test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

dig site warning!

demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
edited April 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
If you collect arcane focus from a digsite and press shift + click the image of the arcane focus on screen, you won't collect anything....

So don't brag your items, or you won't get them.

Kid tested - mother approved.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    also if you press F once to loot...
    get excited about seeing arcane focus and spam f to collect quickly

you will get nothing.. and chest wont be relootable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    and on very rare occasions when someone loots right after you loot.. you get nothing....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

While I'm not 100% sure, I'm fairly certain that this is an exploit fix. Exploiters suck and have to ruin it for everyone.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    o..m....gosh.., SHIFT + CLICK! that's been something I've wondered about for EVER! I always drag my items to chat to get them in there... THANK YOU !!! =)
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Damn! You saying all this while I wasn't getting any of the currencies I thought I got? I usually hit everything multiple time to get done ASAP. Stuff loads pretty slowly on me, so *shrug*. Others seem to get the sparkles immediately but there's always a delay for me, I always thought it was because of my weak PC or internet, but both of those are more than capable now. :/
    FrozenFire
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

While I'm not 100% sure, I'm fairly certain that this is an exploit fix. Exploiters suck and have to ruin it for everyone.
    Oh c'mon. Yeah we had that double looting issue, but it's not the players fault that the devs

a) Didn't properly shield the chest in the first place and
    b) Introduced another bug while fixing the original issue

In the end we went from double resources for some to no resources for some. Judge for yourself what the more annoying scenario is.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    loboguild said:

kreatyve said:

Oh c'mon. Yeah we had that double looting issue, but it's not the players fault that the devs

a) Didn't properly shield the chest in the first place and
    b) Introduced another bug while fixing the original issue

In the end we went from double resources for some to no resources for some. Judge for yourself what the more annoying scenario is.
    I think my favorite part of this whole mess is that the stupid map node that's in the same room as the vault node was implemented perfectly. Multiple people can loot it simultaneously, you can't obviously double loot it as far as I've been able to tell, and none of this shady evaporating loot nonsense.

*mutters something about reinventing the wheel*
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I refuse to go near a chest while others are playing with it. Been robbed too many times because others were in a hurry.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

No, if this is true, it is an example of bad coding ruining it for everyone.

And, you know what. Who cares if some ppl got a few extra arcane focus every day? Geez, send out the lynch mob because they are trying to reduce the insane/inhumane amount of grind that is shoved down our throats. Obviously it is much better to shaft innocent people to fix that game breaking "exploit".

pffft
    It's best to wait and loot one by one in party order... let the leader exit map first or the part my get split up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Doesnt matter, merely getting any focus from dig sites after that patch... Increased drop rate, uhm.
    200_s.gif
    Blame your RNG. I get them regularly.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

If you collect arcane focus from a digsite and press shift + click the image of the arcane focus on screen, you won't collect anything....

So don't brag your items, or you won't get them.

Kid tested - mother approved.

Honestly, what's the point of this? No one cares what you get when you're running stuff that others are also doing. You get a rare drop, that's one thing. You get common HAMSTER for doing regular stuff, and the only thing you do is annoy people when you show it off.
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    The sky is falling the sky is falling. This is 90% BS. I've been counting the number of arcane focus from the start, I've spam clicked F, I've shift clicked to show, as well as looted quickly in groups and I have yet to lose a single focus. When I was farming focus before the "fix" I was getting 7-9 a day. After the fix still getting the same amount. I got my 1st set of weapons weeks ago and I have enough to get a 2nd set already.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • sinneblomsinneblom Member Posts: 64 Arc User

If you and a other person click at the same time one of them got nothing :( bug bug bug

sinneblom said:

If you and a other person click at the same time one of them got nothing :( bug bug bug

I get an error about the node being exhausted by another player. But if I wait a few seconds, I can re-loot and get my rewards.

Are folks saying that if they get the error they cannot subsequently re-loot? (Sometimes takes up to 4-5 sec for the node to become re-lootable for me).
    im saying when you reloot it will show items on screen like you obtained them... but they will not go into your inventory.

we tested this, and the results are true.

This is not a sky is falling post. This is a listen so you don't waste your time post.

I also have my weapon set and my boons, this message is not for me.... it is for the people that want to not waste their time messing up. If you feel this warning is not for you just ignore it.

The weatherman tells you it's going to rain with a certain % chance, I am simply saying the chance is high that if you don't know about how the game is bugging, you will most likely loose out on items down the line. If I can help prevent that, I will.
    If I see your house on fire at 3:30AM, I will run over and make sure you are awake and out of there not sit and watch you burn in your sleep. happy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

im saying when you reloot it will show items on screen like you obtained them... but they will not go into your inventory.

Oh noes! I'll check this tonight as well for peace of mind and to help escalate. (personally, I have for the most part been patiently waiting my turn to loot, but what you describe is a pretty big bug in my book)

happy?

Very happy with you, less happy with the bug, thanks for sharing!
    @nitocris83 This sounds like a major bug with updated digsite loot mechanics, could you please point the appropriate dev to take a look?

BUG:I was able to reproduce a situation that caused no loot to be given, despite usual loot notifications.

If I tried to look while a teammate was looting, I got an error telling me the node was exhausted. However, when I tried to loot the node again, I got a popup with the loot as well as the inventory notification window, but my inventory numbers did not go up at all for any of the professions materials.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,216 Arc User
    If you solo, you will not have any problem, right? I just want to understand if I could encounter this bug and do not know about it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***