugly with pugs imho unless you basically can carry the run completely by yourself.

It's just a symptom of a bigger problem anyway, IG is poorly designed. The only ones that actually farm the skirmish are Bronze/Fleece/RAD guys. Nobody wants Gold for companion gear because the drop rates are atrocious. Since you've got like a gazillion different pieces, getting the ones you need is a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and probably not worth it over picking the Con Artist / Fire Archon / etc. with Rings you get from other content...

New Masterwork will feature new BIS Rings for some builds as well, so people will be switching to more Ring heavy companions anyway... So my question is: What's the point for endgame purposes?

GIVE US EFFING CHOICE PACKS GODDAMMIT... It's not too hard to solve this effing problem...​​ Nobody is playing your new shiny skirmish, go figure...
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Conflict of interest. It is annoying for each group to deal with that the other group wants. Hard to please both sides. Easiest way is making 3man party and make the voting go your way.
    edited April 2017
    lowendus said:

It's about making public Q's your own turf

which is exactly what you try to do.

IMO this is the only skirmish designed to allow a "legal" abort after bronze, so I guess calling it exploiting if people quit after bronze is in this case very wrong.
    As there is no way to queue alone for a bronze run and not possibly upset other players I suggest that players who want to make sure to get a gold run come with pre-made team or accept what they get. (I remember OH runs in MC and VT in the past)
    Seeing that "Everybody leaves after the 1st phase" would make queuing times infinite if players would not queue any more solo for bronze runs.

I think that pre-mades are the best option for a good game experience.

I also do not like the way of OP saying "what I do is right, what most others do is wrong. You have to change your play style to accommodate my wishes." when there is an obvious and clear exit strategy for this skirmish after bronze.

Considering OPs playing experience there is no need for be a 3 player premade as the chances of meeting someone in a PUG that wants to run gold is close to 0. I am doubting the OPs notion that these players always come with a 3-player-premade to ruin the fun of others intentionally.

@thefabricant
    everything you say is true, but the exact same thing can be said switching gold for bronze.

PS: I never did a bronze run so far, but I never pugged it either.

There are people who don't belong to guilds and like to run the content to its full extent (I'm not talking about myself)
    What's happening right now, is gating them out of a possible (yes, I know the possibiliites are hamster) good reward, run after run because they get teams that Q up just for Bronze.

Q'ing public usually means that you Q for the best possible rewards not 1/3 of the content you want to run.

I'm not saying that their intention is to ruin the fun for others, but what they do does exactly that, it's not a notion, it is reality
  • andreask#1780 andreask Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    lowendus said:

Q'ing public usually means that you Q for the best possible rewards not 1/3 of the content you want to run.

Usually yes, but here there is voting system to let the majority decide. The real problem is simple: there are not enough rewards to justify the extra time needed for gold. Solve that and magically all things will get fixed.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

IMO this is the only skirmish designed to allow a "legal" abort after bronze, so I guess calling it exploiting if people quit after bronze is in this case very wrong.
    As there is no way to queue alone for a bronze run and not possibly upset other players I suggest that players who want to make sure to get a gold run come with pre-made team or accept what they get. (I remember OH runs in MC and VT in the past)
    Seeing that "Everybody leaves after the 1st phase" would make queuing times infinite if players would not queue any more solo for bronze runs.

I think that pre-mades are the best option for a good game experience.

I also do not like the way of OP saying "what I do is right, what most others do is wrong. You have to change your play style to accommodate my wishes." when there is an obvious and clear exit strategy for this skirmish after bronze.

Considering OPs playing experience there is no need for be a 3 player premade as the chances of meeting someone in a PUG that wants to run gold is close to 0. I am doubting the OPs notion that these players always come with a 3-player-premade to ruin the fun of others intentionally.

@thefabricant
    everything you say is true, but the exact same thing can be said switching gold for bronze.

PS: I never did a bronze run so far, but I never pugged it either.

@nameexpired I premade fbi, I premade msva, I premade SP. It would be nice if there was something in the game you could just queue for without having to worry about who you run with. The people forming groups of 3 (rather than 5) could at the very least ask the other 2 if it is ok and then come to some accommodation, rather than just forcing their choice on the other people in the group.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    lowendus said:

Normal Q's are for running content in a Normal way, not exploit ur way into gathering equipment upgrade mats.

And yes I consider that an exploit, I like to run things legit.

Definatly not, sir! The option to leave after each round was implemented ON PURPOSE! Hardly an exploit at all. And as long as there is no word from the Devs about the fact that (except for the +4 companion gear, I did not know that @thefabricant ) getting exactly the same rewards for a bronze and a gold run is not WAI, such a comment like yours is quite an insult.

To be very clear about it once moe: Abandoning the skirmish by opting out is 100% LEGIT and in no way anything else but NORMAL!

• therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

You get companion gear for gold, which some of us want. You not going to get your fancy +4 pet gear in a bronze run.

