test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Steel Defense Bug at end of mSvA?

tuka93#1385 tuka93 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2017 in The Guard Barracks
I've done mSvA 10+times and everytime it comes to last phase ,20% left, i see him about to do his spin strike(ring of winter?) I pop fighters recovery for steel defense and I still get 1 shot only way is if AA is up but I can't stand AA cheese, so I've tried getting Steel Defense up so he attacks with it up. I know the timing cause I only tank orcus every day and have timing for Steel down pat. But he just ignores it and kills me. 95%Dr. 157khp(5 vip) 49% everfrost.

This is PS4

Thank you for taking time to read this and or answer.

Best Answer

Answers

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    You mean Duumverate?

You know, the one where he freezes a tank, mumbles "you will die alone!", and the frozen tank has arrows standing over their head, then he does a GWF style Not So Fast and hits the tanks for a lot of damage?

I tried using Steel Defense to cheese Duumverate, but it only blocked the first hit.

I think that, in theory, Steel Defense can block both the initial hit and everfrost hit. I
    actually used Steel Defense to cheese FBI Call of Winter once, but it required good timing.

This is why I think you can do the same to Duumverate. However, given how Steel Defense has a extremely short invincibility window, and how lengthy Duumverate can be, your timing will need to be extremely precise if you want to cheese Duumverate with Steel Defense.

It could just flat out be impossible for all I know, but I haven't tried Steel Defense in MSvard in forever. And I would need to run with a team that's okay with me getting killed, since it would take me a few tries to figure this out.

• tuka93#1385 tuka93 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I'm not to sure as to the name or what he says, I just know it's after he spins in the last bit of it, and it's not arrows on my head. It's just spin, boom, dead. And i tried different timings. And even when AA was up cause it will still say immune over the zeros. But thank you for letting me know it might just have to be very precise timing.
    I asked a in game GF and he said Steel Defense lags there but I can't believe that.
    The explode everything is I think it, I feel the screen goes white. Thank you for taking the time to explain that it is a big help.
  • ghostman#7107 ghostman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Hey guys.

This one is interesting. I have just finished getting my marks from Msva and i had to do upwards of 200 runs, wont even get into the fact i saw no greater ring at all...

I've had this issue and lag could well play a part but what I've noticed is if the dps run red circles underneath you wehn this is happening then you can easily be downed. Also it seems that it takes a split second to kick in so if your mid animation your also downed. The greater potions help so if your using KC cancel it get your shield up and more times you will take the hit. The call if winter attack rarely downs me now but does bring you out of guard afterwards.
    Amelia GF IL 4005

The Legendary Outlaws
    I've ran it in quite a few more times now and only been able to get the immune to pop once.

Next I will see about the group's circles under me. But seems though I'm shielded and still downs me with no dmg pop other than a 80k everfrost.