You have no idea how frustrating it is for me to have my time wasted by you people who do nothing more than end it at bronze.

It is made worse by the fact that 90% of the time I am in a run where they end it early, the bronze runners sit around and do HAMSTER all in the first round and let me kill everything, because they a bunch of lazy asses.

Idgaf if I am carrying 3 people, so long as they damn well don't waste my time.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Ok, just kidding. But ask yourself, if you have such a hard time to become part of a gold run via a public queue, shouldn't that tell you that the vast majority does not WANT to run for gold...?

I mean, all your arguments can be turned around... for me it is very frustrating to be forced for gold, when all I wanted was a fleece and a quick option to gain some rADs, since my time as a casual player is pretty limited...

(and btw, these lazy asses you also find in gold runs ;-) )
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited April 2017

You get companion gear for gold, which some of us want. You not going to get your fancy +4 pet gear in a bronze run.

You have no idea how frustrating it is for me to have my time wasted by you people who do nothing more than end it at bronze.

It is made worse by the fact that 90% of the time I am in a run where they end it early, the bronze runners sit around and do HAMSTER all in the first round and let me kill everything, because they a bunch of lazy asses.

Idgaf if I am carrying 3 people, so long as they damn well don't waste my time.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Ok, just kidding. But ask yourself, if you have such a hard time to become part of a gold run via a public queue, shouldn't that tell you that the vast majority does not WANT to run for gold...?

I mean, all your arguments can be turned around... for me it is very frustrating to be forced for gold, when all I wanted was a fleece and a quick option to gain some rADs, since my time as a casual player is pretty limited...

(and btw, these lazy asses you also find in gold runs ;-) )
    @therealprotex lets be realistic here, I am in it for the long haul and I have consigned myself to it. I do 2/3 IGs per day, depending on if I am in the mood I may do more. I have yet to get a single piece of the gear I want. I will be doing 2/3 IGs for months and months and months. The people who want the mirage set, only need to do a fixed number of runs and then they never need to run IG again. They could at least be considerate to those of us who will still be running that mind numbingly boring place long after they are gone.
    edited April 2017
    @nameexpired
    Really ? Wanting to run a normal skirmish is wanting to make it my own turf?! Lol
    I just want to Q for a normal run for christ's sake
    @defiantone99
    I bet they will just wipe on purpose during the 2nd phase and still not giveother ppl a chance for gold
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I think this is a flaw created by the developers. The rewards should not be rougly equal for bronze, ie, and they shouldn't actually ASK if you want to continue. It's a load of HAMSTER. IG isn't really even a skirmish. It reminds me of some foundry arenas I've been in.
    I am gonna pull out of this discussion, as IMHO there are different interests, all of which I can understand, and there is no solution.

I can understand good and passionate players being frustrated that they can not queue and are actively refused a gold victory.
    I also can understand that players want their 45 fleece as fast as possible and do not blame them for not wanting to go for the terrible designed drop rates of +4 weapons, even more so considering the trash +4 that are there as well.

I suggest to vastly increase drop rates of +4 weapons for gold victories. as it is now these +4 items are hidden behind a time block, not a challenge, and the reward for staying 10 minutes are way too low.
    lowendus said:

@nameexpired

Really ? Wanting to run a normal skirmish is wanting to make it my own turf?! Lol

I just want to Q for a normal run for christ's sake

I just have to back down on this.

• uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    ohh I didn't know that comments had to be approved now.... sorry if i posted multiple times....
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    ALSO about reflect damage. How hard is for some players to see the red shield over the monsters?

They should just remove the ability to leave and remove that reflect damage nonsense.

no reflect should stay enough with the smashing buttons;p
    edited April 2017
    REmove fleece from bronze and problem solved or is logic someone to get mirage weapon in 60 minutes farming fleece while other weapons need to do nostura kabal or gyrion runs?
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Mirage is supposed to be easier to get.

IMO they should just have a bronze, silver and gold queue for IG.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    The solution is to get rid of voting (its a time sink anyway like the cut scene's we have seen a 1000+ times) and only have loot available at the end of the skirmish.

The only other option I see would be to allow the public que system a choice if you want bronze, silver, or gold and you only que up with those people.

Tell me which of the above would be easier for the devs to do.

As for getting the same rewards in bronze as gold, this is simply not TRUE. My guild has done over 100+ runs of bronze runs and they never saw anything above a +2 companion gear. Granted the sample size is not very big but if you go for gold, 1/3(very rough estimate) will net you a +3 and eventual a +4 or +5 will drop in gold runs....

Forcing players to run a content differently than what they want to run causes conflict. This I think is a bad design decision which puts players at odds with one another in a non-pvp environment and deserves to be fixed.

@nitocris83, I think this is something that should be brought up to the dev's as it is putting the player base at odds with one another and both sides of this coin have valid arguments for their points of views.